Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Networking And Security

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-07-09, 10:58 AM   #13
Albo

Default Re: 2 wireless routers...

Well, now I have run into some complications. I was hoping someone could help.

so I have my internet go through my modem/wireless router (all in one) then, the 3 wires each go to 3 rooms. One in the living room (PS3). One in another room. And one in my room, which used to go to my PC, but now I have but another wireless router in there, and everything works fine. But Now my PS3 doesn't recognize my PC, or any of the devices using the new router. I understand that I now have a different ip then I used to, I used to have 192.168.1.X but now I have 10.0.0.X and so do all the other devices on the new router. But my PS3 is on the 192 default. Is there anyway this could work? Or would I have to be on the original router?

By the way, no rush guys. Take your time.

OMFG WHERE THE **** ARE YOU PIECES OF ****!!!
Albo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-09, 01:08 AM   #14
ultraraze
PIV gamer

You need to configure your new router to act as an access point. You will most likely have plug the cable that comes into your room into 1 of the LAN ports on the new router (but not the WAN port)

Then set the new router so it does not assign IP addresses to your devices. (disable DHCP server) You will also need to assign a static IP address in the 192.168.1.xxx range to the new wireless router.

Some routers simply have a tick box to set it into "access point mode" or something similar.

Look in the directions of your new router for something about "access point" or google your make and model number with some thing like "Configure as Access Point".

Or post some more info about the devices you have, like the make and model # here.

This page gives some quick basics. http://www.home-network-help.com/wir...ess-point.html

good luck
Old 12-03-09, 06:53 PM   #15
Albo

Well, i have run into a problem.
I have it all set up and working. and with my ip and everything (192.168.X.X) but the thing is that the router like shuts down at random moment. It basically just stop junctioning. in the middle of a TF2 game for example, I lagged out, and I alt tabbed and saw that I had no internet connection.

If I unplug my connection without the router directly to the PC, it works fine. But I need wireless.

This happens at random times, and the only way I know how to fix it, is to unplug the router wait 5 seconds, then plug it back in. And its as good as new.

Any idea of what it might be?
Old 12-04-09, 08:53 PM   #16
Albo

Anyone?
Old 12-06-09, 03:01 PM   #17
Redeemed

Defective router? Interfering firewall? That's just off the top of my head and without putting a lot of thought into it.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote