Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-14-09, 07:06 AM   #589
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Official Dragon Age: Origins Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by omzig View Post
i totally refused to drop the difficullty to bet them thought and on the 8th try i managed to keep all my party + 1 standing at the end COC FTW! now on to the landsmeet and the home stretch i guess
Same here, it is just so epic when you lose a battle a few times but then come back to win. Makes you feel like the master of Dragon Age, lol.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-09, 07:15 AM   #590
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

From the above story, a screenie. I don't think it is spoilers since dragons were in the trailers.

I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 11-14-09, 07:15 AM   #591
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
I just had one of the best gaming experiences of my life with this game. Spoilers for the Urn quest, highlight to read:

So I get to the top of the mountain and the dragon is there, and I see I don't have to fight her and can just move on. I figure what the heck though, and I summon her down... seconds later she is kicking my ass and has my people at half life. She is obviously way too powerful for me at my current level, but I give it my all anyway... minutes later she is at half life and everyone is dead but Wynne, but Wynne brings back Alistair and he goes to town... Wynne keeps him buffed the entire time and I keep pumping her with lyrium to keep her mana up.

At some point her revive spell comes back and I bring back Shale, and then it's 3 on 1... eventually the dragon is almost dead and I am thinking "oh my god I might win this thing"... then BOOM, he kills Wynne out of nowhere, and I have already used ALL my potions, and I am like CRAP, well that was fun... just for that last try though I put Alistair in super defense mode and have Shale do a killing blow... Shale hits for massive damage, but the dragon then instantly kills him because there is no healing. Then it is Alistair versus the dragon, one-on-one, and Alistair has NO health, but he does have his massive defense, and I cross my fingers and then BAM, Alistair strikes the killing-*****ing-blow.

It took me like a half an hour of real time and it was epic the whole way, but I beat that freaking thing first try, first time in that area, and it was FREAKING EPIC.

The end.

This was all on normal by the way, which makes it that much more sweet.

Best RPG ever?
Dragon fight was epic, leinna did die once but i revived her. i made sure wynne was really far away and let the ai for my guy to tank the boss and just control wynne and keep healing, after that it was just a tank and spank boss.

A healer is a must for anything later on...think my second time around i will make an evil healer...cant wait.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-09, 08:55 AM   #592
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
Morrigan is not bi. Lelianna is Bi. She'll even do a 3sum with the Isabella Duelist chick in one of the Taverns.
Damit, you just ruined my second play through plans. Now I gotta start sucking up to her this play through so I can get her...

NarcissistZero, My first interaction with the dragon was him flying down and killing my party in 2 hits. I didn't have any time to react. BTW The Urn quest is awesome, one of the best so far in the game.
Old 11-14-09, 09:44 AM   #593
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Urn dragon was a cool battle although i admit to having to come back to it after finishing the main body of the quest,again because i didnt want to drop the difficulty just to beat the crazy difficullty spike,i had almost no problem with the mobs in the main quest area but the dragon just wiped me out time and again no matter what i tryed,coming back still felt like cheating a little (but not as bad as dropping to easy) its been about the only Boss in the whole game that i felt rewarded for killing as it had some really good useful drops

The blacksmith and shop manager who craft the drake/dragon scales are a hoot bioware have that camp fashion desinger ego nailed,i think this is the first game in a fair old while thats made me lol everytime i played it,the party dialog when you cross match attitudes is very cool the best 2 sofar has tobe Lelianna hitting on Morrigan and Zevran trying to get his head into Wynne's bosom,i love the way it manages to send itself (and the whole RPG genre) up but still retain a nice flow of morale choices and story telling

GOTY sofar for me

Haha just read NarcissistZero spoiler txt ,well done man sounds like you had a great skin of your teeth gaming moment
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-09, 10:20 AM   #594
methimpikehoses

I'm loving the dwarf quest and finding it to be the most difficult so far. The golems aren't a problem because I can freeze them and then pound on them, but the main spider fight was the most tough for me. They kept respawning and coming from all angles, and the queen spider was tough as nails.

I have yet to slay the big dragon, but I only tried at a very low level since the urn was my first quest.
Old 11-14-09, 01:20 PM   #595
omzig
Comfortably Numb

New Leliana face texture and mesh tweaks makes her look a little less generic

http://social.bioware.com/project/561/#files

Theres a Morrigan tweak there aswell but i didint like it somuch so havent kept it in
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-09, 01:31 PM   #596
shilk

^ Awesome! Will check it out, thanks. I posted some in the other topic, but I'll paste it here seeing how it's the "official topic".

Quote:
Dexterity hotfix. Freakin' finally.
(Note: All mobs will get the bonus too.)

There's tons of mods out there already as well. You can even whiten everyone's teeth, lol. I think the more promising ones are the ones that make it so when you recruit a character or start the game, your points aren't already allocated. That's the thing that pissed me off the most when I got a new party member. This way, you can allocate the points how you want them.

I was playing a Rogue already, and there was no point having Zevran or Leliana with me since they were also Rogues. I changed Leliana to a full-time bard and Zevran a ranged character. The thing that pissed me off was Morrigan. I know she's sort of a shapeshifter, but most of her talents are used up my useless crap like Spider form and stuff. With this mod, I can make her a healer/hexer/support character and not have to worry about getting Wynne.

Check it out here. Awesome toolset guide, btw.

Oh, topless Morrigan mod ftw, ROFL.
Did you guys ever listen to the banter those guys in the Dwarven area are shouting? I was laughing so hard when one of them was shouting about how I helped out and they tried to kill me and dying a horrible death, followed by an "Epic Fail". Haha.
shilk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-09, 04:12 PM   #597
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Damit, you just ruined my second play through plans. Now I gotta start sucking up to her this play through so I can get her...

NarcissistZero, My first interaction with the dragon was him flying down and killing my party in 2 hits. I didn't have any time to react. BTW The Urn quest is awesome, one of the best so far in the game.
I had an epic battle with the dragon too. Much like Velvets. I thought I'd lost, but took her down in the last seconds.

It's pretty easy to seduce both Lelianna and Morrigan. Morrigan even is happy to just be casual. Now I just gotta bring up the subject of a 3sum with Lelianna and my main quest will be complete and I can focus on the Darkspawn side quest.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-09, 04:40 PM   #598
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
I had an epic battle with the dragon too. Much like Velvets. I thought I'd lost, but took her down in the last seconds.
I'm mostly proud I did it on the first go... there have been several bosses before I had to come back later to beat, but the dragon I somehow managed to kill at the start.

Of course, it literally took all my potions and lyrium, and now I am left to wonder how the hell I can finish the urn quest without them.

Old 11-14-09, 05:00 PM   #599
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

ha. I was lucky and found a ton in the random loot drops.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-09, 05:12 PM   #600
qube
Bored sins birth

were to find the urn quest