Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-13-09, 07:34 PM   #49
Ninja Prime

Default Re: Just got a Wii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
How is me hating the Wii me being a fanboy? I don't hate the 360 or PC. Maybe I just like good games. *GASP* NO WAY!!! Heaven forbid people play games they like and make a reply in a thread about a system they don't like that doesn't say anything bad at all, only to have some queer come in here and proclaim this place having too many fanboys, then once everybody proclaims their hatred for said queer, he then claims everybody got defensive way too fast. So then the queer, lets just call him NP, thinks he has won. But oh wait, NP was too quick to judge and he was in fact the defensive one.

Seriously, there weren't any bad posts in this thread until you showed up, so way to ruin a thread.
You know when someone brings out 1980's words like queer, they've lost.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-09, 07:56 PM   #50
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
You know when someone brings out 1980's words like queer, they've lost.
You probably weren't even around in the 80s.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-09, 10:40 PM   #51
|MaguS|

Quote:
See, this is why you are fanboys. Guy makes thread asking about what games to get for his sister for the wii. Fanboys respond with "I dont like it, games arent good, whine, fanboyism, complain."

Instead, you should either A: Shut the fork up if you have nothing to respond with in relation to what he asked, or B: Respond with games. Pretty easy... for non-fanboys.
My first post in this thread about about a game I LIKED on the console. There is a reason that most people are not agreeing with you... because you are wrong.
Old 10-13-09, 11:04 PM   #52
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Yea, the thread seems to have gone a different route than I thought it would....

Just to keep you guys updated I used the Toysrus B2G1 deal and got Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart( she loved the MK64 and really wanted this one ) and Metroid Trilogy for me.

Some more questions for you guys. Should I get the classic controller or a used GC controller? Should I buy component cables, if so which ones are recommended? TV in her room is a 720p LCD screen so 480i looks a bit rough sometimes. Especially for me who's used to playing in HD.

60gb PS3 Owner
PSNid: Marvel_us
Marvel_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-09, 01:25 AM   #53
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel_us View Post
Yea, the thread seems to have gone a different route than I thought it would....

Just to keep you guys updated I used the Toysrus B2G1 deal and got Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart( she loved the MK64 and really wanted this one ) and Metroid Trilogy for me.

Some more questions for you guys. Should I get the classic controller or a used GC controller? Should I buy component cables, if so which ones are recommended? TV in her room is a 720p LCD screen so 480i looks a bit rough sometimes. Especially for me who's used to playing in HD.
Get the classic controller, GC controller isn't supported for a lot of stuff I've found. As for cables, doesnt really matter, any brand works just fine.
Old 10-14-09, 04:33 AM   #54
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

I would get the Gamecube controller... works with all the Virtual Console games, all the Gamecube games require it and most Wii games that allow a controller will allow either one.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-09, 08:03 AM   #55
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
I would get the Gamecube controller... works with all the Virtual Console games, all the Gamecube games require it and most Wii games that allow a controller will allow either one.
+1

Only thing the classic controller can be used for is VC games from the Wii Store. GC games and VC games can be played with the GC controller.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-09, 02:29 PM   #56
Ninja Prime

Quote:
I don't think thats true, I have a bunch of VC games that dont work with the cube controller and its irritating.

Old 10-14-09, 03:49 PM   #57
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
I don't think thats true, I have a bunch of VC games that dont work with the cube controller and its irritating.
Pretty sure they all do, or were supposed to. They all did when I had a Wii.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-09, 04:53 PM   #58
ViN86

Quote:
Pretty sure they all do, or were supposed to. They all did when I had a Wii.
They are all supposed to. I said GC controller because it should work with all VC games, whereas the classic controller doesn't work with GC games.
Old 10-14-09, 05:21 PM   #59
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
They are all supposed to. I said GC controller because it should work with all VC games, whereas the classic controller doesn't work with GC games.
Bunch of stuff I have doesnt work with it, kinda sucks, always have to use batteries, would be nice to have a hardwired controller. I dont know why they didnt make it so you could just plug in the classic controller.
Old 10-14-09, 06:08 PM   #60
ViN86

Quote:
Bunch of stuff I have doesnt work with it, kinda sucks, always have to use batteries, would be nice to have a hardwired controller. I dont know why they didnt make it so you could just plug in the classic controller.
That's weird. Have you updated your firmware lately? Every forum I have read says GC controllers should work with all VC games.

EDIT:

Check out the Control section:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Console#Control