Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-04-09, 01:49 AM   #121
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Official Dragon Age: Origins Feedback Thread

Glad I didn't have any problems... though there is one ring that I don't have, the luck one. I think some of the items you don't get until later on.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-09, 02:36 AM   #122
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
I consider more options for character diversity fun, and having to strategize a good character to be fun.
No, it is not more options for your character. If you wanted to change your stats around in a traditional mmo, you just swap gear. if you wanna change stats in DAO, you roll a whole new character. Also there is no diversity, you try and run a dps warrior using sword and shield, you'll get your ass kicked. There is only one way to configure you stats for each path.. and straying from that is inefficient, diversity be damned.
Old 11-04-09, 02:40 AM   #123
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Glad I didn't have any problems... though there is one ring that I don't have, the luck one. I think some of the items you don't get until later on.
No you get it first up, you have to upload a character using the character creator. It's a nice ring +1 to all attributes.

I'm loving this game. Especially getting all covered in blood. No asses to best Ash Williams yet, but I'm hoping.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-09, 02:47 AM   #124
K007

got everything loaded just about to start the game.

Steam went very very smooth for me, as always .
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-09, 02:55 AM   #125
Vanzagar
Bring me Amberlamps

http://www.gamerankings.com/pc/92066...ins/index.html

91% not bad...
Vanzagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-09, 03:04 AM   #126
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Better than I'd hoped so far. Stayed up way too damn late playing it.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-09, 03:07 AM   #127
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
No you get it first up, you have to upload a character using the character creator. It's a nice ring +1 to all attributes.

I'm loving this game. Especially getting all covered in blood. No asses to best Ash Williams yet, but I'm hoping.
I have the luck ring on my DLC list, but it was not in my starting chest. I assumed it was one of the ones you get later... several are things you don't get until after the intro missions. The plus to all attributes is the one from Steam I think, I have that one... I am talking about some lucky band or something.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 11-04-09, 04:24 AM   #128
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Yeah the Lucky band, you start with it if you have it. The Dragon Armor too. I have that, but I have to wait till I have str 38 to equip it. Not that my Ranger will use it... ::

Plus the tomes. I had those on start, got a few extra points to spend on first level. Ima kill all those dark spawns!
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-04-09, 04:28 AM   #129
Toss3
.<<o>>.

My copy won't be here 'til Friday.. So which class or origin is the best one to play? I'm considering going with a mage. Can you alter your appearance at all?
Old 11-04-09, 04:32 AM   #130
K007

I am guessing it is loosing a bit of points just for its graphics quality for a late 2009 release.

sadly i haven't had a chance to play yet...dam u IW
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-09, 05:04 AM   #131
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
Yeah the Lucky band, you start with it if you have it. The Dragon Armor too. I have that, but I have to wait till I have str 38 to equip it. Not that my Ranger will use it... ::

Plus the tomes. I had those on start, got a few extra points to spend on first level. Ima kill all those dark spawns!
I do have it, I thought it was the wicked oak, but it is the lucky stone or whatever, so never mind.

I died a lot in the forrest.

Old 11-04-09, 05:34 AM   #132
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah! View Post
Bioware didn't make NWN2 so they had nothing to do with the AI in that game. And, honestly, are you even trying to play the game or just looking for things that were messed up so you could take screenshots of them?

Things like what's in those screenshots happen in every game and will always happen. I can launch any game i've ever bought, and if i feel like nitpicking and going over it with a fine tooth comb, I could post just as many screenshots just like those.
Im grabbing shots of stuff that break the immersion of the game for me,these kind of dips in production value really spoil things...imagine watching LOFTR only to see a cococola can rolling around the battle feild or reading a wheel of time book where all teh seplling was fcuked up.......& just because you see it in other games doesnt mean you should see it in every game,if this was a buget title from some startup german or russian dev then id let it slide but from a multimillion selling dev house who should know better,well forgive me if the standards i expect from them are a little higher than yours or there Q&A teams.....
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote