Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-10-09, 09:58 PM   #229
Retrolock

Default Re: Official Modern Warfare 2 Feedback (PC) Thread

MW2 here is cheaper on retail than Steam. I ****ing hope I don't pass by our local retail stores. I need to leave my wallet at home lol. And yeah, great screenshots guys and the gametrailers review made me want to have the game, even though I said I am waiting for it to go on sale lol
Old 11-10-09, 10:27 PM   #230
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Long quick look video from giantbomb for the PC multiplayer: http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-...-2-pc/17-1622/
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-09, 10:46 PM   #231
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Long quick look video from giantbomb for the PC multiplayer: http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-...-2-pc/17-1622/

Surprised those contradicting clowns decided to quick look the PC version, I guess so they can be even more condescending with there jabs about PC gamers feeling some sort of entitlement just because the fundamentals of a game that started out on PC changed.
S.I.N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-09, 10:51 PM   #232
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N View Post
Surprised those contradicting clowns decided to quick look the PC version, I guess so they can be even more condescending with there jabs about PC gamers feeling some sort of entitlement just because the fundamentals of a game that started out on PC changed.
Eh? Giantbomb is very respectful of the PC. I think you are thinking of gametrailers.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 11-10-09, 10:54 PM   #233
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
stabbing fools.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-09, 11:02 PM   #234
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

Quote:
Eh? Giantbomb is very respectful of the PC. I think you are thinking of gametrailers.
Not on there podcasts. I usually like listening to them but there discussions on the changes for the server side of MW2 for the PC really got to me as it was clear there had no idea what they were talking and at the same time seem to go out of there way to be condescending with there "PC gamers are looking for entitlements" crap.
Old 11-10-09, 11:05 PM   #235
Nitz Walsh

I don't get the "Welp PC version doesn't have dedicated servers so I'm getting the 360 version" unless you have a staple of 360 friends who will be getting it. Those screenshots alone make me want to get it for the PC, albeit not at its current price.

Cripes the console versions run at a pathetic 1024x640 with crap filtering and dip below 60fps many times, any decent PC rig with a $150 GPU can probably run this at 1080p at a constant 60fps, simply no comparison.

BTW does it support the 360 pad natively this time? If I get it I would probably play SP on my HDTV with a pad at times, be nice to have FF and not have to resort to Pinnacle game profiler.
Nitz Walsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-09, 11:10 PM   #236
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N View Post
Not on there podcasts. I usually like listening to them but there discussions on the changes for the server side of MW2 for the PC really got to me as it was clear there had no idea what they were talking and at the same time seem to go out of there way to be condescending with there "PC gamers are looking for entitlements" crap.
Ah, I never listened to the podcasts. I know in this quick look they talk about how PC games are getting more and more like console games in these multiplayer aspects and how that is a good thing, not a bad thing, for the average consumer. I don't consider that disrespectful of the PC, I consider that to be a very true statement.

It is important to divorce the hardcore clanners from the average PC gamer when assessing these statements.

Old 11-10-09, 11:18 PM   #237
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Well I got it and it's really awesome. No lag problems, multiplayer game runs amazingly well and looks fantastic, and the sound as usual is amazing. Don't give a **** about lack of dedicated servers!

Also, what NarcissistZero said. You can jump into games instantly, the new perks system provides some support for weaker/new players, and overall the game feels more polished. I enjoy the way it's designed. For dedicated servers and mods, there's always CoD4.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-09, 11:37 PM   #238
methimpikehoses

hmmm
Old 11-10-09, 11:39 PM   #239
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by methimpikehoses View Post
hmmm
+1
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-09, 11:46 PM   #240
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

Quote:
Ah, I never listened to the podcasts. I know in this quick look they talk about how PC games are getting more and more like console games in these multiplayer aspects and how that is a good thing, not a bad thing, for the average consumer. I don't consider that disrespectful of the PC, I consider that to be a very true statement.

It is important to divorce the hardcore clanners from the average PC gamer when assessing these statements.
I really hate this term hardcore as its such crap and makes the average consumer seem retarded. And wanting dedicated servers so you can play with those you are use to on a favorite map when you want to is not hardcore and in fact is the simple basics for a PC game made in the past decade so those casuals should be use to it. Moreover getting into a game of WOW is more hardcore as it has commands all over the place.

That said even with this backwards **** by IW I still think COD4 vets should get this the minute they can grab it for $50 or under because its worth it regardless of that.