Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-24-09, 09:08 AM   #1
jkw1

Default nVidia Quadro 8 Monitors weird mouse

Folks,

Follow up on previous post about the 8-screen setup. I have access to the box now and am including the xorg.conf file and the output from startx. To recap, I've got an AMD64 dual-core box with two Quadro NVS 440 cards in non-SLI mode. Previously I had this working with 6 monitors under debian, but have upgraded the box to Ubuntu 9.04. I'm using a combined twinview/xinerama solution where the monitors are configured as 4 pairs, and the pairs then arranged in a 2x2 matrix configuration. The configuration is fine except for the one nagging issue of the mouse. When you roll the mouse to the edge of a twinview "pair" of monitors and onto the next, a cursor image "sits" at the last point where you "exited" the current pair, as the mouse continues on into the next screen. If you weren't paying attention, you'd think that the mouse had frozen at the edge of the screen, but in fact the mouse has actually moved into the next screen and is working just fine. When you roll the mouse back into the original screen, the little residual image disappears and the mouse works just fine -- but a residual image is again left in the other screen you just left. After moving the mouse around for a while, you end up with little mouse images sitting somewhere on the edge of the three "inactive" spaces and the actual cursor moving around in whatever screen you're currently in. Hopefully this is clear enough.

Again, this is a clean, completely up-to-date Ubuntu 9.04 install, with the latest nVidia restricted driver (Version 180) installed. I'm attaching a copy of the output from startx as well as the current xorg.conf file. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated -- I can't seem to find anything on google; how the heck do you describe this issue with half a dozen keywords?

thanks,
Jim

PS Please CC any email response to jim.wiggs@gmail.com; the email address I've registered with will be offline for the next week.
Attached Files
File Type: log startx.log (4.3 KB, 92 views)
File Type: log Xorg.0.log (116.1 KB, 83 views)
File Type: gz xorg.conf.gz (809 Bytes, 85 views)
jkw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-09, 11:45 AM   #2
the Goat

Default Re: nVidia Quadro 8 Monitors weird mouse

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...er/+bug/357901
the Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-09, 01:14 PM   #3
jkw1

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Goat View Post
Many thanks! I discovered this bug report as well, about 20 minutes ago:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...80/+bug/363375

It doesn't appear to be actively worked on, though. Is launchpad.net the official location for bug tracking on xorg and the nvidia drivers?

thanks,
Jim
jkw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-09, 01:20 PM   #4
the Goat

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu is the bug tracker for. . . wait for it. . . ubuntu.
the Goat is offline   Reply With Quote