Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-29-09, 11:51 AM   #37
grey_1

Default Re: L4D2 Demo Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody View Post
I was playing on Hard difficulty . That might be why. Or could be a glitch. All melee weapons replaced primary weapon in my game.

The Jockey will not be "great" for separating people unless they give him fast speed when attached. As of right now, when a jockey connects, he just dies instantly. Noone gets separated.

I never used an AK-47... but even normal guns I'm use to in the game seemed to aim funny.

Glad you liked the demo. You are in a crowd of few.
I think you gave a good and accurate review earlier.

The overall impression I got from this was more of a hurried mod that tries too, too hard to be different, but all the differences like color, plethora of weapons, even the melee was way off balance. Just feels like Valve just racked their brains and incorporated any idea at all that popped up.

Even the survivors dialogue - in L4D1 it was hilarious at times, urgent when needed, it all fit almost exactly where needed. The demo's is just weak compared to it.

That said though, maybe a bit was left out to keep the DL smaller etc, whatever reason.

I just hope the final released product comes somewhere close to the level of care and attention the first one showed. I'm looking forward to it.

The first map in Blood Harvest felt weak and irritating to me, but I love the map overall. I'm hoping The demo's Parrish beginning is just the same.
Old 10-29-09, 12:39 PM   #38
Crow_Nest
Ace Spammer

Send a message via MSN to Crow_Nest

I like the demo, played through many times already. The crescendo event was epic, really made it feel like a survival horror movie where everyone is trying to run away from chasing zombies while shooting at them, then some people will get left behind.

The demo turned out to be a lot different from what i expected, then again maybe my expectations were too great. Nonetheless its still a great game, and this is only a small part of it. The parish feels rather bland to be honest, but that doesnt mean it sucks, because it doesnt! I cant wait for the full release, versus is gonna be da bomb.
| Hitachi 1TB SATA3 HDD | Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700W |
| Cooler Master Centurion 5 II Casing | Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 |

Laptop : Lenovo IdeaPad Y450
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce G110M 256MB |
| 4GB DDR3 SDRAM | Western Digital 320GB | 14.1' LED Backlit Screen |

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=73666&dateline=135279  2183
Crow_Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-09, 02:15 PM   #39
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow_Nest View Post
I like the demo, played through many times already. The crescendo event was epic, really made it feel like a survival horror movie where everyone is trying to run away from chasing zombies while shooting at them, then some people will get left behind.

The demo turned out to be a lot different from what i expected, then again maybe my expectations were too great. Nonetheless its still a great game, and this is only a small part of it. The parish feels rather bland to be honest, but that doesnt mean it sucks, because it doesnt! I cant wait for the full release, versus is gonna be da bomb.
I should have mentioned that, yeah, it was good.
Old 10-29-09, 03:20 PM   #40
ATi
RooR

Quote:
Originally Posted by gRoUnD View Post

The jockey reminds me of the freaking midgets in Borderlands.
LOL +1
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 2 x 4GB 1648
HD1.5tb
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
corsair620HX
Windows7 64 home premium
Dell LED G2210
ATi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-09, 03:22 PM   #41
K-1

Quote:
I was playing on Hard difficulty . That might be why. Or could be a glitch. All melee weapons replaced primary weapon in my game.
Playing on expert and melee weapons replaced the pistol, so yeah, you must have had a glitch.
K-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-09, 03:33 PM   #42
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-1 View Post
Playing on expert and melee weapons replaced the pistol, so yeah, you must have had a glitch.
Yea i had a feeling thats what it was.

Either way, thats pretty damn stupid.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-09, 01:12 AM   #43
K-1

Finally beat the demo on expert! Only 3 of us as our fourth was MIA, and the damn bot kept taking all the health. The alarm event was incredibly awesome; having to run around frantically during a crescendo event rather than hide in a corner feels great. I love how corner camping is far less effective than in the first game. The maps had a lot of long streets or alleys in which to fight, with no clear corner to hide in. Many of the clear corners that did exist (in the park in particular) weren't safe because infected would scale the walls behind the corners, and of course there's all the new special infected. Really gives a great feel of constantly being in danger. Luckily my friends are part of the "crowd of few" who enjoyed it too .
Old 10-30-09, 02:16 AM   #44
jAkUp
eat. sleep. overclock.

Played a lot today and liking it more, the location based damage on zombies is pretty awesome

Old 10-30-09, 03:03 AM   #45
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

I really want to play this, but I am waiting to get a 4-person deal set up to buy the game with some friends on WSGF.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-09, 07:48 AM   #46
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-1 View Post
Finally beat the demo on expert! Only 3 of us as our fourth was MIA, and the damn bot kept taking all the health. The alarm event was incredibly awesome; having to run around frantically during a crescendo event rather than hide in a corner feels great. I love how corner camping is far less effective than in the first game. The maps had a lot of long streets or alleys in which to fight, with no clear corner to hide in. Many of the clear corners that did exist (in the park in particular) weren't safe because infected would scale the walls behind the corners, and of course there's all the new special infected. Really gives a great feel of constantly being in danger. Luckily my friends are part of the "crowd of few" who enjoyed it too .
instead of running around... you do realize you could just stay on top of the platform during the alarm right? We beat it on the highest difficulty pretty easily.

And yes, the number 1 thing I like about the game is the fact that they pretty much eliminated corner camping. However, I'm wondering how hard survivor will be. Most all the maps you must corner camp to get a high time.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-09, 11:21 AM   #47
K-1

Quote:
instead of running around... you do realize you could just stay on top of the platform during the alarm right? We beat it on the highest difficulty pretty easily.

And yes, the number 1 thing I like about the game is the fact that they pretty much eliminated corner camping. However, I'm wondering how hard survivor will be. Most all the maps you must corner camp to get a high time.
Of course you stay on top of the platform, but you gotta run through the horde to get up there first, right? Is there some secret elevator we missed? Quite a difference from how you normally have time to safely plan a little defense before you trigger the horde. What was really useful in helping us pass it were a couple bile bombs, those things keep infected distracted for so long. Also tried using one against a tank since we had no molotovs, but it didn't seem too useful there.
Old 10-30-09, 01:06 PM   #48
LordJuanlo
Widescreen rules

I love the new physics effects of the pipebombs, it's wonderful how the flesh and corpses fly and dance around lol
ATI 5870 (Graphics) + GeForce 9600GT (PhysX) on Samsung SM244T 1920x1200
LG GGW-H20L BluRay & HD-DVD / Logitech Z-5500 5.1 DTS / Westone 3 Earphones
Asus Xonar D2 / 360 Elite Wireless Controller / Gigabyte Odin GT 800W
Windows 7 x64
(also a 360 and a PSP )
LordJuanlo is offline   Reply With Quote