Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-08-10, 01:35 AM   #1177
K007

Default Re: Official Modern Warfare 2 Feedback (PC) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Not to mention the fact the console versions outsell the PC ones like 10 to 1 and have no dedicated servers either.
So...twilight New Moon made a lot of money..it must be a good movie too right?

If this game was a proper true PC version, i believe this game would have sold a lot more on the PC.

But as it stands with the Sales...there is no point in further developing MW series on the console, and this was probably what IW wanted.

Quote:
And filtering server browsers is exactly the kind of thing that more casual gamers do not want to bother with, exactly my point.
Are Casual gamers that retarded? In Cod4, u just hit filter...and say dont show mod servers...its like click 1-2...god if this is what casual gamers are...then those console gamers must be really really stupid.

I am sorry if this sounds harsh...but seriously...you gotta be ****ing kidding me about that last comment of yours.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-10, 04:47 AM   #1178
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
So...twilight New Moon made a lot of money..it must be a good movie too right?
I'm not talking about quality, I am talking about what makes money.

Quote:
Are Casual gamers that retarded? In Cod4, u just hit filter...and say dont show mod servers...its like click 1-2...god if this is what casual gamers are...then those console gamers must be really really stupid.

I am sorry if this sounds harsh...but seriously...you gotta be ****ing kidding me about that last comment of yours.
Stupid, apathetic, unknowing, uncaring... there are all kinds of ways to describe it and it depends on the person I am sure. The simple fact is YES, things like server browsers and filters are baffling to some people, mostly people who never used them and do not want to mess with it. You sound rather egotistical when you assume it is your superior intelligence that is the variable, it's much more about priorities and what you choose to care about.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-10, 06:00 AM   #1179
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by newparad1gm View Post
And Activision and Infinity Ward/Treyarch have no problem with that because they can ram the next Call of Duty down our throats by that time and charge us full price. They see the longevity and staying power of games like CS and Quake3/UT that use dedicated servers, as lost revenue due to people not buying the newer sequels. They instead want a model like Madden where people will continue shelling out top dollar every year to play the newest version of the game, with minimal effort on their part (a few graphics tweaks here, some new levels there).
and taking ideas from mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
To be quite honest COD games have never disappointed me. They are always at the top of my "greatest games" list each year. I dont have a problem buying a new one so frequently as long as they continue to set the standard. I don't see how lack of dedi servers is really such a big deal for people. Grow up, move on - whatever it takes, its not a big deal.
200-300 ping vs 20-30 ping.

Wake up..this is not an RTS.

Quote:
I'm not talking about quality, I am talking about what makes money.

Stupid, apathetic, unknowing, uncaring... there are all kinds of ways to describe it and it depends on the person I am sure. The simple fact is YES, things like server browsers and filters are baffling to some people, mostly people who never used them and do not want to mess with it. You sound rather egotistical when you assume it is your superior intelligence that is the variable, it's much more about priorities and what you choose to care about.
Double Click Call of Duty MW1, Select join Server, select filters, hit refresh, set ping order...join.

If this requires superior intelligence. Then that person shouldn't be even using a computer in the first place. If this is that hard for casual gamers...boy..are we in for more dumbed down games this year...thankfully...some PC game developers still stay true to PC gamers, and take advantage of what pc's has to offer.
Old 01-08-10, 09:58 AM   #1180
Crow_Nest
Ace Spammer

Send a message via MSN to Crow_Nest

Has anyone randomly thrown their throwing knife across the map and managed to find it? I found my by accident.
| Hitachi 1TB SATA3 HDD | Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700W |
| Cooler Master Centurion 5 II Casing | Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 |

Laptop : Lenovo IdeaPad Y450
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce G110M 256MB |
| 4GB DDR3 SDRAM | Western Digital 320GB | 14.1' LED Backlit Screen |

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=73666&dateline=135279  2183
Crow_Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-10, 02:32 PM   #1181
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

no MW3

It’s unclear where the third game will be made if IW really has gone AWOL from the series.

We were told by one dev source that a Canadian studio was handling it, but another pointed to newly-formed Sledgehammer Games, headed by ex-Visceral bosses Glen Schofield and Michael Condrey.

Sledgehammer, based in the Bay Area, is currently recruiting for a multiplayer designer with “five years experience working on current AAA multiplayer shooters for current consoles and PC.”

The identity of Sledgehammer’s first project is yet to be announced. Activision’s only Canadian developer is Vancouver-based Radical Entertainment, the studio behind last year’s free-roaming adventure, Prototype.

Rumour surrounding the Call of Duty franchise in general is escalating. A report yesterday claimed that Treyarch is currently putting together a story-focused, Vietnam-based episode in the series for release later this year.

http://www.vg247.com/2010/01/07/sour...ern-warfare-3/
Old 01-08-10, 04:17 PM   #1182
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Double Click Call of Duty MW1, Select join Server, select filters, hit refresh, set ping order...join.

If this requires superior intelligence. Then that person shouldn't be even using a computer in the first place. If this is that hard for casual gamers...boy..are we in for more dumbed down games this year...thankfully...some PC game developers still stay true to PC gamers, and take advantage of what pc's has to offer.
I said it does NOT take superior intelligence and that you are acting like it does to inflate your ego. I'm saying it is about you choosing to care to learn and others not wanting to bother because they have other priorities, nothing to do with smarts. It's funny you frame it all as you being so much smarter since you can't even muster the reading comprehension to reply to me properly.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-10, 12:41 AM   #1183
K007

All the voice chat was...Wtf why are we trying to merge...

Old 01-09-10, 09:16 PM   #1184
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

VAC really is ****. Its insane the amount of cheaters that's running around with aimbots pulling off nothing but headshots. And all the ****ing 10X prestige's.

Also the lagging is getting worse and worse and I'm getting sick of that stupid map rotations. I get to play airport like once a week yet that ****ty snow map and estate pops up so damn frequntly you should think there taunting us.
S.I.N is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-10, 10:14 PM   #1185
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

It's not just the peer 2 peer system that annoys me, it's not having things like vote map, vote kick and having situations where the rounds end (sabotage) in 2 minutes and then taking us back to the lobby...

In any case I've decided to take up the fight, so I'm packing noob tubes constantly now.
Old 01-10-10, 12:49 AM   #1186
Crow_Nest
Ace Spammer

Send a message via MSN to Crow_Nest

I was playing in a really laggy server last night, then i couldnt take it and left the server. Only to find out that the next server iwnet placed me in was just as laggy. Bull****.
| Hitachi 1TB SATA3 HDD | Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700W |
| Cooler Master Centurion 5 II Casing | Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 |

Laptop : Lenovo IdeaPad Y450
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce G110M 256MB |
| 4GB DDR3 SDRAM | Western Digital 320GB | 14.1' LED Backlit Screen |

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=73666&dateline=135279  2183
Crow_Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-10, 01:43 AM   #1187
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
200-300 ping vs 20-30 ping.

Wake up..this is not an RTS.
I always have 4 bars. Dunno where you are but my pings are certainly not 200-300. Who said anything about an RTS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-10, 03:08 AM   #1188
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
I always have 4 bars. Dunno where you are but my pings are certainly not 200-300. Who said anything about an RTS?
u might want to go edit your cfg to show 10 bars...boy u in for a surprise lol. Ping might be not much for the USA folks, but down here, we can't get business level broadband on residential houses.

All the MW1 servers are hosted on business level connections with there own computers, and its free of charge to connect to public servers, and something like $5AUD / month to rent for practice / clan wars, and with everyone on 20-30 ping.

The current 5 bar system is a joke.

Right now average ping i see on people i play with (excluding host who has 20ms), everyone is 100-150, some on 200-250+ (NZ). In a RTS game this ping is fine, but in a FPS, its terrible. Its like the good old days of people with broadband connection playing against those with dial up. In this case...its the host. But the entire IWNET is a fail with its lobby system, too many game migration fails and lobby screw ups, especially after a game ends.

Anyway enjoy your 4 bars lol.

Quote:
• Ping the measurement, in milliseconds, of how long it takes for your computer to send a signal to the host (shot fired) and receive a response (hit or miss).
• Ping below 40ms is optimal. The higher past 0ms, the worse it is.
• 100ms is considered very bad, as that means a 1/10th of a second delay between when you take an action and when you learn whether it accomplished the desired affect. Past 100ms it begins to get more and more noticeable.
• The delay begins to get particularly noticeable around 150ms (1.5 tenths of a second delay).
• NAZINet (formerly IWNet) is a P2P system, meaning you connect directly to someone's home connection. This means you are practically guaranteed a ping greater than 100ms, unless you host. Conversely, the host is practically guaranteed a ping lower than 40ms.
• P2P systems conceal the truth by showing bars instead of numbers. 4 bars means either you are host, or else mild fail. 3 bars or less is an epic fail.