Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-03-10, 12:56 PM   #541
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: Risen

Starting out can be very hard. I think you doge holding block and an arrow key? You can only block animal attacks with the shield, so lets hope you don't need that to dodge as well.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 11:02 AM   #542
nomec

I am getting confused by this game! I just got into Harbour Town and fought those 2 guys at the beginning. Now I basically am running around taking quests from everyone I can talk to. Is this smart? It seems as though there are two ways to finish most quests based on who you want to help. Is this going to have any effect on which alignment I choose or whatever? I am not even sure which quests I need to finish now, and which ones are considered "main" quests or not.
Old 03-08-10, 11:56 AM   #543
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomec View Post
I am getting confused by this game! I just got into Harbour Town and fought those 2 guys at the beginning. Now I basically am running around taking quests from everyone I can talk to. Is this smart? It seems as though there are two ways to finish most quests based on who you want to help. Is this going to have any effect on which alignment I choose or whatever? I am not even sure which quests I need to finish now, and which ones are considered "main" quests or not.
If you help the bandits you end up having to join them... if you help the Order, you end up with them.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 02:25 PM   #544
nomec

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
If you help the bandits you end up having to join them... if you help the Order, you end up with them.
I don't even know which guy is a bandit I am just doing all the quests. Dammit, maybe I screwed something up now. The Order guys seem like a dick. How do I follow the Don guy? What is his alignment? Man I should stop playing this game stoned.
Old 03-08-10, 03:29 PM   #545
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
I don't even know which guy is a bandit I am just doing all the quests. Dammit, maybe I screwed something up now. The Order guys seem like a dick. How do I follow the Don guy? What is his alignment? Man I should stop playing this game stoned.
Hahaha...

The Order are the guards, it's pretty easy to see who they are. Also, in general, anything pro-law puts you with them, anti-law against them.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-10, 01:55 AM   #546
K007

the only patch out for risen is just a fix for gf6/7 cards???...so game is polished?
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-10, 02:16 AM   #547
crainger

Reasonably. In terms of crashes is very well polished and performance is great. Gameplay needs a few tweaks.

It's banned in AU though. :: I imported, but you might be able to get some one to gift it to you.
Old 03-09-10, 02:40 AM   #548
K007

can u give me the link where u got it from?
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-10, 04:42 AM   #549
crainger

www.playasia.com

I got the US version, Asian is way cheaper and meant to be English, but wasn't instock when I ordered. Postage is reasonable. I recommend Googling for some play-asia coupons too. Can help save a few bucks.
Old 03-09-10, 08:27 AM   #550
nomec

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Hahaha...

The Order are the guards, it's pretty easy to see who they are. Also, in general, anything pro-law puts you with them, anti-law against them.
Yeah I kind of figured it out. I am not a fan of the Inquisition and I did 4/4 quests for the Don once I re-read some of the dialogue to figure out which quests were for which alignment. I now have the quest to go to the Don's camp, so I guess I am headed out of Harbour Town now. I really have no clue how to spec my guy as I only have added +10 str and +1 lockpicking/pickpocketing for now. Debating between swords and axes but I haven't even seen an axe yet.
Old 03-09-10, 11:34 AM   #551
CaptNKILL
CUBE

Quote:
Yeah I kind of figured it out. I am not a fan of the Inquisition and I did 4/4 quests for the Don once I re-read some of the dialogue to figure out which quests were for which alignment. I now have the quest to go to the Don's camp, so I guess I am headed out of Harbour Town now. I really have no clue how to spec my guy as I only have added +10 str and +1 lockpicking/pickpocketing for now. Debating between swords and axes but I haven't even seen an axe yet.
Axes do a lot of damage early on, but I went with swords. Once you get your sword skill high enough you can swing a two handed sword with one hand. This is obviously freaking awesome.

I rarely used any weapons that required two hands because they're much slower and you won't be able to block attacks from creatures without a shield. Most of the decent axes are two handed, so you won't be using a shield with them. In some cases they're awesome because they just do SO much damage when you wind up and connect with a power attack but you'll take a lot less damage in combat with a sword and shield.
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
CaptNKILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-10, 12:34 PM   #552
nomec

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL View Post
Axes do a lot of damage early on, but I went with swords. Once you get your sword skill high enough you can swing a two handed sword with one hand. This is obviously freaking awesome.

I rarely used any weapons that required two hands because they're much slower and you won't be able to block attacks from creatures without a shield. Most of the decent axes are two handed, so you won't be using a shield with them. In some cases they're awesome because they just do SO much damage when you wind up and connect with a power attack but you'll take a lot less damage in combat with a sword and shield.
Yeah, I was leaning towards sword/shield as it is, so I guess I'll just run with it.