Newegg Daily Deals

View Poll Results: Do you like or dislike Dragon Age
Yes I likes 54 77.14%
No I don't likes 16 22.86%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-10-09, 12:19 PM   #25
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Default Re: Yes or no. Do you like Dragon Age?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
haha, this has to be the most idiotic complaint ever. only explanation is that you completely forgot what BG and NWN were and how they played.
LOL true - I remember the first time I played Baldur's Gate thinking how slow-paced and boring it was with all the dialogue. Of course at the time I was expecting an action RPG like Diablo. Thankfully I tried the game again from a different perspective and was hooked on Bioware RPGs from then on. And having played them all (except NWN2), I can confidently say Dragon Age is their best yet.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-09, 01:29 PM   #26
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan View Post
Epic Woody Fail.

You do realize you can hit the "ESC" button and skip all the dialogue?
Yes I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13
haha, this has to be the most idiotic complaint ever. only explanation is that you completely forgot what BG and NWN were and how they played.
I'll be sure to tell you how idiotic you are next time you have a simple opinion.

I never once said the game was bad. Not once. Learn how to read. The only thing I said was basically it was too slow pace for me. I don't like slow games that talk every 3 seconds(and yes Zelda, I press ESC a lot). So sue me. I'm still playing the game. The combat is actually well thought out and pretty fun. I'm still early on in the game, so its probably going to speed up.

One thing is for sure. This game is 6000 times better than that piece of **** Torchlight you kiddies were raving about.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-09, 01:02 AM   #27
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

I'll agree with it being better than Torchlight.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-09, 01:32 AM   #28
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

I don't think you can have a "wrong" opinion, but when you bash an RPG for having too much story and dialogue, it's like bashing a book for having too many pages, it just makes you look stupid.

Not that I am saying you are wrong or stupid, I am talking appearences here.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-09, 01:33 AM   #29
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

In other words. He is just saying...
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-09, 03:16 AM   #30
CaptNKILL
CUBE

I'M JUST SAYING...
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
CaptNKILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-09, 06:04 AM   #31
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

I am one of the ones who voted no. I have rapidly lost interest in the game and dispite loving the idea of managing multiple characters (Very much like Dungion siege 1/2, and guild wars), I just don't like the way DAO manages it all.

As for torchwood... torchwood is like part of a super awesome game. If it had twice as many classes, an epic storyline, and more locals then just the floorboards beneath your feet, it would totaly own. That is, what is there totaly rocks..but there isn't enough.
Old 11-11-09, 07:01 AM   #32
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

I change my vote. Yea thats right. You heard me.

I decided to play again last night. Apparently, the non-stop dialogue part of the game, I was at the end of because now I'm fighting constantly. I am enjoying the game a lot more. I still am running into a lot of dialogue when people do talk, but I just escape through most of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd

As for torchwood... torchwood is like part of a super awesome game. If it had twice as many classes, an epic storyline, and more locals then just the floorboards beneath your feet, it would totaly own. That is, what is there totaly rocks..but there isn't enough.
Torchlight is a mindless/worthless game. You can say all day that what is there "totally rocks". I might even agree with you partially. I liked the graphics. The music in the game is top notch. It really does have "potential", but thats it. What its lacking is blatently obvious and very irritating. Torchlight is what I call a "lazy" game. Lazy being, the designers of the game were VERY lazy. Walking from floor to floor, random maps, lack of interesting skills, lack of classes, lack of specializations, lack of purpose, lack of story, lack ANY kind of originality. The game is a carbon copy of Fate and honestly isn't even as fun as Fate. Hell, I'll even go as far as to say a game made in 1999 called "DarkStone" is a hell of a lot more fun than Torchlight. Never heard of it? check it out.

Jeffmd. DAO does get better eventually. I'm having fun with it. However, I will agree with you. I liked Dungeon Siege and Guild Wars more.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-11-09, 07:40 AM   #33
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd View Post
I am one of the ones who voted no. I have rapidly lost interest in the game and dispite loving the idea of managing multiple characters (Very much like Dungion siege 1/2, and guild wars), I just don't like the way DAO manages it all.

Hey Jeffmd you might like to take a look at this mod

http://daforums.bioware.com/viewtopi...5543&forum=135

once installed it will give your party member access to 25 tactic slots on there next lvl up

it still doesnt overcome all the draw backs of the tactic rollout but will allow you (once you setup them up) to step away from the micromicromicro management that only having limited tactic slots forces you into
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-09, 10:25 AM   #34
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd View Post

You know Dragon Age is not an action RPG, right? Being that you are comparing it to a bunch of action RPGs it seems like maybe you missed the point. Not that there's anything wrong with not liking the game - just seems kind of odd to criticize the game for not being something it never tried to be in the first place.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Old 11-11-09, 10:53 AM   #35
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
You know Dragon Age is not an action RPG, right? Being that you are comparing it to a bunch of action RPGs it seems like maybe you missed the point. Not that there's anything wrong with not liking the game - just seems kind of odd to criticize the game for not being something it never tried to be in the first place.
Wasn't he the guy comapring it to WoW in the official thread?
Old 11-11-09, 11:46 AM   #36
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Wasn't he the guy comapring it to WoW in the official thread?
Ah yes I believe so.

If his only exposure to RPGs is the action RPG genre, especially if it's limited to the past 5-6 years, I can't really blame him. Anyone would think "RPG = I hit things with swords instead of guns" from that perspective.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410