Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-11-09, 02:41 PM   #25
Starscream
Decepticook

Default Re: Just got a Wii

What I love about console fanboys these days is that if you say a machine has a lackluster lineup of games that automatically makes you a fanboy of one of the other systems.

For example

"The Wii has a crappy lineup of titles."
"ZOMG PS3 FANBOIIIIII!"
"PC LOVER CONSOLE HATER!!!!1111"
etc.

On several occasions I have almost purchased a Wii. There are several titles that interest me, but once you get beyond the handful of AAA titles the rest of the lineup is crap. Chicken shoot anyone? uhoh now I'm obviously a ps3 lover (I don't own one btw).
Old 10-11-09, 05:28 PM   #26
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
What I love about console fanboys these days is that if you say a machine has a lackluster lineup of games that automatically makes you a fanboy of one of the other systems.

For example

"The Wii has a crappy lineup of titles."
"ZOMG PS3 FANBOIIIIII!"
"PC LOVER CONSOLE HATER!!!!1111"
etc.

On several occasions I have almost purchased a Wii. There are several titles that interest me, but once you get beyond the handful of AAA titles the rest of the lineup is crap. Chicken shoot anyone? uhoh now I'm obviously a ps3 lover (I don't own one btw).
PC ELEETaST DIK!@#!
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-09, 05:45 PM   #27
Ninja Prime

You guys sure did a lot defensive arguing while I was gone, can't imagine why someone would protest so much at something so irrelevant...
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-09, 08:48 PM   #28
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
You guys sure did a lot defensive arguing while I was gone, can't imagine why someone would protest so much at something so irrelevant...
That pretty much sums up my entire line of thought about you existing on these forums.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-09, 10:26 PM   #29
Starscream
Decepticook

I was just at a friends place tonight and played some Mario Party Wii game for a while with him and his wife. Quite some time ago I got him to buy the component cables for the machine and set up the tv and Wii so it's in wide-screen when possible. All of the stuff he has for the system seems to either run in wide-screen or 4:3.

This game however though works in wide-screen in all of the menus, stage select screen, etc but the actual game only displayed in 4:3.

Is this a common thing on the Wii???
Old 10-11-09, 10:29 PM   #30
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
I was just at a friends place tonight and played some Mario Party Wii game for a while with him and his wife. Quite some time ago I got him to buy the component cables for the machine and set up the tv and Wii so it's in wide-screen when possible. All of the stuff he has for the system seems to either run in wide-screen or 4:3.

This game however though works in wide-screen in all of the menus, stage select screen, etc but the actual game only displayed in 4:3.

Is this a common thing on the Wii???
When I owned one it was pretty common... the Wii menu and game menus were often widescreen, but the gameplay was 4:3. Warioware did this I know.

It all kind of depends... there are no standards or requirements on the Wii that I know of.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 10-11-09, 10:29 PM   #31
|MaguS|

Yeah most Wii games are 4:3. System is so backwards, nintendo literally took a technical step back and their fans love them for it.
Old 10-12-09, 04:45 AM   #32
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Yeah most Wii games are 4:3. System is so backwards, nintendo literally took a technical step back and their fans love them for it.
Probably because they like fun, not specs. If you get a boner for "zomg cell chip no one can program for!!!1111oneone" then probably you want something with big numbers that impress you.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-12-09, 05:50 AM   #33
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Probably because they like fun, not specs. If you get a boner for "zomg cell chip no one can program for!!!1111oneone" then probably you want something with big numbers that impress you.
Oh god, the "fun" arguement.

Fun is subjective... different from person to person. Fun for me is immersion into the game world, and graphics help a lot with that.

Old 10-12-09, 08:50 AM   #34
|MaguS|

Quote:
So your saying that any game in 16:9 aspect ratio is not fun? Nintendo went from supporting widescreen displays great on the gamecube to not even trying with the Wii. Im not even comparing it to another platform you retard.

You act like everyone else is a fanboy yet you can't even discuss the platform on its own merits without bringing up another platform.

The games I play on the Wii mainly are rail shooters because they are the only thing that is fun on the system and is not available on any other platforms.
Old 10-12-09, 11:53 AM   #35
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Oh god, the "fun" arguement.

Fun is subjective... different from person to person. Fun for me is immersion into the game world, and graphics help a lot with that.
well your an moran. fun is win u wave teh ****roler arond and plai gaems dat rnt berry gud but u liek dem jst cuz da C-reeze hs bean out 4 a wile.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-09, 01:33 PM   #36
Lfctony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
well your an moran. fun is win u wave teh ****roler arond and plai gaems dat rnt berry gud but u liek dem jst cuz da C-reeze hs bean out 4 a wile.
You just gave me a headache...
Fafnir: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600@3.2Ghz|eVGA 780i SLI|PNY GTX480 |Kingston DDR667 4096MB|WD Black Caviar 500GB|Seagate SATA 250GB|Seagate SATA 200GB| Seagate SATA 160GB|OptiArc AD-7173S DVDRW|Nec 3351 DVDRW|Creative X-FI XM|LG Flatron W2261V|Logitech X-530|Thermaltake Armor|Amptac 850W SLI PSU|Logitech G9 Mouse|Xigmatek HDT S-1283 CPU Cooler|Windows 7/FW 257.21

PS2 - Wii - Xbox - Xbox360 - PSP - GC - PS3 Owner

Boycott Starforce...

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
Lfctony is offline   Reply With Quote