Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-29-09, 01:34 PM   #25
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Default Re: Torchlight - A review from a Diablo 2 fan

Cool Barbarian Diablo 2 skills:

Leap Attack. Jump really high and bash a monsters skull in. Does a high amount of damage and can help with escaping situations where mobs are crowding you.

Frenzy. Swing fast as hell. Every single time you swing your weapon, you get faster and faster. Both weapon speed and running speed. Very cool.

WhirlWind. Spin around like a damn spinning top. Annihilate everything around you.

Berserk. Extremely high damage attack that uses pure magic damage. Great against those immune to physical damage. Must have.

Something like that. Come on, you can do it. The game is so great and fantastic, I'm sure you can remember at least one cool skill.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-09, 01:36 PM   #26
Buio

We get it, you don't like the game.

You wrote a long "I don't like the game" post, are you trying to keep it alive now?
Buio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-09, 01:37 PM   #27
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buio View Post
I guess you needed your own thread to continually whine about the game.

Please keep it out of the other Torchlight thread.
It isn't in your lousy Torchlight thread. The game is a bust. I'm just warning those who have any interest at all in it to stay away. I'm pretty sure my review scared away a few buyers, so my job is done.
Old 10-29-09, 01:38 PM   #28
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
I guess you needed your own thread to continually whine about the game.

Please keep it out of the other Torchlight thread.
QFT. I'm done with this one so far. For the readers out there other than the OP, I'd suggest looking elsewhere for feedback.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-09, 01:42 PM   #29
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
QFT. I'm done with this one so far. For the readers out there other than the OP, I'd suggest looking elsewhere for feedback.
Its too late. You wasted your money and they can see that since you didn't answer my one simple question "name 3 skills", that the game is a bust.

Must suck to be wrong. Meanwhile, I'll be sitting here in the winners circle.
Old 10-29-09, 02:03 PM   #30
Buio

I have no problems with people posting very negative opinions about games I like, and responding to why they don't like it. That is fine. But you derailed into senseless ranting/whining, so you have zero credibility now. In fact, it almost looks like you are trolling from start.

For example the thing about "remembering skill names". You are talking about a game people played for years with a game that is barely out, let alone most haven't even got the top skills yet.
Old 10-29-09, 02:31 PM   #31
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
I have no problems with people posting very negative opinions about games I like, and responding to why they don't like it. That is fine. But you derailed into senseless ranting/whining, so you have zero credibility now. In fact, it almost looks like you are trolling from start.

For example the thing about "remembering skill names". You are talking about a game people played for years with a game that is barely out, let alone most haven't even got the top skills yet.
I didn't say you had to remember any skill names. Log into the game... read the descriptions and basically just write one here that sounds cool/interesting/useful.

It will take a lot to give me zero credibility. I'm pretty a pretty credible guy
Old 10-29-09, 02:34 PM   #32
Buio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody View Post
It will take a lot to give me zero credibility. I'm pretty a pretty credible guy
At least some humor. :P

Anyway, I give up posting replies.

Old 10-29-09, 02:49 PM   #33
ViN86

Tyger we know you hate the game, but please keep the thread at least a little civil.

People are allowed to have an opinion that opposes yours.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-09, 02:57 PM   #34
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Tyger we know you hate the game, but please keep the thread at least a little civil.

People are allowed to have an opinion that opposes yours.
when was I ever not civil? I don't recall any name calling or anything of the such. The very first post I received was "you are wrong". So basically, I'm trying to get these guys to show me why I am "wrong". Thus far, they haven't been able too. So sue me for having a good time watching them avoid questions.

And just FYI. The diablo forums are blowing up right now over this game. Its pretty amusing.
Old 10-29-09, 03:06 PM   #35
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody View Post
when was I ever not civil? I don't recall any name calling or anything of the such. The very first post I received was "you are wrong". So basically, I'm trying to get these guys to show me why I am "wrong". Thus far, they haven't been able too. So sue me for having a good time watching them avoid questions.

And just FYI. The diablo forums are blowing up right now over this game. Its pretty amusing.
You don't need name calling to be uncivil. You're jumping down the throats of all who oppose you.

I am sure you're not trying to be mean about it, but it typically escalates quickly. And when **** escalates, I usually have to lock the thread. So I'm just trying to keep it open.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-09, 04:27 PM   #36
LurkerLito

Let's see 3 Skills that I am using. Marksman, Critical Chance and The one with the explosive projectiles (don't remember it's real name). My Critical is at 10 (maxed) and Marksman is at 7 or 8. Combined it makes my projectiles do a lot of damage, I think the highest I saw was about 1400 for a critical strike and the creatures literally just explode from the hit . The explosive projectile is needed for when you get swarmed and it does insane amount of damage to a group especially when it does a critical hit.

I will be playing this game for quite some time, though I am not sure how much as I am also spending time with Tekken 6, Risen, NWN2, Ratchet and Clank, Dragon's Age Origin's Next week. I can tell you that I stopped playing Tekken 6 to go back and play Torchlight last night so IMO it's a very good game. Risen has been put on hold as has NWN2 for Torchlight. As far as my Steam ID you don't need it as it is setup as private so it won't show up even in a search.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote