Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Microsoft Windows 7

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-08-09, 11:13 PM   #37
Bearclaw

Default Re: Vista will be like AGP for some, even with Windows 7, here is why.....

Old 11-09-09, 03:43 AM   #38
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget
Default Re: Vista will be like AGP for some, even with Windows 7, here is why.....

He gets Ace of Base
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-09, 05:39 AM   #39
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Not that bringing logic to this thread will be of any hope (And its good to let the fonts run free once in a while..get some air and all), if the laptop is still kicking around with agp then its a dated chipset. If you wanna bechmark it against other dated pcie chipsets that is fine... but compare it to a more modern pcie chipset with descrete graphics and you'll find agp conks out fairly early in the game. Especialy since alot of the laptop based video cards turn to system ram for some help, something that requires speed that agp can't cope with.

Thanks for the laugh.
Old 11-10-09, 07:16 AM   #40
B0ne
Booyah

I just have the cable from my monitor plugged into a block of cheese.
Old 11-10-09, 08:01 AM   #41
ViN86

The fact that they have discontinued AGP prevents the OP from seeing real numbers. This keeps him locked in this mindset that somehow PCIe is inferior.

The industry never moves towards inferior interfaces/buses/etc. There is a steady progression. Also, the advantage of PCIe is that you can increase the number of lanes when bandwidth requirements increase, while still maintaining full backwards compatibility.

If AGP is so superior, then why is it impossible to run SLi on AGP? PCIe has the necessary bandwidth, but AGP cannot hack it.

I have posed this question to the OP many times, but he refuses to answer. Why? Because the answer doesn't agree with his viewpoint.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-09, 08:32 AM   #42
B0ne
Booyah

TBH its some kid with a delusion of AGP being superior because he can't get PCIe but desperatly wants it, or much more likely a joker, getting laughs out of everyones reactions to such silly statements.
Old 11-10-09, 08:57 AM   #43
DiscipleDOC

I just wanted to join the bandwagon by saying that the OP is a lunatic. There's no way that wei score is real. If you believe that your agp hardware will outscore the lowest of pcie hardware, then you've proven my point that DRUGS ARE FOR LOSERS.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-09, 09:26 AM   #44
Starscream
Decepticook

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscipleDOC View Post
I just wanted to join the bandwagon by saying that the OP is a lunatic. There's no way that wei score is real. If you believe that your agp hardware will outscore the lowest of pcie hardware, then you've proven my point that DRUGS ARE FOR LOSERS.
Doc there is a ton of crap PCI-E vid cards. I have an ATI X300SE sitting on my shelf and there are a TON of agp vid cards that are faster than that PCI-E card.

That said the original poster is drawing some pretty weird conclusions by comparing two very different cards.

Old 11-10-09, 12:04 PM   #45
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revs View Post
What the **** is this ****??? ololololol

EDIT:

EDIT2 -53: Ha!nAna

Best reply yet; :::::

I reinstalled my radeon 7000 because of this thread. I didn't change out my P5E though, but I KNOW if I can get it to boot...dominance will be mine as well....

\Stewie\thread

Old 11-10-09, 05:21 PM   #46

I will have to make this quick as I am heading out soon to woo a hussy.

1: There is no AGP SLI because the manufacturers betrayed AGP in an effort to sell new motherboards and video cards. That said, there are benifits to non sli or crossfire, one of which being increased air flow.

I would also like to add that you also have the added intangable factor with AGP, like having a mint Mustang or Corvette or Camaro from the 1960's in pristine condition rather then buying a new one. You can enjoy both but there is something special about OLD SCHOOL DOMINANCE . So if say Quake Wars Enemy Territory or Counterstrike Source are played at full max setting perfectly, the AGP intangable adds to the DOMINANCE.

Also that wei score is ABSOLUTELY correct. I ran the test again and it is 7.0. Another lowly PCI-E user whose obviously in denial & jealous of AGP. Perhaps the less complicated a system is, and with increased airflow adds to the experience. I also know everything from Battlefield 2142 & heroes to Quake Wars to everything other then crysys (which I don't own so not on issue) runs on Carl AS ROCK Weathers at highest setting PERFECTLY.

Also to the poster who said I couldn't afford PCI-E or am insincere, in previous posts i SPECIFICALLY stated that I chose Carl AS ROCK Weathers motherboard because it had AGP. Considering I bought the AGP Card at the same time, and the MB and HD 3850 were going for about the same price as lowly PCI-E motherboard and 8800 GTS card at the time, well that speaks for itself sir.

As for the question of re-upgrading to AGP, if you have the right AGP hardware & a POWERFUL processor, you will not be disappointed. Windows 7 especially seems to prefer AGP I believe.
3777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-09, 06:06 PM   #47
Bearclaw

"OLD SCHOOL DOMINANCE" isn't dominance at all. Sure, it might be cool to have an old '67 corvette or mustang but the NEWER, MORE POWERFUL models will DESTROY the older versions.

Same with video cards.

Crap, I've resorted to CAPS in certain words. :headepxlode:
Old 11-10-09, 06:33 PM   #48
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0ne View Post
I just have the cable from my monitor plugged into a block of cheese.
mild cheddar?
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote