Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-02-09, 02:25 PM   #73
Odral
True Gamer

Default Re: Risen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangSVT View Post
From one of the forum reviews I read, they said AA doesn't work with ATI or nVIDIA cards that they tried (GTX 280 and HD 4670).
Read this on another forum and for those with ATI try changing the exe to ghost_w32.exe. It should work
Odral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-09, 02:37 PM   #74
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

What the hell is ghost_w32.exe from?
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-09, 02:42 PM   #75
agentkay

Ghostbusters

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-09, 02:51 PM   #76
Lfctony

Reviews vary from crap to shAite... Meh...
Fafnir: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600@3.2Ghz|eVGA 780i SLI|PNY GTX480 |Kingston DDR667 4096MB|WD Black Caviar 500GB|Seagate SATA 250GB|Seagate SATA 200GB| Seagate SATA 160GB|OptiArc AD-7173S DVDRW|Nec 3351 DVDRW|Creative X-FI XM|LG Flatron W2261V|Logitech X-530|Thermaltake Armor|Amptac 850W SLI PSU|Logitech G9 Mouse|Xigmatek HDT S-1283 CPU Cooler|Windows 7/FW 257.21

PS2 - Wii - Xbox - Xbox360 - PSP - GC - PS3 Owner

Boycott Starforce...

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
Lfctony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-09, 03:04 PM   #77
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentkay View Post
Ghostbusters
Ah... makes sense. I was hoping it was Ghost Recon AW and there was now a way to force AA on that thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lfctony View Post
Umm, there are several very positive reviews for it... also, I doubt this is a game mass market reviewers would give great scores to.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 10-02-09, 03:06 PM   #78
MaXThReAT
GTX to the MaX

I'm all for games like this but I don't know how many times I've washed up on the beach. What is this, a woman. She stands up, after laying on the beach for who knows how long, strikes a pose and puts her hand on her hip. Her hand proceeds to pass through her hip coming to rest somewhere inside her liver. With the animation only a two year old could enjoy and looking like she just stepped out of the makeup room she asks me to find a stick. I find a pack of wild birds that peck my eyes out and chase me into the sea where I am eaten by a giant sea monster. Game over. Too much like AOC, don't like the combat, graphics are meh. Not to mention |MaguS| likes it, it must be bad. I'll pass.
SB X-Fi FPS / Z-5500 + Buttkicker!
"Don't mind the posts, I've been around longer than most know."
MaXThReAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-09, 03:07 PM   #79
Vanzagar
Bring me Amberlamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arioch View Post
Heh, I just re-installed Gothic 3 and it runs a lot better with my updated system and the latest community patch so far. Man, I love how immersive it is in 3-D.
3-D , explain? Can you tell us what gear/glasses you are using...
Vanzagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-09, 03:07 PM   #80
Arioch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lfctony View Post
Those are probably the 360 versions. I saw two different ones that gave it a 4/10 and a 5/10. Someone else did the porting of the 360 version. Most of the complaints center around the crappy console controls and framerates. The PC reviews have been pretty good so far actually.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-02-09, 03:07 PM   #81
Arioch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanzagar View Post
3-D , explain? Can you tell us what gear/glasses you are using...
I am using the Geforce 3D Vision kit.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-09, 03:09 PM   #82
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Those are probably the 360 versions. I saw two different ones that gave it a 4/10 and a 5/10. Someone else did the porting of the 360 version. Most of the complaints center around the crappy console controls and framerates. The PC reviews have been pretty good so far actually.
All reviews should be for the PC game, since the 360 game doesn't release for 6 more months.

Old 10-02-09, 03:13 PM   #83
Vanzagar
Bring me Amberlamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL View Post
Err... ok. I just tried to play this and after fighting two enemies and running through the woods a bit I could no longer enter combat mode. The button just stopped working entirely. I bound it to another button and it still didn't work.

I can already tell this was made by the guys that made Gothic...

Other than that it seemed decent for the 10 minutes that I got to play. The interface actually seems like it was designed by someone who's used a computer before, which is a nice improvement. The graphics are pretty nice and the performance is decent. The background sounds cut out when they loop though which is pretty distracting.

I'll give it another shot. I just thought I'd report that I encountered a game breaking bug within 10 minutes of installing the demo.

EDIT: Sorry for the sarcasm. In all honesty, this already seems like a much more accessible game than Gothic 1 and 2. This is an easy bug to fix, its just kind of sad that something like this could happen at all.

EDIT2: Just loaded it up again and reloaded my save. Got killed by a bird. The combat seems a little off to me, like the enemies can do a lot of things that the player can't and they move much faster than your character.
Reloaded my game and the rain effects disappeared and these little water splash sprites started flickering and bouncing around the scene.

Maybe I'll try playing this some time when I'm in the mood to deal with glitches...
Killed by a bird?? damn that's annoying cause I play fantasy RPG's in a way that when I die my game ends... have to start over... so I play vary cautiously and load up on defensive abilities at first... I hate the restart load game constantly on a "Role" playing game - so much for immersion... just my 2 cents...
Old 10-02-09, 03:16 PM   #84
Vanzagar
Bring me Amberlamps

Quote:
I am using the Geforce 3D Vision kit.
Thanks Arioch, looks like it requires a 120Hz monitor, think its worth selling my current 26" and buying a 120hz?... is it really good?

Do you get headaches or does it bother your eyes?