Old 11-10-09, 04:25 PM   #181
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Official Modern Warfare 2 Feedback (PC) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
You can play with friends.

When you go into the lobby before you click 'play game' invite upto 11 friends from steam. You all get to play together on the same host. Usually the host that is picked is the player with the best connection.

You can of course use private match and create your own game with all your friends as well.
Sounds good. What is your overall reaction here logical? From what I am reading on Steam forums and such it seems most people are happy with the multiplayer.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-09, 04:36 PM   #182
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Sounds good. What is your overall reaction here logical? From what I am reading on Steam forums and such it seems most people are happy with the multiplayer.
Yes im quite pleased and pleasantly surprised. There have been times when i have connected to a host and there is lag but it isnt the kind of lag that makes players teleport but more of a response type lag. I have my ping bars set at 5 and with 3 bars or above lag isnt a probem at all.

I am of course still gutted about the lack of the competitive side of it but i have a feeling that IW might have something in the pipeline for us. It wouldn't be hard for them at all to include some sort of in house mod that can make more use of the settings in private match..small stuff like a ready up period etc.

But as for your average onliner this game is awesome and IWnet is definately an improvement on normal server type browsing.

GOTY
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-09, 04:48 PM   #183
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
Yes im quite pleased and pleasantly surprised. There have been times when i have connected to a host and there is lag but it isnt the kind of lag that makes players teleport but more of a response type lag. I have my ping bars set at 5 and with 3 bars or above lag isnt a probem at all.

I am of course still gutted about the lack of the competitive side of it but i have a feeling that IW might have something in the pipeline for us. It wouldn't be hard for them at all to include some sort of in house mod that can make more use of the settings in private match..small stuff like a ready up period etc.

But as for your average onliner this game is awesome and IWnet is definately an improvement on normal server type browsing.

GOTY
Really?

Maybe for the average idiot this is true, but my understanding was that the majority of people enjoy being able to choose their map and number of players to play with. Including server configurations, etc.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-09, 04:51 PM   #184
methimpikehoses

ViN, gift me this game on steam and I'll check it out for everyone.
Old 11-10-09, 05:13 PM   #185
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Really?

Maybe for the average idiot this is true, but my understanding was that the majority of people enjoy being able to choose their map and number of players to play with. Including server configurations, etc.
How often have you picked a server for a map alone...chances are if you joined say a cod4 server specifically to play crash map then once you get into the game theres only like 2 mins on the map left.

I do see where your coming from tho and IWnet is restricted as far as server configurations and number of players go. In saying that (i'll probs get flamed for this) MW2 maps are not at all designed for more than 9 per side, don't get me wrong the maps are of a decent size with the exception of 2 or 3 but it is the way they are designed that makes 6v6 - 8v8 plausible, I think anymore in game than that and it would become overcrowded and affect the balance of the game. The rotation of the spawns makes you believe there are more playing than there actually is in the TDM gametype.

The reason i think public players will like IWnet more is because of the ease of use..literally it takes 5 seconds and 2 mouse clicks and your ingame playing 'from the start' of a map.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-09, 05:24 PM   #186
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

So I let my girlfriend play the infamous airport level. She was giddy and giggling as she mowed down civilians and told me afterward it was "fun." She said it was just a game and she didn't think about it much at all.

I have to say, I myself did not shoot any civilians, only cops, and this was because that is what I imagined my character would do.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 11-10-09, 05:24 PM   #187
Yaboze

I tried the MP and obviously started as level or rank 1. I was put in a match with level 16-22++ guys with all of their unlocked classes and weapons.

Does that defeat the purpose of a matchmaking system?
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-09, 05:26 PM   #188
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
So I let my girlfriend play the infamous airport level. She was giddy and giggling as she mowed down civilians and told me afterward it was "fun."
You have one hour to get out alive.
The clock starts now.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-10-09, 05:27 PM   #189
hokeyplyr48
hooah

Send a message via AIM to hokeyplyr48

yea I'm gonna have to side with Vin86 on this one, I like choosing maps and servers (especially the 24/7 broadcast ones) and not being able to choose this is absolutely retarded.

Also the fact that its 9v9....wtf

I refuse to give them any money and will wait till they fix it and make it the way every other single game is online.
CPU:Q6600 @ 3.5 w/ Ultra 120 extreme|| RAM: 4x2GB G. Skill || Motherboard: ABIT IP35 Pro || VideoCard: eVGA 260GTX & 7200GS for triple monitoring || Sound Card: Creative X-FI xtremegamer || Hard Drive: 2 x 150GB Raptor in RAID 0 (OS and Program Files) | 1 x 150GB Raptor (User Drive) | 1 x WD 2TB HD SATA II | 1 x 1TB Seagate | 1 x WD 500 GB HD SATA II | 1 x Seagate 400 GB HD SATA II | 1 x WD 160 GB HD IDE (slow, only for storage) || Monitor: Dell 30" 3007WFP LCD, Acer 22" widescreen, & Gateway 17" || Case: Antec 900 || PSU: 1 KW athenatech or force or something PSU || Keyboard: Logitech G15 || Mouse: Logitech MX 518 || OS: Windows 7 Build 7201 x64

Secondary Rig: FX-60, 7900GTX, 2 x 1BG OCZ Platinum, A8N32-SLI Deluxe, Antec 180, XP x32
hokeyplyr48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-09, 05:37 PM   #190
ahheadlock

Quote:
However, all the “filtering” options mentioned in interviews are total BS. Your options are only to choose the gametype (some of which are initialy locked, all the way to level 19! .. your just not allowed to choose that game type.. -_- theres one use for IW-net.). other than that, no control – you cant pick how many players, skill level, old school (doesn’t exist), custom time limits, custom player numbers (Deathmatch is 6 v 6 and there is nothing you can do a bout it). If your trying “customize” your game, then you better have game type in mind, because you cant even select maps – you can only vote to skip the map. 7 votes are needed out of the 12 to skip a map. Yep, IW-net controls EVERYTHING. i can see where they where going with this – make it easier and what not but seriously, selecting a map, game type, time limit, etc like you could in MW was not that hard. does IW take its customers to be mentally handy capped in some (or all) ways?

oh and lag: Unless your on 4 bars (max), you WILL have noticeable lag. at first tiny, but eventually you’ll start seeing enemies die after you’ve emptied a clip/reloaded, fall damages registering 3 or 4 seconds later, etc.
so you cant filter by location?

thats a deal breaker. nothing worse than ending up playing a bunch of americans and being that one guy with the 400 ping. i want to be able to set it so that i only get fellow aussies.
ahheadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-09, 05:39 PM   #191
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokeyplyr48 View Post
yea I'm gonna have to side with Vin86 on this one, I like choosing maps and servers (especially the 24/7 broadcast ones) and not being able to choose this is absolutely retarded.

Also the fact that its 9v9....wtf

I refuse to give them any money and will wait till they fix it and make it the way every other single game is online.
So... you haven't played it either. Everyone who is still negative has not played it.

Old 11-10-09, 05:40 PM   #192
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahheadlock View Post
so you cant filter by location?

thats a deal breaker. nothing worse than ending up playing a bunch of americans and being that one guy with the 400 ping. i want to be able to set it so that i only get fellow aussies.
It chooses by location for you, it only matches you with people with good ping for your connection. It's supposed to make it so you don't have to bother choosing the right location for your game, it does it for you.