Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Rumor Mill

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-16-09, 04:32 PM   #25
Heinz68

Default Re: No More GPU"S From Partners?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LydianKnight View Post
It's like one of those news site said... the first half of this DX11 round is owned by ATI without any doubt, next turn looks like it could be for NVIDIA, so all in all, doesn't look that bad, except for the fact those waiting for GT300-derivatives will have to wait until H1 2010, not good, but if you're going for the high-end part, you're placed at Q4 2009, and that's just like 45-60 days from now on... so far so good

Just my 2 cents :P

Julio
Any more info about the "45-60 days from now on"

Looks to me you mean what AnandTech said, but there isn't any 45-60 days info in that article:
Quote:
AMD wins the first half of the DX11 race, the second half will be a bit more challenging.

While NVIDIA won’t publicly admit defeat, AMD clearly won this round. Obviously it makes sense to ramp down the old product in expectation of Fermi, but I don’t see Fermi with any real availability this year. We may see a launch with performance data in 2009, but I’d expect availability in 2010.
Most other sites predict just about the same. Maybe paper launch this year but real availability Q1 2010, the maistream and entry level Fermi first half 2010

Anything official what NVIDIA said?

------------------------------------------------------------
Core i7 980X EE @ 4316 MHz 1.35V - Corsair Hydro Series H50
ASUS Rampage II Extreme - Corsair Dominator 1600MHz 12GB Triple-Channel
Sapphire HD 6990 - ATI TV Wonder 650 PCIe
Intel X25-M 160GB 34nm G2 SSD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB 32mb
Cosmos S Case - Corsair HX1000W PSU
Pioner Blu-ray Burner 6X BD-R - Westinghouse LVM-37w3, 37inch 1080p
Logitech G25 Racing Wheel - Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2
Sennheiser RS 180 - Windows 7 64-bit Pro
Heinz68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-09, 05:24 PM   #26
mullet

I think Charlie from FUD should be under criminal charges for false claims and possibly effecting Nvidia's stock price.
Old 10-16-09, 07:45 PM   #27
Muppet

Maybe the reason the 200 series is going EOL is because they are getting ready for the release of the 300 series. Makes sense really. Why would you want stock of the old product at a cheap price when the next big thing arrives. The average Jo will only see $ signs and not want to spend on the 300 series. Makes perfect sense to me.
Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition | Intel 4930k | SS Phasechange | 16GB Corsair Platinum DDR3 1866 | Asus GTX680 x2 SLI | Corsair AX1200 Watt PSU | Lian-Li PC-8NWX | Intel 520 120Gb SSD x2 | Samsung S27A950D 27" 120Hz | HP ZR24w 24" S-IPS x3 Nvidia Surround @6000x1200 | Xonar Essence STX
Muppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-09, 11:28 PM   #28
josiahsuarez

performance data will be good to see at least, even if its a paper launch
josiahsuarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-09, 12:14 AM   #29
Muppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by josiahsuarez View Post
performance data will be good to see at least, even if its a paper launch
Absolutely. I really wish Nvidia wasn't so quiet on this one.
Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition | Intel 4930k | SS Phasechange | 16GB Corsair Platinum DDR3 1866 | Asus GTX680 x2 SLI | Corsair AX1200 Watt PSU | Lian-Li PC-8NWX | Intel 520 120Gb SSD x2 | Samsung S27A950D 27" 120Hz | HP ZR24w 24" S-IPS x3 Nvidia Surround @6000x1200 | Xonar Essence STX
Muppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-09, 03:35 AM   #30
LydianKnight
Registered Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinz68 View Post
Any more info about the "45-60 days from now on"

Looks to me you mean what AnandTech said, but there isn't any 45-60 days info in that article:

Most other sites predict just about the same. Maybe paper launch this year but real availability Q1 2010, the maistream and entry level Fermi first half 2010

Anything official what NVIDIA said?
A paper launch doesn't seem like a logical step for them in regards of these two news:

- NVIDIA is setting EOL for their GTX series
- Partners are already ordering huge quantities of Fermi

Of course, all of this is to be taken with a massive grain of salt, but still... if NVIDIA is really freeing their TSMC production line for Fermi products, I wouldn't say they're going to make a paper launch but a real one on the high-end.

We'll see in the end :P
LydianKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-09, 11:07 AM   #31
Heinz68

Quote:
A paper launch doesn't seem like a logical step for them in regards of these two news:

- NVIDIA is setting EOL for their GTX series
- Partners are already ordering huge quantities of Fermi

Of course, all of this is to be taken with a massive grain of salt, but still... if NVIDIA is really freeing their TSMC production line for Fermi products, I wouldn't say they're going to make a paper launch but a real one on the high-end.

Partners ordering HUGE quantities of Fermi is Fud news (Fudzilla), there isn't any product yet.
Since NVIDIA is late with the Fermi, there is most likely going to be paper launch to slow down the HD 58** sales, provided the Fermi is as awesome as the rumors are. Nvidia can provide few Fermi engineering samples much sooner than the product on the shelves.

You still didn't answer the question question, from where you have the info about the Fermi being on the market in 45-60 days.

Old 10-17-09, 11:46 AM   #32
LydianKnight
Registered Knight

It was quick (and naive) maths, was calculating a late/very late Q4 2009 launch, so let's say it's (hypothetically) end-november/middle-december, that's around 45/60 days from here.

That's where my numbers come from, but they're naively made :P

About the product... no, we can't be sure it's just plain FUD. Remember in the (supposed) presentation of the Fermi card, it was a fake, as the real board didn't existed in an aesthetical way but a bunch of wires and not something very cute to the public eye (if we take the explanation as true, of course...), so that put them with an A1 silicon.

Maybe NVIDIA is going risky with the A1 silicon in the open (bad move in my opinion, unless that A1 silicon is quite well-made from the beginning, which is not the usual, but... we're not sure), but I repeat... maybe, I'm not stating that as an absolute truth, it's just some mental guessing, no more.

Another fact is the GT200 production line EOL... if you go to the Beyond3D forums, there's a quite nice explanation, they're not going to drop the prices on current GT200 generation because it would be pointless from a business perspective, AND they have to introduce Fermi at a huge scale for them to compensate for this time where ATI is enjoying a wide sales margin, not forgetting they almost have all of their 5xxx generation cards out on the market (just missing... Hemlock, right?).

We can't just base ourselves on traditional market practices and market flow... remember ATI has an advantage and NVIDIA has to compensate it in an aggresive way...

This is just pure speculation, I admit it... but it doesn't sound that ilogical... think about it for a moment... I'm not talking about the mid-end or derivatives, that won't be out this year, that for sure (and I'd bet my own life into that, feel free to shoot me if I'm wrong in the end ^^), just the high-end part...

Of course, even in the case I'm right with my mental guessing and NVIDIA puts Fermi out on late/very late Q4 2009 we could be facing long waits due to high demand (or not, who knows...) from distributors/pre-ordering/you name it...

As a conclusion... there's not enough data for us to make any solid assumption about when Fermi will be out... between all the FUD and Charlie's doing, we can't be sure about who is right at the time of spreading news...

I'll stick for now with my guessed date... with the current data it's not ilogical to figure it, I can be wrong, or maybe not.. and as I always say...

Old 10-17-09, 12:45 PM   #33
Heinz68

Quote:
It was quick (and naive) maths, was calculating a late/very late Q4 2009 launch, so let's say it's (hypothetically) end-november/middle-december, that's around 45/60 days from here.

That's where my numbers come from, but they're naively made :P

About the product... no, we can't be sure it's just plain FUD. Remember in the (supposed) presentation of the Fermi card, it was a fake, as the real board didn't existed in an aesthetical way but a bunch of wires and not something very cute to the public eye (if we take the explanation as true, of course...), so that put them with an A1 silicon.

Maybe NVIDIA is going risky with the A1 silicon in the open (bad move in my opinion, unless that A1 silicon is quite well-made from the beginning, which is not the usual, but... we're not sure), but I repeat... maybe, I'm not stating that as an absolute truth, it's just some mental guessing, no more.

Another fact is the GT200 production line EOL... if you go to the Beyond3D forums, there's a quite nice explanation, they're not going to drop the prices on current GT200 generation because it would be pointless from a business perspective, AND they have to introduce Fermi at a huge scale for them to compensate for this time where ATI is enjoying a wide sales margin, not forgetting they almost have all of their 5xxx generation cards out on the market (just missing... Hemlock, right?).

We can't just base ourselves on traditional market practices and market flow... remember ATI has an advantage and NVIDIA has to compensate it in an aggresive way...

This is just pure speculation, I admit it... but it doesn't sound that ilogical... think about it for a moment... I'm not talking about the mid-end or derivatives, that won't be out this year, that for sure (and I'd bet my own life into that, feel free to shoot me if I'm wrong in the end ^^), just the high-end part...

Of course, even in the case I'm right with my mental guessing and NVIDIA puts Fermi out on late/very late Q4 2009 we could be facing long waits due to high demand (or not, who knows...) from distributors/pre-ordering/you name it...

As a conclusion... there's not enough data for us to make any solid assumption about when Fermi will be out... between all the FUD and Charlie's doing, we can't be sure about who is right at the time of spreading news...

I'll stick for now with my guessed date... with the current data it's not ilogical to figure it, I can be wrong, or maybe not.. and as I always say...

I think never before NVIDIA went in the production with A1 silicon. According to Charlie Fermi is being re taped.
I know Charlie can be wrong, but he most likely has better info source than your crystal ball.

Anyway AnandTech doesn't think Fermi is going to be on store shelf this year same goes for Kyle at Hard Forum.

Fudzilla still believes there is Fermi "November launch possible".

I have a hard time to believe somebody who writes such nonsense as "Nvidia wants to hide stuff from AMD, Nvidia's excuse for not showing GT300, Fermi based board is that they want to hide some things from the red green competition."

Old 10-17-09, 12:58 PM   #34
LydianKnight
Registered Knight

That's why I said it's mental guessing, not something coming from any source.

About the Fermi A1 silicon, yes, it would be a bad move from NVIDIA, would make them appear to be more desperate than they actually are to put it out on the market.

But we don't know for sure what's going on, so we'll have to wait
Old 10-17-09, 08:42 PM   #35
Atomizer

Well it is obvious nvidia is being quiet though, the real reason we dont know yet, I am placing my bet on a december release though, as they would want something avaliable for christmass, if they dont make Christmas, then id say late Jan/early Feb
Atomizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-09, 09:52 PM   #36
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullet View Post
I think Charlie from FUD should be under criminal charges for false claims and possibly effecting Nvidia's stock price.
Yeah, shutting him up will show him to post news that actually turns out to be true... right?
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote