Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-26-09, 04:55 PM   #61
Lyme

Default Re: Forza 3! (A LOT of large images!)

3D ****pits are over-rated, I spend my time looking outside.

As for screen captures, neither of my tv recording boxes record better than standard resolution.
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-09, 05:52 PM   #62
Noriega
你妈妈喜欢的阴茎

Slawter can you do some screens ( or capture screen using video card) with some shots in c0ckpits view?
Old 09-26-09, 09:06 PM   #63
Destroy

The annoying thing in c0ckpit view to me is that in some of the cars the mirrors are useless. Hitting the look back button works but then why bother with putting in mirrors in the first place.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-09, 06:26 PM   #64
MustangSVT
Stop looking at me

I've played the demo and while the game is certainly no LFS/rFactor, I love the game. I loved the first Forza and played it quite a bit (beat the entire career mode). With Forza 2, I was part of 2 weekly leagues for about a year and it was lot of fun. Forza 3 looks to be a hit for me.

While it's not fully realistic, you have to remember the following things:

- it has a great online community, you can find a lot of respectable leagues for the game
- all the cars are very customizable in terms of livery and parts and if it's anything like Forza 2, it'll be good
- semi-realistic physics that still require skill to be good

My only complaint with Forza 2 was not enough tracks and also the fact that I couldn't repair aero damage at the pits. If this game improves on that, it'll be great. After playing the demo, I'm already sold, so hopefully they've improved on the two parts I mentioned.

2. Q9550 @ 3.7, ASUS P5K, Galaxy 8800GT G92, 2GB Mushkin DDR2-1066, Samsung 710N + Samsung 205BW, Audigy 2 + SB Live! 5.1 (hooked up together, really), dad's comp

3. XP-M 2500+ @ 205x11.5, Gigabyte nForce2-400, GeForce4 Ti4200, 2x512MB OCZ DDR-400 "Premier", oldie
MustangSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-09, 07:44 PM   #65
MowTin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangSVT View Post
I've played the demo and while the game is certainly no LFS/rFactor, I love the game. I loved the first Forza and played it quite a bit (beat the entire career mode). With Forza 2, I was part of 2 weekly leagues for about a year and it was lot of fun. Forza 3 looks to be a hit for me.

While it's not fully realistic, you have to remember the following things:

- it has a great online community, you can find a lot of respectable leagues for the game
- all the cars are very customizable in terms of livery and parts and if it's anything like Forza 2, it'll be good
- semi-realistic physics that still require skill to be good

My only complaint with Forza 2 was not enough tracks and also the fact that I couldn't repair aero damage at the pits. If this game improves on that, it'll be great. After playing the demo, I'm already sold, so hopefully they've improved on the two parts I mentioned.
Judging from the demo is Forza 3 woth buying a wheel for the 360? How does it compare to Shift?

I played Forza 3 demo. I couldn't get the Evo to spin out on turns. Seems the sub 500bhp cars are tamer than they should be. Shift has the same issue.

Forza 3 has much better collision physics and damage model than Shift. You could ruin your transmission in F3. But Shift (PC) has better graphics and sound and possibly a better tire model.

Still seeking a realistic driving game with good graphics.

PS3 | Xbox 360
MowTin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-09, 08:41 PM   #66
m3dude

gt5 looks better, but this is a clear 2nd in terms of racing game visuals. looks solidly better than shift even on the best pc.
m3dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-09, 08:51 PM   #67
sammy sung

There's some debate over the demo at the forza forum,apparently there's some model switching going on.The game switches to a lower detail model as the race starts,the close up of the car rolling up and revving you see before the light turns green is switched just as the race starts.Some have issues with turn 10's marketing strategies but it's the same thing epic/bungie/crytek pulls ,promising this detailed higher res models and claiming them to be gameplay,theyre getting away with it since its not prerendered.

After sifting through some of the threads the facts are basily these:

-The cars you see during the race,as you drive them are lower detail models than in any other mode you see them in.

-The replays have switched carmodels with a little more detail,the car/colorselection screens have even higher detail/more polys.

-The photomode in the full game will add AA and a higher detail model.

-One of their developers called che has claimed that Turn 10 doesn't post bullshots and that no modelchanging was taking place but he later corrected himself .

If anything will change in the final game is uncertain,i haven't seen a official comment from Turn 10 about the demo in their forums ,the comments the che person made was found elsewhere.There's a gif in one of the threads showing the "switch" and its very easy to miss when it happens but you can spot if you compare how your car looks just after you finish the race before pressing continue vs how it looks in the replays.

When i first played it i thought that the car shown as it rolled up was the model you raced with but it isn't.But don't get me wrong here ,the game still looks good,not nearly as good as promised but still better than the GT5P demo for my Ps3.

It would be unrealistic to think that some of these issues would be a lot better in the final game , perhaps to some extent but don't bet on it.It still looks better than FM2 and it will be a great game but the visuals disappoint,atleast compared to shots not taken during realtime racing and to what people were led to belive the finished product would look like.

We will see in 2 weeks i guess.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/fo...d/2975508.aspx

The gif i mentioned with the switch:

This is a comparison of the FM3 demo and the GT5P demo:

FM3 :

GT5P :

This is GT5 from a later build than the GT5P demo,looks better than the FM3 demo imo (supposedly) during gameplay

Old 09-27-09, 09:05 PM   #68
m3dude

gt5 blows the doors of everything graphically, no other racing game comes close.
m3dude is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-27-09, 09:23 PM   #69
MowTin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy sung View Post
But don't get me wrong here ,the game still looks good,not nearly as good as promised but still better than the GT5P demo for my Ps3.
GT5P looks much better because of the lighting. Forza 3 looks artificial. Take a look at this...

PS3 | Xbox 360
MowTin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-09, 09:50 PM   #70
sammy sung

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTin View Post
GT5P looks much better because of the lighting. Forza 3 looks artificial. Take a look at this...
I disagree,most of that was from replay modes ,some shots of the mini is small setpieces comparable to the color/car selection in FM3.It looks nowhere near that good during actual gameplay.I have no doubt that the GT5 game when its finished will look better but that vid is not evidence of that.
Old 09-27-09, 11:03 PM   #71
MustangSVT
Stop looking at me

Who cares about the graphics? To me they look fine. I've played Shift demo on my PC at 1920x1200 with full AA and full details on and yea the game looks great, but the game itself sucks. It only has 60 cars, no real damage model and the online is limited. If you don't enjoy the gameplay of Forza 3, then you should not buy it. The whole idea behind the game is to have semi-realistic physics, lots of nice cars, lots of multiplayer lobby options, full parts and livery customization. If you didn't like Forza 2 as an example (which also had all of these things), then you won't like this game. If you've played Shift (or other racing games for that matter like GRID or DIRT) and want something more than just a flashy racer with wannabe physics, then Forza is a much better game than those. One could nitpick at those graphics all day, they're not perfect and for sure Gran Turismo looks better, but who cars? GT5 isn't due out for another like half a year if not more. I'm willing to buy Forza 3 to play online during that time.

Also, this:

Quote:
It still looks better than FM2 and it will be a great game but the visuals disappoint,atleast compared to shots not taken during realtime racing and to what people were led to belive the finished product would look like.
Are you for real? If you (or anyone else for that matter) believed the game would look like those screenshots, then you're very gullible. Those screenshots look better than anything I have on PC. They have like 64 times anti-aliasing on them. Of course the game looks nothing like those screenshots. Just how GRID and DIRT and Shift looks nothing like those devshots they pull out of their ass.

Also, GT5 looks good, but at the end of the day, it's just a game. If anything, in terms of game vs game comparison (Forza vs GT), my main complaint is the fact that Xbox360 does not support the main consumer steering wheels (Thrustmaster and Logitech), whereas the PS2 and PS3 do. Due to that, I can play GT5 with my Logitech G25, but not only that, I can also do split screen in Prologue, one person with a Logitech G25, one person with a Logitech DFP. That is something that Forza 3 (well Xbox in general i guess) is missing, lack of good steering wheel support. I'm certainly not going to buy a $500+ Fanatec wheel just to play on Xbox when I use my Logitech steering wheels on PS2, PS3 and PC. That being said, I enjoyed Forza 1 and 2 with the controller and judging from the demo, I'll enjoy 3 as well.

The last thing I want to mention is that this is a PC forum at the end of the day, so some of you guys posting here might have unreasonable expectations for a Xbox game. It probably doesn't have anti-aliasing and it's a ****ty resolution. If that bothers you about Forza 3, then I guess Xbox isn't for you. Like I said, I've played GRID and Shift on PC (these are games that are already out and available on PC that are similar to Forza 3) and both of those games suck in terms of physics and gameplay (in my opinion).

2. Q9550 @ 3.7, ASUS P5K, Galaxy 8800GT G92, 2GB Mushkin DDR2-1066, Samsung 710N + Samsung 205BW, Audigy 2 + SB Live! 5.1 (hooked up together, really), dad's comp

3. XP-M 2500+ @ 205x11.5, Gigabyte nForce2-400, GeForce4 Ti4200, 2x512MB OCZ DDR-400 "Premier", oldie
MustangSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-09, 01:06 AM   #72
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangSVT View Post
Who cares about the graphics?
*Shudder*

Just kidding. Seriously though, a lot of games look pretty exact with their press shots when maxed with SSAA years later on PC. Whether upresing and AAing the hell out of a game that will be mainly played on a console at 720p with 2xMSAA is lying or just good marketing is up for debate I guess.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote