Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-11-09, 11:23 AM   #145
Destroy
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,994
Default Re: Official Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising Thread

Well good then, everyone agrees the graphics in Crysis are still the best.
__________________

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-09, 11:27 AM   #146
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,948
Default Re: Official Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentkay View Post
My Arma2 looks pretty much just like Jonelos shots (everything on VeryHigh), minus the amount of AA. There is no contest, Arma clearly wins in the graphics department. Of course if you compare it with medium or low texture settings it might look worse than a maxed out OFP2. Performance wise its no contest though, OFP2 is clearly better but there is a reason why and its quite obvious.
These ARMA II shots were on very high, I have a screenshot of my settings.

http://nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost...&postcount=136
__________________
i7-2600k @ 4.6Ghz, Zotac GTX 680 (1310/7000), 16GB DDR3 1600, 2 x 1TB Samsung F3 RAID 0, Windows 7 x64, CPU and GPU custom watercooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-09, 12:01 PM   #147
ATi
RooR
 
ATi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,500
Default Re: Official Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
These ARMA II shots were on very high, I have a screenshot of my settings.

http://nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost...&postcount=136
lol 6 FPS god I hope they patch it up! so I can enjoy arma2
__________________
Intel Core i5-2500K @4.3
ASUS P8P67 (REV 3.0)
msi GTX295
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 2 x 4GB 1648
HD1.5tb
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
corsair620HX
Windows7 64 home premium
Dell LED G2210
ATi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-09, 03:32 PM   #148
Bush0
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 32
Default Re: Official Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising Thread

DR is not even close to ArmA2 in terms of graphics and scale.
  • ArmA2 have very high resolution textures. DR have very low resolution textures, most of them are worse than ArmA1.
  • ArmA2 have very high polycount on its models an is actually modeled very close to the realworld objects. DR have quite lowpoly models and they are not very accurate to the real world.
  • ArmA2 have very good DOF and motionblur which is much better than those in DR.
  • ArmA2 have much more realistic lighting.
  • ArmA2 have "Hemispherical lighting" which effects how objects "receive" lighting from the gameworld, like blue sky and green ground "transmits" to the objects. DR does not have this feature.
  • ArmA2 uses a lot of parallax mapping, DR does not have this feature.
  • ArmA2 uses a lot of bump and normal mapping, cant really see that DR uses this very much at all.
  • ArmA2's vegetation like trees, bushes, grass is very detailed. DR is a joke compared to that.
  • ArmA2 have more weather types, like rain and storms. DR does not have rain.
  • ArmA2 have much more realistic animations for the soldiers. DR's animations are stiff and unrealistic but the reloading animation are better than ArmA2.
  • ArmA2's game world is very detailed with over 850.000 vegetation objects. DR's Skira probably has only 1/10 of that.
  • ArmA2 have animals and civilians. DR does not.
  • ArmA2 supports more than the double amount of players compared to DR. DR supports only 32.
  • ArmA2 supports more than a 1000 AIs. DR only supports 63 entities which includes players, AI and vehicles.
  • ArmA2 supports unlimited playable area in multiplayer. DR only supports 4 Km˛ in PvP.
  • I'm sure that i forget something but this should be enough to prove my point.









These screenshots are rendered at 2400x1350, displayed at 1920x1080 and then resized to 1280x720. You can see the framerate in the top left corner.

These are the settings I used:
__________________
| Corsair Obsidian 700D + Corsair HX520 | ASUS Crosshair IV Formula | AMD Phenom II X6 1055T@3.5GHz | Corsair XMS3 4GB | HD4890+AC-S1 + 8800GTS-512MB+AC-S1(PhysX) | 2*Samsung F1 1TB + Samsung 500GB | Windows7x64 pro | SAMSUNG 40M86@1080p + Sanyo PLV-Z700@1080p |
Bush0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-09, 04:48 PM   #149
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,948
Default Re: Official Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising Thread



Looks like garbage, whats up with the trees looking like smeared puke?? And the leaves on the top left?? LMAO.
__________________
i7-2600k @ 4.6Ghz, Zotac GTX 680 (1310/7000), 16GB DDR3 1600, 2 x 1TB Samsung F3 RAID 0, Windows 7 x64, CPU and GPU custom watercooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-09, 04:55 PM   #150
|MaguS|
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Official Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bush0 View Post
DR is not even close to ArmA2 in terms of graphics and scale.
  • ArmA2 have very high resolution textures. DR have very low resolution textures, most of them are worse than ArmA1.
  • ArmA2 have very high polycount on its models an is actually modeled very close to the realworld objects. DR have quite lowpoly models and they are not very accurate to the real world.
  • ArmA2 have very good DOF and motionblur which is much better than those in DR.
  • ArmA2 have much more realistic lighting.
  • ArmA2 have "Hemispherical lighting" which effects how objects "receive" lighting from the gameworld, like blue sky and green ground "transmits" to the objects. DR does not have this feature.
  • ArmA2 uses a lot of parallax mapping, DR does not have this feature.
  • ArmA2 uses a lot of bump and normal mapping, cant really see that DR uses this very much at all.
  • ArmA2's vegetation like trees, bushes, grass is very detailed. DR is a joke compared to that.
  • ArmA2 have more weather types, like rain and storms. DR does not have rain.
  • ArmA2 have much more realistic animations for the soldiers. DR's animations are stiff and unrealistic but the reloading animation are better than ArmA2.
  • ArmA2's game world is very detailed with over 850.000 vegetation objects. DR's Skira probably has only 1/10 of that.
  • ArmA2 have animals and civilians. DR does not.
  • ArmA2 supports more than the double amount of players compared to DR. DR supports only 32.
  • ArmA2 supports more than a 1000 AIs. DR only supports 63 entities which includes players, AI and vehicles.
  • ArmA2 supports unlimited playable area in multiplayer. DR only supports 4 Km˛ in PvP.
  • I'm sure that i forget something but this should be enough to prove my point.









These screenshots are rendered at 2400x1350, displayed at 1920x1080 and then resized to 1280x720. You can see the framerate in the top left corner.

These are the settings I used:
I still thinking Dragon Rising looks better because it gives off a better mood. You can have all the nice little tricks and effects but if the game looks boring it doesn't look good to me. Unlike Janelo and you, I don't stare at walls or the ground while I play... The world in Arma 2 looks artificial.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-09, 05:52 PM   #151
Bush0
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 32
Default Re: Official Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
I still thinking Dragon Rising looks better because it gives off a better mood. You can have all the nice little tricks and effects but if the game looks boring it doesn't look good to me. Unlike Janelo and you, I don't stare at walls or the ground while I play... The world in Arma 2 looks artificial.
I cant understand how anyone would think that DR looks less artificial than ArmA2.

DR vs ArmA2 screenshots:

M1A2 and LAV-25:





Gravel road:





Paved Road:





Inside building:





Airtower:


__________________
| Corsair Obsidian 700D + Corsair HX520 | ASUS Crosshair IV Formula | AMD Phenom II X6 1055T@3.5GHz | Corsair XMS3 4GB | HD4890+AC-S1 + 8800GTS-512MB+AC-S1(PhysX) | 2*Samsung F1 1TB + Samsung 500GB | Windows7x64 pro | SAMSUNG 40M86@1080p + Sanyo PLV-Z700@1080p |
Bush0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-09, 06:15 PM   #152
|MaguS|
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Official Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising Thread

It's the way they light the world. The players model looks too stand out from the rest of the world. Heck the building pics are a perfect example. Yes the textures are better in Arma 2 but those better textures hurt it. It looks too perfect and the world is too sharp.
  Reply With Quote

Old 10-11-09, 06:38 PM   #153
JohnDio
Registered User
 
JohnDio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,026
Default Re: Official Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising Thread

So you want... worse textures? . The opposite of what we are demanding all these years, which is also the main reason we are using all those high-res texture packs? Oh come oooooooooooon now.

I really can't understand why some of you can't admit that ArmA2 looks better. Well it does, deal with it
JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-09, 07:25 PM   #154
Jonelo
Registered User
 
Jonelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,204
Default Re: Official Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
These are actual in-game screenshots I just took, not some fake "here's what you are gonna get when you buy the game" developer provided screenshots of ARMA II. Seriously, that looks like crap. I love the half feet (third shot), low res textures and puke trees (last shot). Outstanding looking!! This is with the latest patch too. OFP 2 blows this away in looks and performance. Its not even close.
My screens do not have a single mod. Are of the vanilla game.The difference is that you as a kid, go and take the worst possible screens of Arma 2 to opposite agains your better screens of OFDS. So .. These are your best screens of OFPDR ?






Oposite to this ?

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...&postcount=120

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...&postcount=124

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...&postcount=125

But well , certainly I dont have many screens of perpetual sunrises , evening or dusks when you dont see anything .
Jonelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-09, 07:34 PM   #155
|MaguS|
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Official Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDio View Post
So you want... worse textures? . The opposite of what we are demanding all these years, which is also the main reason we are using all those high-res texture packs? Oh come oooooooooooon now.

I really can't understand why some of you can't admit that ArmA2 looks better. Well it does, deal with it
Not worse textures but rather the game not look artificial. You know when something looks too flawless the flaws stick out far better. In a way I prefer a softer image since it looks more natural at times.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-09, 08:03 PM   #156
MustangSVT
Stop looking at me
 
MustangSVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,602
Default Re: Official Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising Thread

I saw OFP Dragon Rising at a friend's house and was not impressed. The environment and the graphics look very bland. Maybe that's more realistic, but the game looked boring and the graphics certainly didn't seem better than ArmA 2 at all.
__________________
1. Q6600 @ 3.2, ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo, Powercolor HD 4890 CrossFire, 4GB Mushkin DDR2-1066, 3x 24" LCD, Matrox TripleHead2Go, Audigy 2 ZS

2. Q9550 @ 3.7, ASUS P5K, Galaxy 8800GT G92, 2GB Mushkin DDR2-1066, Samsung 710N + Samsung 205BW, Audigy 2 + SB Live! 5.1 (hooked up together, really), dad's comp

3. XP-M 2500+ @ 205x11.5, Gigabyte nForce2-400, GeForce4 Ti4200, 2x512MB OCZ DDR-400 "Premier", oldie
MustangSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2014, nV News.