Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-05-09, 04:59 PM   #1
Logical
Registered User
 
Logical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 2,523
Default Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Multiplayer Beta

Found this on Rudedogs site www.fpsadmin.com

US, November 5, 2009 - Stockholm, Sweden - DICE, an Electronic Arts Inc. studio (NASDAQ: ERTS), today announced the upcoming Battlefield: Bad Company 2 multiplayer beta exclusively on the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system. Starting November 19, PlayStation 3 gamers will be able to experience the unprecedented action, destruction, vehicular warfare, squad play and open sandbox environments that only Battlefield can deliver. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 provides a true all-out war experience like no other modern warfare game. For beta key distribution details go to www.battlefield.com.

"This is an outstanding opportunity for PlayStation gamers to get early access to one of the most action-packed and polished shooters in the marketplace with Battlefield: Bad Company 2," says Rob Dyer, SVP, Publisher Relations, SCEA. "We're happy to help DICE achieve their superior level of multiplayer excellence in the game."

"With Battlefield: Bad Company 2 we're looking to raise the bar across all aspects of our multiplayer experience, setting a new standard for online play," says Patrick Bach, Senior Producer on Battlefield: Bad Company 2. "From the graphics to the vehicles, weapons and destruction, we are delivering the best online multiplayer game next year, and we want gamers to experience it themselves by playing the beta and demo."

The Battlefield: Bad Company 2 multiplayer beta will feature the Arica Harbour map, where up to 24 players can compete in one of the game's four intense multiplayer modes called Rush. This new map displays a superb balance of vehicle and infantry combat, as the American assault unit attacks the Russian army base with full force, advancing further through a beautiful desert town and towards the industrial area in a desperate attempt to overtake the Arica Harbour. Heavy vehicle warfare on the first bases gradually turns into an intense infantry fight as the level progresses, showcasing this best-in-class online war experience.

In December 2009, DICE will invite players to participate in a PC open beta. Then, early next year, all players worldwide will get to experience this premier shooter when DICE releases a Battlefield: Bad Company 2 multiplayer DEMO on the Xbox 360 videogame and entertainment system, PlayStation 3 and PC.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 will be in stores on March 2, 2010 in North America and March 5, 2010 in Europe for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and the PC. The Limited Edition is available now for pre-order at participating retailers worldwide (while supplies last).

For more information on DICE, please visit www.dice.se. For more information on the Battlefield franchise please visit: www.battlefield.com. Or follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/OfficialBFBC2.

Original source



Infinity Ward could learn a thing or 2 from EA DICE.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-09, 05:05 PM   #2
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur
 
Mr. Hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,294
Default Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Multiplayer Beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
Found this on Rudedogs site www.fpsadmin.com

US, November 5, 2009 - Stockholm, Sweden - DICE, an Electronic Arts Inc. studio (NASDAQ: ERTS), today announced the upcoming Battlefield: Bad Company 2 multiplayer beta exclusively on the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system. Starting November 19, PlayStation 3 gamers will be able to experience the unprecedented action, destruction, vehicular warfare, squad play and open sandbox environments that only Battlefield can deliver. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 provides a true all-out war experience like no other modern warfare game. For beta key distribution details go to www.battlefield.com.

"This is an outstanding opportunity for PlayStation gamers to get early access to one of the most action-packed and polished shooters in the marketplace with Battlefield: Bad Company 2," says Rob Dyer, SVP, Publisher Relations, SCEA. "We're happy to help DICE achieve their superior level of multiplayer excellence in the game."

"With Battlefield: Bad Company 2 we're looking to raise the bar across all aspects of our multiplayer experience, setting a new standard for online play," says Patrick Bach, Senior Producer on Battlefield: Bad Company 2. "From the graphics to the vehicles, weapons and destruction, we are delivering the best online multiplayer game next year, and we want gamers to experience it themselves by playing the beta and demo."

The Battlefield: Bad Company 2 multiplayer beta will feature the Arica Harbour map, where up to 24 players can compete in one of the game's four intense multiplayer modes called Rush. This new map displays a superb balance of vehicle and infantry combat, as the American assault unit attacks the Russian army base with full force, advancing further through a beautiful desert town and towards the industrial area in a desperate attempt to overtake the Arica Harbour. Heavy vehicle warfare on the first bases gradually turns into an intense infantry fight as the level progresses, showcasing this best-in-class online war experience.

In December 2009, DICE will invite players to participate in a PC open beta. Then, early next year, all players worldwide will get to experience this premier shooter when DICE releases a Battlefield: Bad Company 2 multiplayer DEMO on the Xbox 360 videogame and entertainment system, PlayStation 3 and PC.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 will be in stores on March 2, 2010 in North America and March 5, 2010 in Europe for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and the PC. The Limited Edition is available now for pre-order at participating retailers worldwide (while supplies last).

For more information on DICE, please visit www.dice.se. For more information on the Battlefield franchise please visit: www.battlefield.com. Or follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/OfficialBFBC2.

Original source



Infinity Ward could learn a thing or 2 from EA DICE.
Like giving a console an exclusive beta for a month? Getting tired of everybody being up DICE's anus just because they are trying to blow you PC gamers. You know why? Because they make garbage games and they know you guys will lap it up.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-09, 05:12 PM   #3
Logical
Registered User
 
Logical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 2,523
Default Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Multiplayer Beta

FYI Battlefield 2, Battlefield 2142 are not garbage games and i had lots of fun on both games. I'm really looking forward to BFBC2 as im also looking forward to BF3 (supposedly a PC exclusive unoffcialy) and BF1943 PC.

And yes a beta from IW for MW2 should have seen the light of day but it didn't because IW know they wouldn't have sold as many. Just wait for release, play it and then give us your feedback...lol can't believe you fall for that crap.

Also the PS3 will get the beta exclusively then a month later PC will get the invite open beta then around january the demo will be available on XBL...but you know that already as you read the whole post didnt you.

Sick of all these console IW fanboys coming out of the woodwork.......Please don't turn this thread into a IW game is all you need thread. Thanks.....
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-09, 05:52 PM   #4
Armed_Baboon
Australian Gamer
 
Armed_Baboon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 836
Default Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Multiplayer Beta

DICE certainly do not make garbage games. BF1942 and BF2 are mainstays of the online FPS genre. Infact I would go so far as to say that along with counter strike, they are the quintessential online shooters of this decade. They are certainly the quintessential vehicle shooters.

having said that DICE hasn't done alot for PC gaming lately. And I do find it a bit perculiar that they have suddenly become the darling of the hardcore fans. Dedicated servers alone does not make a great PC game.
__________________
BaBooN_RiG: | C2D E6850 3.7GHZ | GTX295 | 4GB G.Skill DDRII 960MHZ | Gigabyte P35 DS3R | 2x WD Raptor 36GB in Raid 0 | 2x WD Caviar 320GB in Raid 0 | HP2408 24" LCD | SB Audigy2 ZS |
Armed_Baboon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-09, 06:03 PM   #5
Logical
Registered User
 
Logical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 2,523
Default Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Multiplayer Beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armed_Baboon View Post
having said that DICE hasn't done alot for PC gaming lately. And I do find it a bit perculiar that they have suddenly become the darling of the hardcore fans. Dedicated servers alone does not make a great PC game.
I would be very happy with a game that plays similar to BF2/2142 with the addition of updated visuals. Your right about the dedi servers tho, there are many games that use dedi's and fail, in saying that most FPS games that dont use dedi's fail after day1 and we have seen this repeatedly on the PC platform. I think Dice have took a step in the right direction and are aiming to please after what IW have done. Dice have seen the window of opportunity and its looking as though they have took it.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-09, 06:05 PM   #6
Armed_Baboon
Australian Gamer
 
Armed_Baboon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 836
Default Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Multiplayer Beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
I would be very happy with a game that plays similar to BF2/2142 with the addition of updated visuals. Your right about the dedi servers tho, there are many games that use dedi's and fail, in saying that most FPS games that dont use dedi's fail after day1 and we have seen this repeatedly on the PC platform. I think Dice have took a step in the right direction and are aiming to please after what IW have done. Dice have seen the window of opportunity and its looking as though they have took it.
Agree. The only good that come out of this MW2 debacle for PC gamers is for developers to to note that there is a vocal market of hardcore gamers that will love any developper that treats them right.
__________________
BaBooN_RiG: | C2D E6850 3.7GHZ | GTX295 | 4GB G.Skill DDRII 960MHZ | Gigabyte P35 DS3R | 2x WD Raptor 36GB in Raid 0 | 2x WD Caviar 320GB in Raid 0 | HP2408 24" LCD | SB Audigy2 ZS |
Armed_Baboon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-09, 05:10 AM   #7
K007
 
K007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Australia, Sydney
Posts: 9,406
Default Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Multiplayer Beta

Dice atleast is coming out with a Beta. What did MW2?...there beta product is the full retail 90USD product, they want us to pay them 90USD to beta test there game...
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-09, 06:24 AM   #8
|MaguS|
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Multiplayer Beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
Dice atleast is coming out with a Beta. What did MW2?...there beta product is the full retail 90USD product, they want us to pay them 90USD to beta test there game...
Who says they have to make it public to beta test a game? If anything IW is a far better developer considering their games often release FAR FAR less buggy then anything DICE can do. Think Mirrors Edge was the only game that they released that didn't have huge problems.
  Reply With Quote

Old 11-06-09, 06:55 AM   #9
lIqUID
whip yo ass!
 
lIqUID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 653
Default Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Multiplayer Beta

ehh since shooters on consoles are crap I might preorder it to get the key then go back and swap it for pc preorder later.
__________________
Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that wants to require every citizen to prove they are insured, but does not require them to prove that they are citizens!

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-09, 07:21 AM   #10
K007
 
K007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Australia, Sydney
Posts: 9,406
Default Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Multiplayer Beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Who says they have to make it public to beta test a game? If anything IW is a far better developer considering their games often release FAR FAR less buggy then anything DICE can do. Think Mirrors Edge was the only game that they released that didn't have huge problems.
erm...yes...because battlefield can be so compared with cod....
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-09, 08:53 AM   #11
trivium nate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,023
Default Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Multiplayer Beta

wow that looked amazing
__________________
CM-HAF-932//AMD Phenom-II-X4-965-BE-Deneb-3.4 GHz-Quad Core//CorsairH50
ASRock 770 EXTREME3 Mobo//EVGA GTX-480(1536MB GDDR5)-Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme+cooler
180GB SSD//3TB//G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB//DVD-RW//blu-Ray//1000 Watt Corsair PSU
42"Vizio TV-1920x1080-1080P-120Hertz//Win 7 Ultimate(64)//XBox360-pc controller
Saitek Eclipse 2 keyboard//Razer DeathAdder Mouse//250gb-Xbox 360//160gb-PS3
trivium nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-09, 08:59 AM   #12
Logical
Registered User
 
Logical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 2,523
Default Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Multiplayer Beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Who says they have to make it public to beta test a game? If anything IW is a far better developer considering their games often release FAR FAR less buggy then anything DICE can do. Think Mirrors Edge was the only game that they released that didn't have huge problems.
PC gamers say they have to make it public to beta test because not all of us are console kiddies that believe the hype shoved down our necks. Don't compare IW to DICE, there is no comparison, as a PC developer DICE will win every time.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.