Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-03-09, 04:16 PM   #73
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Default Re: Official Dragon Age: Origins Feedback Thread

magus, because MMOs currently do it better? They arn't popular just because they are online, they are popular because they are fun to play.

Hunt, then avoid this game. You wont be pressing to many buttons when they are on cooldown. click once and hope your white damage wins.
Old 11-03-09, 04:20 PM   #74
CaptNKILL
CUBE

Hmm...

This is kind of what I was afraid of.

Combat with very little interaction is really boring to me.

After playing Risen so much, with its combat that really gets the blood pumping... I'm not sure if I'll be able to stay with a game like this.
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
CaptNKILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-09, 04:21 PM   #75
|MaguS|

I don't know from all the videos I have seen it all looked very NW2 and KOTOR like, which is ok in my book.
Old 11-03-09, 04:34 PM   #76
Zelda_fan

played it for like an hour.

basically kick ass. This game rocks.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-09, 04:47 PM   #77
Slybri

I don't want to sounds juvenile or lewd, but have you seen the female characters without equipment? Let's just say there's no reason for a nude patch. I mean, my female warrior has some serious cameltoe going on.

"Nice shot William Burroughs! You hold a gun like a guy who plays Riven!"
------ The Venture Bros.
Slybri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-09, 05:04 PM   #78
arioch21
Vengeful Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd View Post
magus, because MMOs currently do it better? They arn't popular just because they are online, they are popular because they are fun to play.

Hunt, then avoid this game. You wont be pressing to many buttons when they are on cooldown. click once and hope your white damage wins.
I remember when I started playing WoW, it was hit 2 buttons over and over again. You had to actually level up and get "new" skills before you can use them as well and actually have other things to use... weird concept I know.
Old 11-03-09, 05:11 PM   #79
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
magus, because MMOs currently do it better? They arn't popular just because they are online, they are popular because they are fun to play. .
MMOs do what better? they just make you waste money better.

i wasn't stupid enough to actually buy any MMOs, but i tried almost every single one either at late beta stages or during free trail period.
Old 11-03-09, 05:15 PM   #80
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
MMOs do what better? they just make you waste money better.

i wasn't stupid enough to actually buy any MMOs, but i tried almost every single one either at late beta stages or during free trail period.
I wouldn't say they make you waste money better. DAO = DLC, MMO = P2P. Only in an MMO you get to play with a bunch of other people. And DAO seems to have basically the same combat mechanics of MMO's... click an enemy and attack and let your character do whatever he wants because you have no control over it.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-03-09, 05:19 PM   #81
Raptorman
Former Marine

Send a message via MSN to Raptorman Send a message via Yahoo to Raptorman

Bah, this sucks. I can't create my Bioware Social Account to get the DLC. "Unable to connect to name authority server."
Not As Mean, Not As Lean, But Still A Marine
Ramadi 2006, 22 MEU 2007
3rd Battalion 8th Marines WPNS CO
"Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat."
RAdm. "Jay" R. Stark, USN; 10 November 1995
Raptorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-09, 05:35 PM   #82
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

clearly you guys have no idea how to actually play a leveled up character in an mmo. In wow there are rotations..there are cooldowns to time..some on short ones..some on large ones..and there are many situational abilities. there are many abilities just for pulling. Its fun, and thats why it makes the money.

I am not saying we shouldnt play dao because of it.. its not a bad game. Its just of the couple of down points..I find the control scheme gameplay elements to the majority of them.

bte the witch and the nutso rogue chick you pick up after the initial siege... total win. ^^ I really really like some of the characters in this game.
Old 11-03-09, 05:37 PM   #83
Bah!

Quote:

Bull****.

Take any MMO offline and it wouldn't be nearly as popular as it currently is. MMO's are absolutely popular because they are online. In fact, all an MMO is, is a cut down version of a real rpg played with thousands of people. They are rpg-lite on a massive scale. Comparing this game to MMOs is ridiculous.

As far as the cool downs, either you have ADD or my game is broken. Most of my skills cool downs, so far, are only long enough from keeping me from spamming the same skill over and over again.

Also, how long have you been playing and how many skills could you possibly have at this point? Even if what you say is true, you are using starter skills a couple of hours into a 50+ hour game, and you'll get plenty enough to always have something to use.

This game is excellent, and any rpg fan (not MMO fan) would be crazy not to pick this game up.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-09, 05:42 PM   #84
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah! View Post
Bull****.

Take any MMO offline and it wouldn't be nearly as popular as it currently is. MMO's are absolutely popular because they are online. In fact, all an MMO is, is a cut down version of a real rpg played with thousands of people. They are rpg-lite on a massive scale. Comparing this game to MMOs is ridiculous..
and story elements in MMOs are pathetic, lack any importance, when you see gazilions people running around doing the same task.