Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-05-09, 06:20 PM   #25
TheANIMAL

Default Re: What's the future for PC gaming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaury View Post
and that stinks because the excitement of buying a new graphics card/pc
Sorry, you lost me at that point

I used to be a graphics card nut but now i dont really see the point, i just admire pretty graphics
TheANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-09, 09:02 PM   #26
Shamrock
Royalty gone awry

Quote:
What's the future for PC gaming?
The Holodeck!

AMD Phenom II 955BE
16GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1333Mhz
Sapphire Radeon HD 7850
Logitech Z-5300 5.1 THX surround sound
HANNS-G 28" LCD
ZBoard Merc Gaming Keyboard
CoolerMaster HAF-932 Full Tower Case
Windows 7 Pro x64
Shamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-09, 09:14 PM   #27
Sgt_Pitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheANIMAL View Post
Games will also be very pretty.
They won't just be pretty, they'll hopefully be easier to make if nvidia has it's way.
Old 09-05-09, 09:26 PM   #28
K007

Blizzard wont release SC2 to Console if they cant get the control system just like on the PC. They don't like to release halfassed ports/broken games, and i really don't think they will waste there time on it either.

SC2/D3 is gonna be massive!.

I wish all developers were more like Blizzard. They have always released quality games and there support for multiplayer has been very solid. If only there was a Blizcon in AUS
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-09, 09:34 PM   #29
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
Blizzard wont release SC2 to Console if they cant get the control system just like on the PC. They don't like to release halfassed ports/broken games, and i really don't think they will waste there time on it either.

SC2/D3 is gonna be massive!.

I wish all developers were more like Blizzard. They have always released quality games and there support for multiplayer has been very solid. If only there was a Blizcon in AUS
Yes because I forgot, they never released Warcraft 2 and Diablo on the Playstation or Starcraft on the N64... They never release ports that aren't optimal...

The Blizzard from back then is also different from the one now, back then they were smaller and weren't controlled by Activision's money hungry CEO. If it will bring money it will be released on console. Sorry to burst your bubble but I am willing to bet that Starcraft and/or Diablo 3 will see a release on consoles.
Old 09-05-09, 11:05 PM   #30
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Yes because I forgot, they never released Warcraft 2 and Diablo on the Playstation or Starcraft on the N64... They never release ports that aren't optimal...

The Blizzard from back then is also different from the one now, back then they were smaller and weren't controlled by Activision's money hungry CEO. If it will bring money it will be released on console. Sorry to burst your bubble but I am willing to bet that Starcraft and/or Diablo 3 will see a release on consoles.
I think he was referencing a recent comment from someone in Blizzard that they know those ports were terrible, and they will only port SC2 and D3 if they can come up with a proper control method.

Honestly Blizz games are so scalable they could probably port them to the Wii, which would somewhat adequately mimic mouse control, especially for Diablo. They probably fear the audience isn't there though. Still, Diablo should be easy on the Xbox, just work it like Marvel Ultimate Alliance or Baldur's Gate console versions. It's Starcraft 2 I bet they never port.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-09, 12:57 AM   #31
K007

If i remember correctly they reffered to Halo Wars as an example of y they dont want to port it to consoles (For now).

When it comes to release games Blizzard always want there games to be top quality, i mean look at it...they have Starcarft/Diablo/Warcraft...and look how well they are doing, and i am a multiplayer freak, and they have always done a top notch on this.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote