Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-30-09, 01:24 PM   #1
nomec

Default Dragon Age Pre-load?

So apparently this game is going to take up a LOT of hd space. I imagine a lot of people will be buying this through digital distribution as will I. Only thing is, is Steam going to let us know soon enough whether or not this can be preloaded? I read that D2D is allowing for a preload, but nothing about steam. I can't even imagine what the servers are going to be like on Tuesday when this game gets released, and I bet I won't even get this download finished until a day or two after considering how slow it's going to be. Anyone have any updates?

If steam is not offering preloading, then I think Direct2Drive will be getting my money this time around.
nomec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-09, 01:38 PM   #2
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Dragon Age Pre-load?

Who knows... they haven't responded to the inquiry on the Steam forums, so either it's a no or they don't feel like talking.

20GB installed is probably 12-14 downloaded, I would guess. Probably take me all day.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-09, 01:52 PM   #3
nomec

Yeah, it would only be a day's worth of downloading or so, but say I buy it on Steam, I have to leave for work at 7am, so I won't be able to start downloading when it unlocks (I live alone). Then I get home at 6pm and by the time it's done downloading it's already after work Wednesday. One day isn't really that long to wait but I have honestly been waiting for this game for so long that it makes a little bit of a difference. The D2D pre-load opens up Monday, so I can start downloading when I get home from work Monday night and it will be ready to go Tuesday when I am home from work.
Old 10-30-09, 02:09 PM   #4
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

If D2D gets a preload Monday Steam might as well. They usually match D2D on these things.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 10-30-09, 02:13 PM   #5
nomec

Yeah, that's what I am thinking. I will probably have to hold off until Sun/Mon until I make a decision. I would prefer to use Steam, though. Have you bought your copy yet?

Oh, and I am going for the digital deluxe version of course.
Old 10-30-09, 02:38 PM   #6
jolle

would have been nice to acctually USE my 100mbit connection for once, but the prices on steam in eu these days.. its kinda hard to get over.
Old 10-30-09, 02:57 PM   #7
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomec View Post
Yeah, that's what I am thinking. I will probably have to hold off until Sun/Mon until I make a decision. I would prefer to use Steam, though. Have you bought your copy yet?

Oh, and I am going for the digital deluxe version of course.
Yeah, I bought it on Steam... I don't like using D2D for some reason, something about it just turns me off. Also I get a good connection to Steam most of the time and even 14GB or so should only take me 3-4 hours.

Old 10-30-09, 03:03 PM   #8
nomec

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Yeah, I bought it on Steam... I don't like using D2D for some reason, something about it just turns me off. Also I get a good connection to Steam most of the time and even 14GB or so should only take me 3-4 hours.
Yeah that's not really the case for me... I have a 10mbps connection but I never download that fast for some reason.. usually around 500-600kbps which sucks. Maybe my ISP is limiting me or something. Only rarely will I see the full 1mbps in a download.

Old 10-30-09, 03:12 PM   #9
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomec View Post
Yeah that's not really the case for me... I have a 10mbps connection but I never download that fast for some reason.. usually around 500-600kbps which sucks. Maybe my ISP is limiting me or something. Only rarely will I see the full 1mbps in a download.
Have you selected your closest server? I know I had to change mine, it was originally Seattle or something and I swapped it to Texas.

I get about 1MB/sec... sometimes it drops to 700kb or above.

Old 10-30-09, 03:16 PM   #10
ATi
RooR

is this game gonna be a console RPG port?
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 2 x 4GB 1648
HD1.5tb
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
corsair620HX
Windows7 64 home premium
Dell LED G2210
ATi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-09, 03:23 PM   #11
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATi View Post
is this game gonna be a console RPG port?
no, PC version was finished back in March or May (forgot which one, but certain it started with M )

PC verison was held up because they wanted to get console versions done to be released same day
Old 10-30-09, 03:27 PM   #12
ATi
RooR

oh awesome
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 2 x 4GB 1648
HD1.5tb
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
corsair620HX
Windows7 64 home premium
Dell LED G2210
ATi is offline   Reply With Quote