Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-08-09, 02:18 AM   #25
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Default Re: Visually impaired gamer sues Sony Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
braille? (sp?)
She could spell out the answer with her tongue on the lumps of my man boob nipples.
8 Gigs Kingston 1333 DD3
Asus VH238H 23" LED 2ms
WD 1TB Caviar Black 64MB cache SATA 6 Gb/s
CM Silent Pro 850 Watt

Band: http://www.myspace.com/hollowappostle
Fuku2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-09, 02:21 AM   #26
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuku2 View Post
She could spell out the answer with her tongue on the lumps of my man boob nipples.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-09, 03:43 AM   #27
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaitoSan View Post
Yes it has something to do this and why are you guys complaining about games like lack of mouse support, blurry textures or even no dedicated servers? It shouldn't be any different. At least this person have better reasons to complain. I don't even know what exactly happened between him and SOE or the motivation to file a lawsuit against SOE (the article is pretty vague in details).

But if you can actually read... "...Sony ignored repeated requests through postal mail and e-mail to come up with reasonable modifications to its games to make them more accessible."

He's not asking how game's being made. He's not asking for money. He's asking for "reasonable" modifications (like, maybe enlarge the text, or high contrast colors for UI via patch or something). I don't think he's asking for something impossible. Again, SOE should at least reply and figure something out than flat out ignoring his requests.
Maybe he was using an obsolete email this whole time. I mean it's possible, he is blind.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-09, 04:54 AM   #28
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
But if you can actually read... "...Sony ignored repeated requests through postal mail and e-mail to come up with reasonable modifications to its games to make them more accessible."

He's not asking how game's being made. He's not asking for money. He's asking for "reasonable" modifications (like, maybe enlarge the text, or high contrast colors for UI via patch or something). I don't think he's asking for something impossible. Again, SOE should at least reply and figure something out than flat out ignoring his requests.
What they could have done to be nice isn't the point, a lawsuit is completely ridiculous. They could release games that only produced sound at decible levels 10% of people can hear if they wanted to... it is their decision.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-09, 05:51 AM   #29
JT8D-9A
unregistered

But what else should he do if they ignore him? Sony can certainly do what they want but ignoring people who are willing to pay isn't very clever.
He is simply trying to change something.

BTW, visually impaired doesn't necessarily mean someone is blind.
JT8D-9A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-09, 05:59 AM   #30
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Yeah I know, but still, Everquest II, why that game. As the article states WOW allows mods, why not switch to that game?

BTW I'm going to start emailing Ford, when I go to bone my gf in my car there just isn't that much room, I sometime get a cramp and have to stop, then when I go to bone my gf again she says there is no way. :: If they don't write back I'll sue.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-09, 06:12 AM   #31
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT8D-9A View Post
But what else should he do if they ignore him? Sony can certainly do what they want but ignoring people who are willing to pay isn't very clever.
I am assuming they think the visually impaired market is too small to be worth the bother, which it probably is, and that is well within their rights.

The lawsuit depends on the game being a public place basically, but the subscription charge makes that completely false, if not the fact it is not a place, but a video game.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-09, 06:24 AM   #32
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
What they could have done to be nice isn't the point, a lawsuit is completely ridiculous. They could release games that only produced sound at decible levels 10% of people can hear if they wanted to... it is their decision.
You're still missing the point. Have you even thought that maybe filing a lawsuit is like last attempt to get SOE's attention?

So, tell me what's technical support or customer service for? To help people with their problems or needs, right? So, how come they, according to article, ignored many requests from him? Something's not right. Of course, unless he went ape**** and wrote nasty letters to them.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-08-09, 06:28 AM   #33
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
I am assuming they think the visually impaired market is too small to be worth the bother, which it probably is, and that is well within their rights.

The lawsuit depends on the game being a public place basically, but the subscription charge makes that completely false, if not the fact it is not a place, but a video game.
Here's some facts you might want to know.

About 314 million people are visually impaired worldwide, 45 million of them are blind.

My guess, maybe 1/3 of them play games (blind people do play games as well with special equipments). Still a lot of numbers.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-09, 10:07 AM   #34
ViN86

Quote:
Yes it has something to do this and why are you guys complaining about games like lack of mouse support, blurry textures or even no dedicated servers? It shouldn't be any different. At least this person have better reasons to complain. I don't even know what exactly happened between him and SOE or the motivation to file a lawsuit against SOE (the article is pretty vague in details).

I think you're letting your emotions blind your reasoning on the issue.

How many requests for different features do you think Sony receives every day? Are they supposed to respond to him and no one else because he's blind? Does that make all the other requests less deserving?

The fact is, Sony probably receives thousands of requests for a wide array of features and his were treated like the rest: they were ignored. Games are not designed for the masses although some believe they are. Games serve a niche market and when you start trying to please everyone, you end up adding lots of features that cost the company a lot of money and benefit a small group of people.

From a business standpoint, it makes no sense whatsoever to try and accommodate everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT8D-9A View Post
He is simply trying to change something.

BTW, visually impaired doesn't necessarily mean someone is blind.
Here's a crazy idea... how about he stops buying Sony products and giving his money to a company that ignores him.

What the hell is wrong with people today? Just because something bothers them they go and sue everyone they can. It's ridiculous.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-09, 10:20 AM   #35
ViN86

Quote:
You're still missing the point. Have you even thought that maybe filing a lawsuit is like last attempt to get SOE's attention?

So, tell me what's technical support or customer service for? To help people with their problems or needs, right? So, how come they, according to article, ignored many requests from him? Something's not right. Of course, unless he went ape**** and wrote nasty letters to them.
I think you're missing everyone else's point.

Lawsuits are not supposed to be used to "get someone's attention". They tie up court time over bull**** issues. A legitimate response to this issue would be to boycott Sony and inform other associations for the visual and/or hearing impaired and get them to boycott Sony as well. That would be a legitimate response. Not a lawsuit.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-09, 12:01 PM   #36
JT8D-9A
unregistered

Not if he wants to change something in general and when they totally ignore him.
JT8D-9A is offline   Reply With Quote