Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-06-10, 04:31 PM   #1153
methimpikehoses

Default Re: Official Modern Warfare 2 Feedback (PC) Thread

Haven't played in 2 weeks.......>>>>>>>>>
Old 01-06-10, 05:02 PM   #1154
Quick420

I hit 70 and bailed,too many cheaters and no way to stop them.
2x2gb Ddr2 1066mhz 4-4-4-12 1T
3xWD WD5000AAKS 500gb/sata300/ 1xSeagate 320gb Ide(tuuunz)
X-fi Fatality Pro*ASUS VH242H 24"LCD*:::Windoze 7-64bit:::
Sony DvD/Ram-Drive
Logitech G25
3dmark06 17,898 Vantage 12,851

If the light is GREEN the trap is clean
Quick420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-10, 06:38 PM   #1155
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by methimpikehoses View Post
Haven't played in 2 weeks.......>>>>>>>>>
congrats.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-10, 02:23 AM   #1156
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
The simple fact is more casual online gamers don't give a **** about all that. Not on little bit. They want to click "multiplayer" and have a game come up and they can play, that's all they want. Servers and intense mods and stuff is just annoying, I played Unreal Tournament recently and it was just absurd what people are doing on those servers.

I'm not saying they are wrong, but IW is after the common man and the common man hates all that garbage. Hence IWNet (and Xbox Live).
First of....UT is garbage..if u mean UT3. Second off any time you join a server with a MOD, it will download automatically off the server and load the game up for you, it also tells on the server name "Promod vx.x S&D" / etc. Third off connecting to a server is simple, one of the key things (i dont know about usa) is that the ISP your with will be hosting local servers for pretty much any game with multiplayer.

I am with Telstra (ISP) and the site GameArena is their gaming site, with servers/etc, you can even connect off from the website, or download The Arena, which is a small program that shows any game that you own and its servers, it also has other tab which has servers to other local isps.

I find it VERY hard to believe that anyone with half a brain cant simply go to server browser in the game, hit search, sort by ping, set filter to not show empty servers, pick your game type and boom ure away. If u love the server, just add it to your favourites.

Are you telling me that console players are too stupid to figure that out? Btw its far worse as it is now with iwnet, host migration fails, intermission bugs, lobby bugs.
IWNET is perfect for SpecOPS/Co-OP. Not for multiplayer.

Check this out.

vs 20-30 ping for everyone and thats with over 64 players...and it can handle more if you want. With 99.9% uptime...

I know for console people..this is fine...but seriously ...why downgrade the PC version..and how does it become GOTY for PC at GT...
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-10, 03:42 AM   #1157
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

that map sucks balls
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-10, 05:00 AM   #1158
K007

Hate rundown/derail/sub...can't do much with the selection...also hate that forest map...raining..
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-10, 08:12 AM   #1159
Crow_Nest
Ace Spammer

Send a message via MSN to Crow_Nest

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
Hate rundown/derail/sub...can't do much with the selection...also hate that forest map...raining..
I feel the same too. Derailed has to be one of the worst maps i have ever played in a video game. In fact, all the maps in MW2 suck probably except afghan IMO.
| Hitachi 1TB SATA3 HDD | Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700W |
| Cooler Master Centurion 5 II Casing | Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 |

Laptop : Lenovo IdeaPad Y450
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce G110M 256MB |
| 4GB DDR3 SDRAM | Western Digital 320GB | 14.1' LED Backlit Screen |

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=73666&dateline=135279  2183
Crow_Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-10, 10:06 AM   #1160
DansFace

MW2 stresses me out almost as bad as playing 4 player on the new wii mario.. a game has never made me want to punch my buddy watching me in the face.
I'm tired of getting shot in the back...too used to TF2 I guess

i5 2500k @ 5.0 GHZ cooled with a H70, ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3, CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) , Radeon 6970 2GB, X-Fi Music, and Corsair 650w
DansFace is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-10, 11:07 AM   #1161
mojoman0

yea the way the maps are layed out and the spawning system you get shot in the back like crazy! BFBC2 come out already, if I'm going to get shot in the back I want to have it done grandly!
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-10, 12:24 PM   #1162
ViN86

The spawning is by far the worst thing in the game. I constantly respawn then die within 3 seconds because the stupid ass game decided to spawn me in the middle of 5 enemies. That makes me want to punch a baby.

And the game lags horribly with shots. I can tell when my connection isn't as good because I shoot people multiple times, then they manage to shoot me and kill me. That pisses me off big time.

Since then I have moved to Hardcore. It cuts out some of the bull**** because people can't find you immediately when you spawn (no radar) and it doesn't take a full clip to kill a person.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-10, 12:34 PM   #1163
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
The simple fact is more casual online gamers don't give a **** about all that. Not on little bit. They want to click "multiplayer" and have a game come up and they can play, that's all they want. Servers and intense mods and stuff is just annoying, I played Unreal Tournament recently and it was just absurd what people are doing on those servers.

I'm not saying they are wrong, but IW is after the common man and the common man hates all that garbage. Hence IWNet (and Xbox Live).
Even the casual PC player would prefer dedicated servers and theres over 250,000 signatures to prove it.

Fact is IW have F***ed up with IWNET...i say keep **** like that to console where it belongs....with the less than casual players...us SERIOUS gamers prefer to have things done traditionally with dedicated servers, its part of the reason we game on PC's.

As for mods being annoying... i really dont understand that statement...if u dont like modded servers then dont play on them, you have the option to filter modded servers out in server browsers such as xfire.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-10, 02:17 PM   #1164
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
Even the casual PC player would prefer dedicated servers and theres over 250,000 signatures to prove it.
Those signatures, like all internet petitions, mean nothing. Faked, exaggerated, some people probably never intended to buy the game and signed for the hell of it, or for a friend. You know what DOES matter? Sales. Sales, sales, sales.

PC MW2 is selling extremely well, it hasn't been out of the top Steam sellers since launch except for the Christmas sale, and even then it was in the top 10 and 20 at full price next to $5 sale games.

Not to mention the fact the console versions outsell the PC ones like 10 to 1 and have no dedicated servers either.

Sales show IW it doesn't matter, or that people even prefer it the other way.

Quote:
Fact is IW have F***ed up with IWNET...i say keep **** like that to console where it belongs....with the less than casual players...us SERIOUS gamers prefer to have things done traditionally with dedicated servers, its part of the reason we game on PC's.
Serious gamers? You sound so elitist, just like I do I guess when I talk about dumbing down RPGs and such. Still, face it, the industry is moving in a mainstream direction, not much we can do about it. Even serious shooter fans seem to prefer ease of use over quality, as is the human paradigm.

Quote:
As for mods being annoying... i really dont understand that statement...if u dont like modded servers then dont play on them, you have the option to filter modded servers out in server browsers such as xfire.
And filtering server browsers is exactly the kind of thing that more casual gamers do not want to bother with, exactly my point.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote