Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-10-10, 08:32 AM   #1189
Burnt_Ram

Default Re: Official Modern Warfare 2 Feedback (PC) Thread

lately the best ping ive had is always above 100 i thought with my 15mbps connection i would see better pings, but no ...
Burnt_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-10, 09:44 AM   #1190
Crow_Nest
Ace Spammer

Send a message via MSN to Crow_Nest

I usually get about 4 - 6 bars at the most. If im lucky, maybe 7 - 8. Even so if the host sucks, everyone in the server will start teleporting.

Btw i just tried some spec ops coop with a friend, and WTF this game doesnt even support ingame chat or even microphone for spec ops? And they dare call it a COOPERATIVE game mode? What a joke. Maybe in modern warfare the military doesnt need to communicate with one another on the battlefield.
| Hitachi 1TB SATA3 HDD | Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700W |
| Cooler Master Centurion 5 II Casing | Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 |

Laptop : Lenovo IdeaPad Y450
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce G110M 256MB |
| 4GB DDR3 SDRAM | Western Digital 320GB | 14.1' LED Backlit Screen |

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=73666&dateline=135279  2183
Crow_Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-10, 09:56 AM   #1191
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
Double Click Call of Duty MW1, Select join Server, select filters, hit refresh, set ping order...join.
Where is your anger at Valve for getting rid of the server browser in L4D2? It's about providing a faster and smoother experiance. The average gamer doesn't care, im sorry but you are in a very small minority. You can point out any petition you want but those are usually full of fake signatures and even then they are also a vast small number of people compared to the amount of people who purchased the game.

If PC Gamers REALLY cared about dedicated servers, server browsers and mods then MW2 would have sold less on the PC then MW1 did but it didn't It actually outsold it by a significant amount so your argument is over. The PC Gaming community has proven that THEY DON'T CARE. The game is fun and it sold well across all platforms.
Old 01-10-10, 11:36 AM   #1192
ATi
RooR

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
. The game is fun and it sold well across all platforms.
yup fun game
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 2 x 4GB 1648
HD1.5tb
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
corsair620HX
Windows7 64 home premium
Dell LED G2210
ATi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-10, 01:49 PM   #1193
K007

Quote:
Where is your anger at Valve for getting rid of the server browser in L4D2? It's about providing a faster and smoother experiance. The average gamer doesn't care, im sorry but you are in a very small minority. You can point out any petition you want but those are usually full of fake signatures and even then they are also a vast small number of people compared to the amount of people who purchased the game.

If PC Gamers REALLY cared about dedicated servers, server browsers and mods then MW2 would have sold less on the PC then MW1 did but it didn't It actually outsold it by a significant amount so your argument is over. The PC Gaming community has proven that THEY DON'T CARE. The game is fun and it sold well across all platforms.
I don't play L4D, i am not into co-op games.

And a lot of people who brought MW2 didn't know about the changes, since it was a last minute release with changes.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-10, 02:27 PM   #1194
|MaguS|

Quote:

And a lot of people who brought MW2 didn't know about the changes, since it was a last minute release with changes.
It was not last min at all... It was announced over a month prior to release. Even after release they continued to buy it since it has not fallen off the charts since its release.
Old 01-10-10, 03:17 PM   #1195
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
It has a versus mode, if competition is all you seek. L4D2 has two versus modes.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-10, 12:48 AM   #1196
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow_Nest View Post
I usually get about 4 - 6 bars at the most. If im lucky, maybe 7 - 8. Even so if the host sucks, everyone in the server will start teleporting.

Btw i just tried some spec ops coop with a friend, and WTF this game doesnt even support ingame chat or even microphone for spec ops? And they dare call it a COOPERATIVE game mode? What a joke. Maybe in modern warfare the military doesnt need to communicate with one another on the battlefield.
They basically tell you in game to use the Steam chat. Not sure why, seems like more overhead to me. Surely it can't have been that hard to carry the voice over from the mp?

Old 01-11-10, 02:19 AM   #1197
K007

btw how come they got rid of the communication thing? u know...Attack left flank/blah blah/etc..
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-10, 09:00 AM   #1198
Crow_Nest
Ace Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
They basically tell you in game to use the Steam chat. Not sure why, seems like more overhead to me. Surely it can't have been that hard to carry the voice over from the mp?
Exactly. They could have easily copied the code for the chat and voice chat from the MP mode over. This is just signs of laziness and more reasons to call it another console port. Does the 360 and PS3 versions have voice chatting in spec ops?

| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce G110M 256MB |

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=73666&dateline=135279  2183
Old 01-11-10, 09:26 AM   #1199
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow_Nest View Post
Exactly. They could have easily copied the code for the chat and voice chat from the MP mode over. This is just signs of laziness and more reasons to call it another console port. Does the 360 and PS3 versions have voice chatting in spec ops?
Theres no extra overhead since steam is already running in the background. To me it sounds like they didn't care to add it in because they knew that steam would provide what they were looking for. I mean why code something if its already there...
Old 01-11-10, 10:00 AM   #1200
Crow_Nest
Ace Spammer

Quote:
Theres no extra overhead since steam is already running in the background. To me it sounds like they didn't care to add it in because they knew that steam would provide what they were looking for. I mean why code something if its already there...
Then why not remove the chat in the MP mode as well? Because steam is already running in the background.