Default Re: Official Dragon Age: Origins Feedback Thread

I got Dog. He's funny.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-09, 09:35 PM   #578
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

When the dog whimpers, I can sort of feel it. Makes me sad.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-09, 10:06 PM   #579
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

The dog is ugly as sin though. Seriously, it has a face only the dogs mother could love.

In the warrior path, you obtain him from the kitchen pantry incident.

I like how he has his own spells.. even some special gear...but he really isn't worth the character slot unless maybe he becomes obscenely powerful when leveled up. He should have been allowed to be in the group outside of the party slots.
Old 11-13-09, 10:18 PM   #580
weevil

The toughest fight the entire game for me so far was one with 6 dogs at once in Redcliff Castle

That's the one NZ

Just got back from the Lady of the Forest portion and re-equipped we sallied forth and slaughtered that Mabari pack, then went on to clear the Redcliffe courtyard of the formerly massive Revenant and his darkling posse. I've left it on easy mode though, for me that's more enjoyable than a little too much grinding. Less satisfying of course but I'm still learning tactics and looking forward to more playthroughs

Like in Oblivion when at first I waited for the robbers in the harbor store at night and ambushed them. Got smeared all over the shop endlessly lol and gave up, marked their cards for later attention. But going back to that quest after levelling up, very heart-warming

In the Zathrian thread (Elven folk, very interesting tale around the campfire) there's the most beautifully scripted and elegant storyline, the Bioware devs are RPG Gods and who will gainsay them sirrah

Bloody marvellous game, just go out and get it gentle RPG players: it's an absolute treat.

Back at our camp after the werewolf gig everyone must have presents of course, Leliana is warming to me. Looking for marshmallows
weevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-09, 11:39 PM   #581
K007

Best story in a game so far this year.

I just can't wait to finish it and play as a bad girl.

Also nailed Leinna as well, and she still has no problems with me going and doing it with another dude or a shemale....haha.

I hope Morgnna or w/e her name is bi.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-09, 12:00 AM   #582
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Morrigan is not bi. Lelianna is Bi. She'll even do a 3sum with the Isabella Duelist chick in one of the Taverns.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-09, 12:32 AM   #583
methimpikehoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd View Post
. He should have been allowed to be in the group outside of the party slots.
Oh, I thought maybe he was. Don't feel so bad now.
Old 11-14-09, 01:20 AM   #584
LurkerLito

So far the hardest battle I had was the Revenant for the juggernaut armor. I only did one of the 3 parts of the quest but to me that is so far the hardest thing I have fought because of his special pulling power. The longest fight was in the mage tower the final demon in the fade.

I actually thought the dogs were pretty easy with my mage. But as long as you have one caster with cone of cold it should be significantly easier. That spell has saved my group more times than any other. All the other stun spells in the game kind of blow cause they are short in duration, and sleep gets resisted most of the time. Cone of Cold almost always works and last a decent amount of time.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-09, 01:31 AM   #585
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Yeah, I just got Cone of Cold for Wynne and realized it is probably the best spell ever.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 11-14-09, 02:06 AM   #586
methimpikehoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Yeah, I just got Cone of Cold for Wynne and realized it is probably the best spell ever.
I've been using it with my mage character and it is pwn. Maybe too easy...
Old 11-14-09, 07:00 AM   #587
omzig
Comfortably Numb

I just finished the orzammar/deep roads quest line last night one word EPIC with some very interesting moral choices,cant wait to try that quest line a second time and choose to opposite just to see how things pan out,but Dam those Golems! i totally refused to drop the difficullty to bet them thought and on the 8th try i managed to keep all my party + 1 standing at the end COC FTW! now on to the landsmeet and the home stretch i guess
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-09, 07:04 AM   #588
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

I just had one of the best gaming experiences of my life with this game. Spoilers for the Urn quest, highlight to read:

So I get to the top of the mountain and the dragon is there, and I see I don't have to fight her and can just move on. I figure what the heck though, and I summon her down... seconds later she is kicking my ass and has my people at half life. She is obviously way too powerful for me at my current level, but I give it my all anyway... minutes later she is at half life and everyone is dead but Wynne, but Wynne brings back Alistair and he goes to town... Wynne keeps him buffed the entire time and I keep pumping her with lyrium to keep her mana up.

At some point her revive spell comes back and I bring back Shale, and then it's 3 on 1... eventually the dragon is almost dead and I am thinking "oh my god I might win this thing"... then BOOM, he kills Wynne out of nowhere, and I have already used ALL my potions, and I am like CRAP, well that was fun... just for that last try though I put Alistair in super defense mode and have Shale do a killing blow... Shale hits for massive damage, but the dragon then instantly kills him because there is no healing. Then it is Alistair versus the dragon, one-on-one, and Alistair has NO health, but he does have his massive defense, and I cross my fingers and then BAM, Alistair strikes the killing-*****ing-blow.

It took me like a half an hour of real time and it was epic the whole way, but I beat that freaking thing first try, first time in that area, and it was FREAKING EPIC.

The end.

This was all on normal by the way, which makes it that much more sweet.

Best RPG ever?