Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-29-09, 01:31 AM   #25
ATi
RooR

Default Re: L4D2 Demo Feedback Thread

the tank has better AI it downed me and then it left me to kill some more humans!
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 2 x 4GB 1648
HD1.5tb
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
corsair620HX
Windows7 64 home premium
Dell LED G2210
ATi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-09, 01:56 AM   #26
m3dude

god source engine is ugly. the engine should have been retired long ago.
m3dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-09, 02:00 AM   #27
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3dude View Post
god source engine is ugly. the engine should have been retired long ago.
disagreed. Looks great in episode 2.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-09, 02:07 AM   #28
ATi
RooR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
disagreed. Looks great in episode 2.
+1
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 2 x 4GB 1648
HD1.5tb
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
corsair620HX
Windows7 64 home premium
Dell LED G2210
ATi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-09, 02:12 AM   #29
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

The HUD and UI just look very off for a PC game to me... more like a port. I would hate to think Valve, who basically run PC gaming right now, are showing signs of ports from the 360.

I love the gore though.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-09, 02:27 AM   #30
styles-T
-========-

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
Why are better graphics a con? Too demanding?
Well I feel that L4D was never really finished. They could have added so much more but valve decided to unload part 2 instead. I guess I had high expectations since this is a sequel. The game doesn't feel any different when compared to part 1 other than the new characters and weapons. It's still a good game I was just expecting more graphics wise.
Old 10-29-09, 02:35 AM   #31
styles-T
-========-

Quote:
Originally Posted by gRoUnD View Post
Well, some impressions.

- the menu music sucks
- main menu screams console
- liked the old game UI better, it was smaller and clearer IMHO
- feels partly "overloaded" with stuff, do i take the

Guitar?
Polica Baton?
Pan?
Katana?
Machete?
Second Pistol (melee weapon replaces it)?
Medkit or Defib (it reanimates dead comrades)?
Adrenaline or pills?

Encountered the female boomer, the smoker has some new clothes cause it seems to be hot

No tank so far, female spitter and the acid seems cheap.

The range of the pan, no surprise, is small, timing is very important.

I dont see that being used too often in Expert, especially with more zombies around you.

Bad timing a few times and you're on the ground (no thats not why i have this nick :P)

The added gore seems nice but was doable in L4D for sure as well.

Fire now has some black smoke, thats wasnt too hard, was it Valve (why not in L4D)?

Sadly no weather effects, but a jukebox with some tunes

I hope the change the menu and the game UI (or someone mod it).
I agree. The guitar as a melee weapon is kind of silly. The katana, baton and machete seem more realistic. These replace the handgun which I love to use. I was hoping you could carry both but you cant. Its either one or the other. I'm hoping valve changes this. I think valve is trying to take the scare out of the game which is disappointing. Even the music isn't fitting at times and doesn't have the scary overtones as L4D.
Old 10-29-09, 05:21 AM   #32
gRoUnD
Kinetic Momentum

Send a message via ICQ to gRoUnD

Yeehaw, the machete is a Melee-BFG in disguise. Only you have to get accustomed to the red screen

And the sniper rifle, which reminds of the H&K from CS, seems to have almost no recoil and is very precise, much better than the one from L4D.

The 3-shot burst rifle (is it a SCAR btw?) is not that good against chargers.

The spitter, man ist that a former hoe from that area that now seeks revenge and spits back?

The acid seems to disappear quite fast from what I've seen.

The jockey reminds me of the freaking midgets in Borderlands.
gRoUnD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-29-09, 06:49 AM   #33
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

My opinions:

L4D 1, upon released was one of the most polished games I've ever played in my life. The system just "works". L4D 2.... is nothing like that. The demo had a ton of glitches. The gameplay feels very awkward.

The melee weapons are pointless. MELEE WEAPONS TAKE OVER YOUR PRIMARY WEAPON! Not your pistol. The melee weapons seem fun to use for about 2 minutes, then you realize you are getting annihilated, so you are forced to switch to pistol.

The maps in the demo were VERY uninspiring. They look like they threw them together in a few hours. In L4D 1, you can tell thought was actually made in the maps to have key spots for zombie attacks. In L4D 2, its just a random mess.

The graphics in L4D2 are a nice upgrade, but the game doesn't have that "horror" feel anymore. While its nice that they are using actual colors in this game (as opposed to just shades of brown that were in L4D) , the game is almost too colorful. I never once felt like I was "in" a zombie game. I've never complained about a game being too colorful(i yike coyers), but a zombie game shouldn't look bright and happy.

The aiming feels "off". Its hard to describe it. I feel like my character is drunk and has 50 pound weights on each arm when trying to aim. Its hard to describe, but when you play you will see.

The new guns are stupid. I don't like them at all. The new rifle has a "burst fire" which is absolutely retarded for a game like this.

The new zombies are a welcome addition. But some of them just don't make sense. The "bull" like zombie seemed kinda cool and useful. The "acid" zombie seems great for those corner campers. However, there is this zombie that simply jumps on peoples backs and gets piggy back rides. He doesn't do much damage. What the hell is he for? He's pointless. Only use i can see him for is walking a person off a ledge, but thats about it, even that won't get the piggy backer points in versus.....

Before someone points it out. I know the game isn't finished. I know this demo is released "early". I'm not stupid. What I also know, is that this game is going to be releasing very soon, when it doesn't seem anywhere near done.

Another thing I'd like to point out, is that I'm not playing this demo as an attempt to say "meh, I'm not going to buy it. I'm keeping L4D and not buying this. I feel like being cheap". I've already bought L4D 2. I'm committed. Its preordered. I'm not sure I will go as far to say that I wish I didn't preorder L4D 2, because I know eventually I would get it. What I am saying, is that this game isn't finished(i guess thats what happens when you release a new game 1 year after the original that took 3-5 years to develope). It wasn't "fun" for me to play it last night. Most of the changes are unwanted.

I'll still play L4D2 from time to time when it releases... but L4D 1 is still a much better game.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-09, 07:10 AM   #34
mizzer
Is he safe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
Just finished the demo. I'm going to have to with hold any real feedback until the full game is out.

Rather disappointed.

This.
mizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-09, 09:13 AM   #35
K-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody View Post
The melee weapons are pointless. MELEE WEAPONS TAKE OVER YOUR PRIMARY WEAPON! Not your pistol. The melee weapons seem fun to use for about 2 minutes, then you realize you are getting annihilated, so you are forced to switch to pistol.
You must have found some special melee weapon, because the ones I've seen (machete, pan, guitar, baton) all replace your pistol. Heck in the screenshots I posted on the first page you can see my guy has a guitar and a shotgun.

The 'jockey' (the zombie that jumps on people and rides them) is going to be great for separating people in versus and I'm sure you'll get points just for riding people, but who cares about points as long as survivors get killed! The spitter is going to be insanely effective in versus.

While playing on Expert with my friends, we found the AK-47 and man, that gun is fantastic. It's inaccurate, but it is strong as hell and each shot takes chunks off a zombie. Only 40 rounds in the magazine, but totally worth it; made the alarm scene a lot easier.

Personally I wasn't terribly excited for L4D2, but I thought the demo was great and now I'm really looking forward to the full game.
K-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-09, 09:28 AM   #36
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-1 View Post
You must have found some special melee weapon, because the ones I've seen (machete, pan, guitar, baton) all replace your pistol. Heck in the screenshots I posted on the first page you can see my guy has a guitar and a shotgun.

The 'jockey' (the zombie that jumps on people and rides them) is going to be great for separating people in versus and I'm sure you'll get points just for riding people, but who cares about points as long as survivors get killed! The spitter is going to be insanely effective in versus.

While playing on Expert with my friends, we found the AK-47 and man, that gun is fantastic. It's inaccurate, but it is strong as hell and each shot takes chunks off a zombie. Only 40 rounds in the magazine, but totally worth it; made the alarm scene a lot easier.

Personally I wasn't terribly excited for L4D2, but I thought the demo was great and now I'm really looking forward to the full game.
I was playing on Hard difficulty . That might be why. Or could be a glitch. All melee weapons replaced primary weapon in my game.

The Jockey will not be "great" for separating people unless they give him fast speed when attached. As of right now, when a jockey connects, he just dies instantly. Noone gets separated.

I never used an AK-47... but even normal guns I'm use to in the game seemed to aim funny.

Glad you liked the demo. You are in a crowd of few.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote