Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-29-03, 12:42 AM   #61
UDawg
Retired spammer

Default Re: Suggestion on news posting.

Quote:
Originally posted by Flecko
not to sound mean or offensive...

but will someone please tell MUYA to stop posting ****ing roundups twice a day instead of the usual style of news posts?

I have really stopped visiting this site so much since all the news is lumped into one post that doesn't really catch my eye. I mean...there are alot of items in there that deserve their own post in my opinion, but rather than having it done the right way, they just get lumped into one "roundup" as he so frankly put it.

Just a suggestion, but its really getting under my skin.

Thanks for the otherwise great new site,
-Flekco
I completely disagree. I like Muya's format. Do not change it. If you do I will post twice the amount of political thread as I usually do.
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-03, 12:44 AM   #62
UDawg
Retired spammer

Quote:
Originally posted by vampireuk
Why Sir Gib, I read your comment with great amusement. I however refuse to be drawn in and lower myself to your level....

Frenchie!!!

BAHAHA!!!

Calling some one a Frenchie in my book is a pwnd. LOL!
UDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-03, 02:05 AM   #63
ashayh

Before Muya started delivering news by the truckload, I had always noticed that NVnews was later than most other sites for news(although they got it in the end).

Probably because I am from a similar time zone?

I've been coming to Nvnews a lot often since Muya started.
ashayh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-03, 02:32 AM   #64
demonized
R420

i think the site needs to use a smaller font size. This should make enough space for Muya to post his news roundup's.
2GB OCZ PC3200 EL platinum.
ATI X800XL
SB Audigy gamer
NEC 2500a 8x8x32
Liteon 52x24x52
demonized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-03, 02:46 AM   #65
MUYA

Send a message via MSN to MUYA
Default Re: More tweaking to the Roundup

Quote:
Originally posted by maxpower
Okay, so what do you all think of this?

Thoughts?
Excellent stuff Max!
Looks excellent in any browser now that you have defined the all parameters , b4 kinda sucked on non-IE browsers! But now looks standard on any browser! Only problem is that hardcoded html in the roundup gets more complicated ..so if i make a mistake ...help me out please or better still, I would like to ask ya to make a template and email me so to speak to make life easier for......me mainly! :P

cheers

MUYA
MUYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-03, 03:27 AM   #66
MUYA

Send a message via MSN to MUYA
Default Re: Re: More tweaking to the Roundup

Quote:
Originally posted by MUYA
help me out please or better still, I would like to ask ya to make a template and email me so to speak to make life easier for......me mainly! :P
Nevermind Max, I isolated the HTML code and made a template myself

Cheers

MUYA
MUYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-03, 10:23 AM   #67
Quinn1981
Elite Bastard

I like the round ups, but only mixed in with more important articles with a little commentary in there. That's why I come to nV News for news. I like to read the news posts.
Quinn1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-03, 03:06 PM   #68
Clay

Default Re: Re: Re: More tweaking to the Roundup

Quote:
Originally posted by MUYA
Nevermind Max, I isolated the HTML code and made a template myself
Cool, you're fast all around! That's all I would have done too; just grab the source from the Saturday PM Roundup that I was tweaking on and make a template from that.

Quote:
...Only problem is that hardcoded html in the roundup gets more complicated...
You're exactly right...that is a downside to this new layout. I was also concerned about speed (with a nested table being involved now and all) but the difference (if any) is negligible. I'll keep an eye on the formatting/syntax for the roundups as best I can for a few weeks and adjust as necessary. I think it'll work out fine once we get used to it.

Thanks again for kicking all of this into gear in the first place. It really is a substantial improvement!
Clay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-29-03, 03:09 PM   #69
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Yeah I'll leave the initial roundup to one of you guys, I scratched my head for a few minutes
Old 06-29-03, 03:13 PM   #70
The Baron

Quote:
You're exactly right...that is a downside to this new layout. I was also concerned about speed (with a nested table being involved now and all) but the difference (if any) is negligible. I'll keep an eye on the formatting/syntax for the roundups as best I can for a few weeks and adjust as necessary. I think it'll work out fine once we get used to it.
So now, in addition to another news system, we need a Roundup Generator?

Actually wouldn't be too complicated...
Old 06-29-03, 03:18 PM   #71
Clay

Default Excellent Point

Quote:
Originally posted by Quinn1981
I like the round ups, but only mixed in with more important articles with a little commentary in there. That's why I come to nV News for news. I like to read the news posts.
I couldn't agree more. Like Vamp suggests, I want to see us making the traditional news posts for spicy NVIDIA news/reviews, really cool news and anything else that merits commentary.

The roundups really help to make us (as news posters) more efficient. Now I don't feel obligated to regurgitate some trite, overused intro comment before every news item I come across. To be honest, that alone has kept me from bothering to make a post or not. Good or bad, the fact is I usually don't have a heck of lot of time to post each day so the last thing I want to do is to *introduce* the news post. It's more an issue of my wanting to come up with something worth reading for the user, or something funny, interesting, etc...and 9 times out of 10 I just don't have it.

I'm more and more confident that the combination of traditional and roundup styles will be a nice improvement for the site.
Old 06-29-03, 03:28 PM   #72
Clay

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by vampireuk
Yeah I'll leave the initial roundup to one of you guys, I scratched my head for a few minutes
Oh great, a defector! Would Mr. Fibble approve of such behavior? What's really funny is that MUYA starts this whole thing...someone pipes up that it blows...then everybody and their brother storm in crying foul and that the roundup is cooler than the other side of the pillow...then, I butt in and start over-engineering the whole dang thing...so in the end, we're all going to bail and leave MUYA with a more complicated way of doing what he originated in the first place!

Seriously though, MUYA's no slag and he's already created his own template so no worries there. I will try to add to the roundups (as I'm sure MUYA will start 99% of them...earth's rotation and all dontchyaknow) as best I can.