Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Microsoft Windows 7

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-29-09, 10:01 PM   #13
Bah!

Default Re: Windows 7 Games Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonPC View Post
That's going to be a lot of pinned objects on the task bar for people who have many games (the majority of us).
Nah, you can do it with just one word showing.

Make a folder somewhere on your computer and put all the shortcuts to your games in it. Then right click on the task bar, go to "Toolbars", then "New Toolbar". Direct it to your newly made folder and it will show up on the task bar with an arrow beside it that you can click for a list of all your games.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-09, 12:57 AM   #14
Mike89
Dude, where's my brain?

I'm still getting used to the changes from XP to Windows 7. Start menu setup is way different. In XP I had it down pat. Created game links in Start Menu for all my games. Broke them down into two folders, "Games PC AL" and "Games PC MZ". You could either do this in Documents and Settings\All Users or Documents and Settings\Username. Could even create in both and everything would come up in one in Start Menu. Windows 7 doesn't seem to work this way. Going to All Programs-Games, all games are not automatically in there. Windows 7 puts some in and others it leaves out. To compound it, if you right click on "Games", there are other entries going to either "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Games" or "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windo ws\Start Menu\Programs". Then there is the "Games Explorer". Each of those were not consistent in what games were in them. Kind of had me flustered a bit after using XP for so many years. I didn't end up using Games Explorer. It looked nice at first glance but turned out not to be functional at all to me for using it for game links and Windows 7 is not too good at getting all the games in there. I just ended up using the Games Link "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windo ws\Start Menu\Programs\Games". Copied in the remaining game shortcuts that weren't in there (and edited the names to what I wanted), pinned it to my taskbar and I'm now good to go. Took a little time to gather all the shortcuts but personal tweaking is time consuming anyway. Another way would be to shortcut that folder to Desktop, use "Desktop" toolbar and access it that way.
I7 3770 @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S Heatsink), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs (2x8) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer P236H 23" (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 WD 640 gig SATA HDDs, WD 750 gig HDD (eSata), WD 1TB Black HDD, Sandisk 32 GB ReadyCache SSD, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64
Mike89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-09, 08:18 AM   #15
wysiwyg

i had to re-enable my games tab thingy with add/remove=

http://www.sevenforums.com/gaming/38...ard-games.html
wysiwyg is offline   Reply With Quote