Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-07-10, 02:39 PM   #1165
Mr Bigman
Strongest Man On Earth

Send a message via AIM to Mr Bigman Send a message via MSN to Mr Bigman Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Bigman
Default Re: Official Modern Warfare 2 Feedback (PC) Thread

I was wondering what with the showcases at the end of game?

I can choose it as a mission and shoot them inside their miros too.

It said something about infinityward so why is this a mission and whats the soul purpose of the map?
Three EVGA 285 SLI
Antec 1200
Corsiar 1000 HX Power Supply
2 OCZ SSD Hard Drives
4 wd black edition raid 2 setups for 4TB

Old 01-07-10, 02:50 PM   #1166
DansFace

I rather like IWnet... I don't ever have to wait for my fav servers to not be full...but it does make it harder to meet some people to play online with.
It's nice to just click "play game" and it finds one in seconds

it works well for some games.. and not so well for others.
Look how much of a fail team fortress 2 is on xbox 360.. could you even imagine playing that that game without dedicated servers on the PC?

i5 2500k @ 5.0 GHZ cooled with a H70, ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3, CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) , Radeon 6970 2GB, X-Fi Music, and Corsair 650w
DansFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-10, 03:48 PM   #1167
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Those signatures, like all internet petitions, mean nothing. Faked, exaggerated, some people probably never intended to buy the game and signed for the hell of it, or for a friend. You know what DOES matter? Sales. Sales, sales, sales.

PC MW2 is selling extremely well, it hasn't been out of the top Steam sellers since launch except for the Christmas sale, and even then it was in the top 10 and 20 at full price next to $5 sale games.

Not to mention the fact the console versions outsell the PC ones like 10 to 1 and have no dedicated servers either.

Sales show IW it doesn't matter, or that people even prefer it the other way.
Have you been on the IW forums lately ?

Quote:
Serious gamers? You sound so elitist, just like I do I guess when I talk about dumbing down RPGs and such. Still, face it, the industry is moving in a mainstream direction, not much we can do about it. Even serious shooter fans seem to prefer ease of use over quality, as is the human paradigm.
I dont know what your interpretation of a serious shooter fan is but the ones i know certainly do not prefer IWnet over dedicated servers as is which you are saying in the last sentence. There are a few pre-invite players such as myself that play MW2 casually because we have no choice. The game fails competitivly. There are many other invite only players who moved onto other games or have gone back to cod4. Heres a link to TEK9..the biggest european community for competitive gaming...have a good read and you will see how the competitive community feel about MW2....i will tell u in advance that you will only read from thousands of players what i have already told you but are unwilling to accept. http://www.tek-9.org/

Also there is only IW forcing us to use this lowly P2P console crap..not the industry. Both MoH and BFBC2 have been confirmed that they will use dedicated servers along with other smaller titles such as delta force angel falls etc.

I havent been to a LAN since summer and do not see myself attending one untill BFBC2 or MoH2010 and my team has been in hibernation since erm lets seee ahh there it is...MW2's release.

Quote:
And filtering server browsers is exactly the kind of thing that more casual gamers do not want to bother with, exactly my point.
Its the sort of thing console players don't like to do....i and many others are not console players..if i wanted the ease of use id use a console...but PC gaming as far more benefits for me.

I dont think there was many people especially the casual player that knew about IWnet before they bought the game. I reckon many were expecting dedicated servers...near enough every match i play there is someone complaining about lag or reg.

I aint too bothered if IW do not release dedi servers in a patch, 2 more months and i have BFBC2 to play...might be even earlier if i get into the beta...pre order on steam to be announced. That will keep me going untill MoH which hopefully will fix all the wrongs IW have done to the PC competitive scene.

I am aware of how many copies of MW2 have been sold but to think that it has sold so many because it is the best FPS game ever made is a little thoughtless. Sales do not = an awesome game.

Today on steam there have been a high of 117,000 players on MW2 which is A LOT. However the game is almost brand new and what i do find a greater feat is that Counter Strike source had a high of 92,000 players 5 YEARS after its release date.

If you think that MW2 will have that many players in 5 years then you are kidding yourself...i reckon without dedicated servers MW2 will at the most half that in 12 months time.

Its a good game without doubt but that lasting appeal is not there as it is in other games. This is the reason that i think MW2 will die off quicker than other FPS games.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-10, 03:56 PM   #1168
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post

Today on steam there have been a high of 117,000 players on MW2 which is A LOT. However the game is almost brand new and what i do find a greater feat is that Counter Strike source had a high of 92,000 players 5 YEARS after its release date.

If you think that MW2 will have that many players in 5 years then you are kidding yourself...i reckon without dedicated servers MW2 will at the most half that in 12 months time.

Its a good game without doubt but that lasting appeal is not there as it is in other games. This is the reason that i think MW2 will die off quicker than other FPS games.
Well if we start getting 2 COD games a year in 5 years we'll be on COD 16 by then. So I would bet that iteration of COD will have 100,000+ players, obviously COD 6 won't. Tbh CS is boring to me, I tried but never really got hooked on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-10, 03:56 PM   #1169
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:

This I agree with, buy IW does not care. They got the sales. If anything they have a motivation to make sure you are NOT playing it in 5 years. That is the way things are going now, big business, mainstream gamers. These companies don't need to please the intensely hardcore to get sales anymore.

Don't misunderstand my comments in this thread, I don't agree with them, I just see why they do what they do. Is it really wrong to try and sell your game to the most people possible and make the most money? No one can really say it isn't.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-10, 04:01 PM   #1170
newparad1gm

Quote:
And Activision and Infinity Ward/Treyarch have no problem with that because they can ram the next Call of Duty down our throats by that time and charge us full price. They see the longevity and staying power of games like CS and Quake3/UT that use dedicated servers, as lost revenue due to people not buying the newer sequels. They instead want a model like Madden where people will continue shelling out top dollar every year to play the newest version of the game, with minimal effort on their part (a few graphics tweaks here, some new levels there).
Intel Core i7 3930K | Asus X79 Sabertooth | 4x4 GB G.Skill RipJaw PC3-12800 | 2x EVGA NVIDIA GTX TITAN Signature 6GB SLI | OCZ Vertex 3 240GB SSD | 2x500 GB Seagate Barracuda RAID 0 | LG BD-ROM | Cyber Acoustics CA3001WB 2.1 Speakers | SeaSonic 1250W PSU | 3x Acer GD235HZ 23.6in 120Hz | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Windows 8 Pro x64 | NVIDIA 3DVision SURROUND

CRIMSON DYNAMO:
Intel Core i7 2600K | Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H | 2x4 GB G.Skill Ripjaw PC3-12800 | XFX AMD R9 290X 4GB | Intel X-25M G2 160GB SSD | 2x250GB RAID 0 | Samsung BD-ROM | ABS SL 1050W PSU | Toshiba 42" REGZA 1080p HDTV | Antec 900 ATX | Windows 8 Pro x64

Sailor Jupiter (HTPC):
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 | ZOTAC Geforce 9300 | 2x2 GB OCZ Fatal1ty PC2-8500 | WD 1TB | Hitachi 2TB External | MediaSonic HFR2-SU3S2 4x3TB Seagate Barracuda RAID 1+0 | LG Blu-Ray/HD DVD-ROM | FSP 150W PSU | Toshiba 42" REGZA 1080p HDTV | Foxconn RS233 mini-ITX | Windows 7 Pro x86
newparad1gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-10, 04:12 PM   #1171
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by newparad1gm View Post
And Activision and Infinity Ward/Treyarch have no problem with that because they can ram the next Call of Duty down our throats by that time and charge us full price. They see the longevity and staying power of games like CS and Quake3/UT that use dedicated servers, as lost revenue due to people not buying the newer sequels. They instead want a model like Madden where people will continue shelling out top dollar every year to play the newest version of the game, with minimal effort on their part (a few graphics tweaks here, some new levels there).
Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
This I agree with, buy IW does not care. They got the sales. If anything they have a motivation to make sure you are NOT playing it in 5 years. That is the way things are going now, big business, mainstream gamers. These companies don't need to please the intensely hardcore to get sales anymore.

Don't misunderstand my comments in this thread, I don't agree with them, I just see why they do what they do. Is it really wrong to try and sell your game to the most people possible and make the most money? No one can really say it isn't.
I agree fully with both of you and fully understand IW's/Activisions intentions but it wont be too long before the general public players realise that each year they aren't getting anything new at all but a rehashed version of the last game. The competitive scene has already turned there noses up at IW which from my point of view is the start of a downfall.

I maybe wrong and IW/Activision could sell just as many on the next CoD and the one after that for the next 10 years but im quite confident they will not.

CoD4 was a massive step up from CoD2 in that it felt like a different game somehow...some prefer CoD2 over CoD4 but most do not. MW2 didnt have nowhere near the difference from CoD4 and at most of the time it feels like a modded version of CoD4 with slightly better visuals, loads more perks, killstreaks and weapons. Oh and the weapons....lol i could go on all day about the massive unbalance of weapons lol

I dont want people to think i dont like MW2..cos that isnt true. It just dioesn't suit my needs yet it is still a good game. I awarded it the biggest dissapointment of the year and also multiplayer GOTY...do you understand what i mean?
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-10, 04:13 PM   #1172
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by newparad1gm View Post
To be quite honest COD games have never disappointed me. They are always at the top of my "greatest games" list each year. I dont have a problem buying a new one so frequently as long as they continue to set the standard. I don't see how lack of dedi servers is really such a big deal for people. Grow up, move on - whatever it takes, its not a big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-10, 04:39 PM   #1173
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
I awarded it the biggest dissapointment of the year and also multiplayer GOTY...do you understand what i mean?
Yes. I played a lot of Oblivion and it was probably my GotY that year, but it was still an epic dissapointment compared to Morrowind/Daggerfall.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-10, 07:47 PM   #1174
Mr Bigman
Strongest Man On Earth

Send a message via AIM to Mr Bigman Send a message via MSN to Mr Bigman Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Bigman

Well whats with the musium galleries at the end of game?
Three EVGA 285 SLI
Antec 1200
Corsiar 1000 HX Power Supply
2 OCZ SSD Hard Drives
4 wd black edition raid 2 setups for 4TB

Old 01-07-10, 07:50 PM   #1175
trivium nate

Bman i think tis just something to interact with and have fun with
42"Vizio TV-1920x1080-1080P-120Hertz//Win 7 Ultimate(64)//XBox360-pc controller
Saitek Eclipse 2 keyboard//Razer DeathAdder Mouse//250gb-Xbox 360//160gb-PS3
trivium nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-10, 07:56 PM   #1176
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

You just shoot people, and there is a super secret fun prize if you activate the secret.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote