Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-02-09, 06:47 AM   #13
Crow_Nest
Ace Spammer

Send a message via MSN to Crow_Nest
Default Re: Assassin's Creed 2 Delayed on PC Solely for Piracy Concerns?

They can delay it for the next 1000 years and the pirates will still find a way to pirate it... Whats the point?
| Hitachi 1TB SATA3 HDD | Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700W |
| Cooler Master Centurion 5 II Casing | Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 |

Laptop : Lenovo IdeaPad Y450
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce G110M 256MB |
| 4GB DDR3 SDRAM | Western Digital 320GB | 14.1' LED Backlit Screen |

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=73666&dateline=135279  2183
Crow_Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-09, 07:16 AM   #14
Lfctony

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelGraves13 View Post
Unless they release it only on STEAM and Direct2Drive. No retail = no piracy.
You are mis-informed...
Fafnir: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600@3.2Ghz|eVGA 780i SLI|PNY GTX480 |Kingston DDR667 4096MB|WD Black Caviar 500GB|Seagate SATA 250GB|Seagate SATA 200GB| Seagate SATA 160GB|OptiArc AD-7173S DVDRW|Nec 3351 DVDRW|Creative X-FI XM|LG Flatron W2261V|Logitech X-530|Thermaltake Armor|Amptac 850W SLI PSU|Logitech G9 Mouse|Xigmatek HDT S-1283 CPU Cooler|Windows 7/FW 257.21

PS2 - Wii - Xbox - Xbox360 - PSP - GC - PS3 Owner

Boycott Starforce...

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
Lfctony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-09, 07:28 AM   #15
BioHazZarD
USCM Marine

Send a message via MSN to BioHazZarD

All Jade Raymonds fault
Chieftec Miditower /w 5 case fans | Corsair 620W HX PSU | Asus M4N98TD EVO SLI | AMD Athlon2 X2 260 3,2GHz | Corsair 3GB PC3-10666 | eVGA Geforce GTX 460 1GB (336shader) | Samsung Spinpoint x2 250GB HD +SATA 320GB | SB Audigy 4 @ 2.1 | Samsung Syncmaster BX2331 TFT 23" running 1920x1080@60hz | Windows XP PRO SP2 | |
BioHazZarD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-09, 07:47 AM   #16
rudedog
Not so Rude

PC piracy is the scape goat and "corporate, thing to say to your customers".

It's really amusing that you only read about people getting arrested for selling pirated console games and mod chips.

How come we never read/hear about someone getting arrested for PC game piracy?
BDR-202|X-Fi Fatal1ty 2.07.0004|Logitec G7-setpoint 3.1.116|Ergodex DX1-firmware 1.1-driver1.3|Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW 24" LCD|PCPower and Cooling TurboCool 1000 SLI|Windows 7 Ultimate|Klipsch THX 5.1
Imac: Snow Leopard|27" screen|i7 2.93|12 GB|ATI HD 5750 1G|WD 1T SATA|2xWD 2T firewire 800|Sharing Dell 24"
Laptop: MBP|2.16|2GB ram|160drive
Laptop 2: MBP Unibody|2.66|4GB ram|320drive
Camera: D700 + MB-D10 + EN-EL3e + GP1|Nikon14-24 f2.8|nikon24-70 f2.8|nikon70-200 f2.8|nikon 50 f1.4|Sigma 150-500
Car: 2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic Plum Crazy Purl|6 Speed|Power roof|Super Track Pack|20" classic rims|Functional ram air hood
rudedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-09, 08:21 AM   #17
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudedog View Post

How come we never read/hear about someone getting arrested for PC game piracy?
Yeah I don't ever remember reading about key members of certain cracking groups getting arrested finally.

Piracy happens on all platforms (except for the PS3) but its still the most rampant on the PC. PC titles sell for less(usually way below MSRP) so they generate less revenue, which means that a developer/publisher/Shops sees less profit from them making them an easy target.

Yes the X360 has piracy and that is easy for someone in the know and technically savy but most console gamers are not as tech savy as you would expect. And it still is not nearly as easy as PC Piracy, which requires no work on the users side other then downloading the file and replacing another file after the installation... instructions are provided with every download... yeah... so hard.

EDIT: Think this thread needs to be closed... thread is already degrading to piracy complaints and BS arguements.
Old 09-02-09, 08:55 AM   #18
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Yeah I don't ever remember reading about key members of certain cracking groups getting arrested finally.

Piracy happens on all platforms (except for the PS3) but its still the most rampant on the PC. PC titles sell for less(usually way below MSRP) so they generate less revenue, which means that a developer/publisher/Shops sees less profit from them making them an easy target.

Yes the X360 has piracy and that is easy for someone in the know and technically savy but most console gamers are not as tech savy as you would expect. And it still is not nearly as easy as PC Piracy, which requires no work on the users side other then downloading the file and replacing another file after the installation... instructions are provided with every download... yeah... so hard.

EDIT: Think this thread needs to be closed... thread is already degrading to piracy complaints and BS arguements.
true they are not, but it doesn't take a genius to find a friend who has got it done by someone else who will do it for $. i am only saying this because i got bunch of guys with xbox360 and they all have there ones modded and pretty much got it done by the same guy, by same i mean someone else not from work but sells his services. and after that he pays $5-10AUD for a game.

i dont think the thread needs to be locked tbh, if ac2 is getting delayed on pc because of they want to get there new anti piracy thing out..then its just silly because its going to get cracked anyway.

if you want to have your game not pirated, make a solid good game and sell it at a reasonable/affordable price ( certain retailers mark up there products just because they can)

i gotta say tho, when i first heard how easy it was for people to get there xbox modded and then still have multiplayer access..i was really shocked...atleast on pc you need a valid key to play online games.

and i dont know what your on about the 'finally' part, if u mean tpb then that relates to console piracy as well, you can find a lot of stories in aus tho for console pirate sellers getting busted big time here, but that aside..google it self is a 'piracy' search engine.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-09, 09:11 AM   #19
rudedog
Not so Rude

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post

The point is, devs and pubs will spend money on console piracy but do nothing about PC piracy. I work closely with several top publishes and to be honest, they could care less when I send them links to sites that are offering their "PC games" for free and out in the open.

You want to know the funny part, I get these links from my google alerts I've setup to monitor PC game related news. Hell I can go back 6 months and still find the same guys giving this **** away. You can say what you want about what platform makes more money, until they actually do something about the pirates themselves stop blaming bad sales on piracy

I will bet that their half assed port, lack of attention to detail, bad support, track record of putting out the same game over and over again has more to do with it then piracy.

Also you bring up the PS3, and it's lack of piracy. I wonder if that has anything to do with it's great sales numbers? - which I think is the better of all consoles.
BDR-202|X-Fi Fatal1ty 2.07.0004|Logitec G7-setpoint 3.1.116|Ergodex DX1-firmware 1.1-driver1.3|Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW 24" LCD|PCPower and Cooling TurboCool 1000 SLI|Windows 7 Ultimate|Klipsch THX 5.1
Imac: Snow Leopard|27" screen|i7 2.93|12 GB|ATI HD 5750 1G|WD 1T SATA|2xWD 2T firewire 800|Sharing Dell 24"
Laptop: MBP|2.16|2GB ram|160drive
Laptop 2: MBP Unibody|2.66|4GB ram|320drive
Camera: D700 + MB-D10 + EN-EL3e + GP1|Nikon14-24 f2.8|nikon24-70 f2.8|nikon70-200 f2.8|nikon 50 f1.4|Sigma 150-500
Car: 2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic Plum Crazy Purl|6 Speed|Power roof|Super Track Pack|20" classic rims|Functional ram air hood
rudedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-09, 09:28 AM   #20
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

+1, everyone has that friend. Not everyone needs to know how to mod a 360, just one person and he flashes 360s for the 22 people you work with that have them. Or so I've heard

Once your 360 is modded you are set though, its so much easier than pirating PC games which require a crack for that particular game and cracks for the subsequent patches.

But yea, its the PC piracy that is outta control - I'd say avoiding a shoddy port is more likely the reason for the delay...

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-02-09, 10:30 AM   #21
agentkay

Totally agree with you mailman2, piracy on the 360 is freakin easy, takes 5 minutes to "mod" the console and if people arent totally dumb and know how to stealth patch they can fully use pirated copies for SP/MP without any limitation whatsoever! PC piracy for instance is rarely successful on the MP parts except when people can be arsed to setup cracked servers and play through hamachi or its simply not possible at all.

I think this "because of PC piracy" talk is very often just a BS scapegoat from certain devs/publishers who simply can't be arsed to do the job right. PC games/ports can sell well and be very profitable if they are done right and well supported.

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-09, 10:35 AM   #22
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentkay View Post
Totally agree with you mailman2, piracy on the 360 is freakin easy, takes 5 minutes to "mod" the console and if people arent totally dumb and know how to stealth patch they can fully use pirated copies for SP/MP without any limitation whatsoever! PC piracy for instance is rarely successful on the MP parts except when people can be arsed to setup cracked servers and play through hamachi or its simply not possible at all.

I think this "because of PC piracy" talk is very often just a BS scapegoat from certain devs/publishers who simply can't be arsed to do the job right. PC games/ports can sell well and be very profitable if they are done right and well supported.
Its nice to know someone sees where I'm coming from about the 360 piracy vs PC.

I realize its easy to bang out a console game and charge $60 each. There is no system compatibility issues to worry about, no driver issues, all the same hardware. I get it. Its purely greed that drives the devs to push console games. I just wish they'd be honest about it and stop the bull**** with the PC has too much Piracy. Just man up tell the truth already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-09, 10:54 AM   #23
agentkay

And also its a lot easier to make medicore "copy n paste games" especially certain Ubisoft games (hint ) or downright horrible disasters like NFS ProStreet/Undercover all that still sells millions of copies. No wonder they get greedy, they make millions of $$ with garbage, utter crap! And don't forget all the DLC crap, certain people actually pay for "mappacks" or "horse armor".

Yes we have the financial crisis and profits are much lower than usual so maybe some of their "advanced business strategies" are necessary but I would highly appreaciate a bit less greed and more honesty/modesty. I would have more respect for "them" for sure and I think we have also seen in this particular industry that "happy customers" will more likely be loyal and paying customers, instead of being treated automatically as "criminals".

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-09, 11:36 AM   #24
Nitz Walsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJuanlo View Post
360 version is the easiest to pirate
Laughable. The effort and risk required to mod a 360 to accept pirated copies is monumental as compared to just downloading a torrent and applying the crack on the PC. The # of 360 games being seeded as compared to PC gamers easily verifies this, if the sales alone don't.

This crap always comes up in piracy threads, and it's always bunk. Sure, you may know some guy who has his 360 modded, but the vast majority aren't. The ability to rent games on the consoles further reduces the need to pirate, PC gamers unfortunately don't have that option.
Nitz Walsh is offline   Reply With Quote