Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-10-09, 05:49 AM   #25
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Darkest of Days

I don't want to give anything away, but WOW... there was a level I just played that was AWESOME.

First off... one of the best sniper mission ever... but where that ended up, I can't even hint. It was just... effecting. Disturbing. Then awesome. Think Call of Duty 4's nuclear moment. Not as big budget, but equally as impressive.

Hopefully a lot of you see it eventually.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-09, 08:39 AM   #26
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Ive been playing the last 2 nights. I find the game to be incredibly fun. Its doesnt have the gameplay / mechanics of COD or the graphics of Crysis or FC2 but it still looks great, runs great and is a ton of fun. Too bad the 360 idiots get a crappy port... actually no, after all the bad PC ports thats what they deserve lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-09, 10:59 AM   #27
HiCZoK4

NarcissistZero... Timeshift is not an averange fps but best ******* fps in line after hl2 in my opinion !!!!
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-09, 11:28 AM   #28
Retrolock

I'm just wondering why it doesn't have multiplayer? It would have been awesome MP game, using old rifles and skewering each other with rusty bayonets. Then if you earn a kill streak you get a M-16 to mow down other players.
Old 09-10-09, 11:33 AM   #29
Kaguya

This definitely seems like a Love It or Hate It game... Metacritic only shows two scores at the moment, but one is IGN with 4 and the other is PC Gamer UK with 8.
EVGA GeForce GTX 470 x2 SLI
OCZ Vertex 2 EX & Corsair P256
LG GH22NS50 22X DVD-RW SATA
Antec TruePower Quattro 1000w SLI PSU
Acer HN274H 1920x1080 3D Ready LCD
Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
Antec 900 Ultimate Gamer Case
Kaguya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-09, 12:10 PM   #30
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiCZoK4 View Post
NarcissistZero... Timeshift is not an averange fps but best ******* fps in line after hl2 in my opinion !!!!
Timeshift was very underrated. One of my favs too.

Quote:
Old 09-10-09, 02:55 PM   #31
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiCZoK4 View Post
I really liked it, don't get me wrong. I just meant it wasn't anything special or really innovative, compared to something like FEAR or Half Life 2.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 09-10-09, 02:57 PM   #32
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaguya View Post
This definitely seems like a Love It or Hate It game... Metacritic only shows two scores at the moment, but one is IGN with 4 and the other is PC Gamer UK with 8.
I have heard the 360 port is really terrible, and am willing to bet IGN reviewed the 360 build, then only took a brief glance at the PC game before issuing roughly the same score. Most sites won't even bother to do that, they will just review the 360 game and count the score for both.

Not only is this easier on reviewers, reviewers who most likely play games on console for the most part, but it also prevents angry letters from people wanting to know why their version was lower.

Old 09-10-09, 10:14 PM   #33
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

My continuing war with this guy from Destructoid has reached a fever pitch: http://www.destructoid.com/review-da...s-147921.phtml

A freaking ONE? Really? Most of his complaints seem to be about the poor 360 port, just like IGN. Sadly the chances of him playing the PC version are slim to none, since PC controls are inferior according to him.

God I hate that guy.

Old 09-10-09, 10:47 PM   #34
Kaguya

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
My continuing war with this guy from Destructoid has reached a fever pitch: http://www.destructoid.com/review-da...s-147921.phtml

A freaking ONE? Really? Most of his complaints seem to be about the poor 360 port, just like IGN. Sadly the chances of him playing the PC version are slim to none, since PC controls are inferior according to him.

God I hate that guy.
Out of curiosity, the part where he's talking about marching through a Nazi POW camp and he says he got a heavy slowdown and witnessed glitchy animation, did you get that (assuming you've been through that part)? If not, then I'd have to agree the 360 port didn't work out so well.

What about the big swaths of nothing? You feel that there is some of that?
EVGA GeForce GTX 470 x2 SLI
OCZ Vertex 2 EX & Corsair P256
LG GH22NS50 22X DVD-RW SATA
Antec TruePower Quattro 1000w SLI PSU
Acer HN274H 1920x1080 3D Ready LCD
Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
Antec 900 Ultimate Gamer Case
Kaguya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-09, 11:39 PM   #35
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaguya View Post
Out of curiosity, the part where he's talking about marching through a Nazi POW camp and he says he got a heavy slowdown and witnessed glitchy animation, did you get that (assuming you've been through that part)? If not, then I'd have to agree the 360 port didn't work out so well.

What about the big swaths of nothing? You feel that there is some of that?
The POW camp is actually a concentration camp, I thought, and is the moment I was talking about a few posts back. It was pretty amazing, and it looked visually stunning, as was the escape, and no, it did not have technical issues.

The levels are indeed open, and there are large plains where there is no real landmarks at times, but there is constant enemies usually. I never got the feeling I was walking forever with nothing to do, in other words... I would say it is like Crysis in this regard.

One other thing he mentions is how horrible the weapon are, but honestly I found using to be fun and different. He completely writes off the upgrade component, and with my reload maxed out those old muskets reload in a second... it feels different from other shooters. Maybe his performance was crap due to crappy port controls so he never got upgrades.

I am not saying the game is amazin, and it has a lot of flaws. It all depends on what you value on whether you will like it or not. But a ONE? It's just insane and uncalled for. Same with IGN and their 4. I think it comes down to polish in the end... some gamers are used to that 100 million dollar polish and look down at a game that doesn't have it, and in this case it's even worse because of the bad 360 port.

Old 09-11-09, 12:04 AM   #36
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

That review is awful. He's just screaming "why did the 360 get a port from the pc? *gasp* The horror!!" and "I'm really, really friggin' ghey" the entire review.

Quote: