Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-27-09, 11:36 AM   #109
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Official Borderlands Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwillingm View Post
Does this nhancer fix work if the game is run through steam? I cant rename the exe becasue of steam.

How does nhancer work? Is it a program that will always run inthe background?
Yes, it is a program that always runs, but it takes up no real resources. You just set it to unreal engine 3 mode and then force AA, very simple.

I must say though, the game doesn't really need AA and the performance hit it large. I am playing without AA to have 60fps locked with vsynch... with AA forced my framerate bounces around.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-09, 12:03 PM   #110
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Played this game at a friend's house today and the FOV seemed a little narrow. Another thing that bothered me was the lack of any AA and the input lag was pretty huge.

Other than that the game looked pretty good and ran smoothly on a Q6600 + 260GTX. Not really my cup of tea though. Is the game any better in coop?
Old 10-27-09, 12:13 PM   #111
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

downloading the game again, stupid steam
Old 10-27-09, 12:21 PM   #112
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alitayyab View Post
Yep, (4870 1GiG), no problems. Rename Executable to ut3.exe. Force AA via CCC.

The only thing i've turned off is ambient occlusion, the game seems to run fine.
Everything else is either set to "ON" or "High", AF is 16x.
Same here. I am not running AA on mine but I am playing everything else maxed @ 19x12 res. No issues.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-09, 12:21 PM   #113
dwillingm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Yes, it is a program that always runs, but it takes up no real resources. You just set it to unreal engine 3 mode and then force AA, very simple.
Thanks for the info. Will this AA setting be specific for borderlands, or will nhancer force this AA for everything when it is in use?

Is it possible for nvidia to update the profile info for borderlands, making it possible to set AA in the nvidia control panel?
dwillingm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-09, 12:22 PM   #114
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Yeah we had a hard time with the badass skags untill 2 other friends joined in.
Incindiary weapons are ace v/s the skags, especially the big bosses. And if you have Mordecai, Bloodwing comes in quite handy.
Old 10-27-09, 12:23 PM   #115
newparad1gm

Sweet game, been playing with a few of my buddies. Currently working on leveling both my Hunter and Soldier.

Forcing AA through nHancer with a custom Borderlands profile and the Unreal Tournament AA bit works like a charm.

The FOV hack works as well, but the problem is that when you sprint, your view zooms out even further. So its either a zoomed-in normal FOV with a standard FOV on sprint, or a standard FOV normally, and fish-eyed when sprinting.

The one graphical niggle I have with the game is that the LOD line (when the level of detail and textures transitions to lower levels) is very obvious (in my eyes), especially when driving in the elevated 3rd person view. You can see distinctive horizontal lines in the textures.
Intel Core i7 3930K | Asus X79 Sabertooth | 4x4 GB G.Skill RipJaw PC3-12800 | 2x EVGA NVIDIA GTX TITAN Signature 6GB SLI | OCZ Vertex 3 240GB SSD | 2x500 GB Seagate Barracuda RAID 0 | LG BD-ROM | Cyber Acoustics CA3001WB 2.1 Speakers | SeaSonic 1250W PSU | 3x Acer GD235HZ 23.6in 120Hz | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Windows 8 Pro x64 | NVIDIA 3DVision SURROUND

CRIMSON DYNAMO:
Intel Core i7 2600K | Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H | 2x4 GB G.Skill Ripjaw PC3-12800 | XFX AMD R9 290X 4GB | Intel X-25M G2 160GB SSD | 2x250GB RAID 0 | Samsung BD-ROM | ABS SL 1050W PSU | Toshiba 42" REGZA 1080p HDTV | Antec 900 ATX | Windows 8 Pro x64

Sailor Jupiter (HTPC):
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 | ZOTAC Geforce 9300 | 2x2 GB OCZ Fatal1ty PC2-8500 | WD 1TB | Hitachi 2TB External | MediaSonic HFR2-SU3S2 4x3TB Seagate Barracuda RAID 1+0 | LG Blu-Ray/HD DVD-ROM | FSP 150W PSU | Toshiba 42" REGZA 1080p HDTV | Foxconn RS233 mini-ITX | Windows 7 Pro x86
newparad1gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-09, 12:57 PM   #116
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwillingm View Post
Thanks for the info. Will this AA setting be specific for borderlands, or will nhancer force this AA for everything when it is in use?

Is it possible for nvidia to update the profile info for borderlands, making it possible to set AA in the nvidia control panel?
You set every game individually. It is basicly just the nVidia control panel with added options.

They might, but years later I think you still have to rename Bioshock and other UE3 games rather than just force it, am I right? I don't know for sure, I use nHancer.

If you are wary of using nHancer you might be able to rename the exe in the Steam version if you launch the game outside of Steam. Not sure.

Lastly, again, it might not be worth the effort... 4xMSAA costs me 20-30fps and barely looks any different.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 10-27-09, 01:34 PM   #117
kazna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
With regards to the Roid guy, what did you do?
Sticky grenades. I opened up on him with 6 rounds from my assault rifle (this is the main weapon skill I've leveled). When he got close, tossed three sticky grenades on his head. This got him down to about half, but there were a lot of small psychos out. I used a corrosive phase walk to take them all out at once. After this it was just run and gun with SMGs, but my current one was really underpowered (level 10 green iirc).

I think as a hunter with sniper rifles skilled up, you could open up on him with some big crits in the beginning making it a whole lot easier.

Sledge was a complete pushover. Just Phasewalk, melee crit, wait for cooldown to come back up. His shotgun is AMAZING. Level 20 now, finishing up quests in arid badlands and hills before headed on to New Haven.

Such an awesome game. The learning curve is perfect. The FPS aspects are tight as is the driving. The RPG elements will add a ton of replay value and provide a sense of progression and uniqueness to your character. I can't wait to get home from work today.
kazna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-09, 01:46 PM   #118
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazna View Post
Sticky grenades. I opened up on him with 6 rounds from my assault rifle (this is the main weapon skill I've leveled). When he got close, tossed three sticky grenades on his head. This got him down to about half, but there were a lot of small psychos out. I used a corrosive phase walk to take them all out at once. After this it was just run and gun with SMGs, but my current one was really underpowered (level 10 green iirc).

I think as a hunter with sniper rifles skilled up, you could open up on him with some big crits in the beginning making it a whole lot easier.

Sledge was a complete pushover. Just Phasewalk, melee crit, wait for cooldown to come back up. His shotgun is AMAZING. Level 20 now, finishing up quests in arid badlands and hills before headed on to New Haven.

Such an awesome game. The learning curve is perfect. The FPS aspects are tight as is the driving. The RPG elements will add a ton of replay value and provide a sense of progression and uniqueness to your character. I can't wait to get home from work today.
The bonecrusher, or whatever it's called, is an AMAZING rifle. It states it only does about 7 damage per shot (x2) but when you start shooting (short bursts), it shreds through the enemy. I wonder if some guns have incorrectly labelled hit/damage stats because some of the lower-damage items with special abilities do a heck of a lot more damage.

The bonecrusher gun (sp?) also shreds through armor.

I can't wait to finish this game so I can replay it with all the other characters
Old 10-27-09, 01:50 PM   #119
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
The bonecrusher, or whatever it's called, is an AMAZING rifle. It states it only does about 7 damage per shot (x2) but when you start shooting (short bursts), it shreds through the enemy. I wonder if some guns have incorrectly labelled hit/damage stats because some of the lower-damage items with special abilities do a heck of a lot more damage.

The bonecrusher gun (sp?) also shreds through armor.

I can't wait to finish this game so I can replay it with all the other characters
Replay with your same character so you can max out the levels and skills. Oh and saying the name of a gun doesn't help because they are also randomized somewhat...
Old 10-27-09, 02:23 PM   #120
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Some weapons are not randomized and are set... the purple ones I think, not sure, but I know some are... two playthroughs so far and each one I got the bone crusher from that one boss and it was exactly the same both times.

I started over a soldier... I think that class is much better.

Having trouble getting smooth performance with any tweaks (FOV, AA)... seems like it should run smooth but I get little hickups. Not the games fault, I am forcing things on it, but it makes me sad.