Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-16-09, 12:07 PM   #61
Noriega
你妈妈喜欢的阴茎

Default Re: GTA IV PC, looks like we're getting the DLC add-ons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musman View Post
Is there a way to get AA int GTA4? I have seen people say you can but I have not seen how it is possible.

Thanks!
Yes there is some downsampling mod working which helps a lot
http://elementarybusiness.com/download_en.htm
Old 11-16-09, 01:24 PM   #62
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDanger View Post
So it was written for multiple core consoles, maybe a bad thing but there's nothing like it in terms of depth of environment and life-like physics, Cartloads of game characters all falling about realistically and bumping off cars and such and destructible environments its freakin awesome!!!
Exactly... I don't know how anyone can play the game, see the physics and then wonder why it needs a kickin' CPU.

I guess they could have completely redone the game from the ground up to use different architecture, but the PC profits wouldn't justify it.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-09, 01:29 PM   #63
musman
I Derail Threads

Thank you Norigea! I will try this tonight.
Antec Nine Hundred case. Core I-7 920 @ 3.56GHz, Noctua NH-U12P Cooler, EVGA 01G-P3-1180-AR GeForce GTX-285 1GB, EVGA GT-240 Superclocked 512Mb used as a Physx card, DFI LANPARTY JR X58-T3H6, OCZ Platinum 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3 SDRAM 1600 7-7-7-18, Intel X25-V SSD, used as a boot drive, 2X Seagate 500Gig 32MB Cache 7200RPM in RAID 0, Logitec G-15 keyboard, Logitech MX-518 Mouse, CH Combatstick 568, Xboc Controller, LG L227WTG-PF 22" LCD Monitor 1680x1050. Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit. Speakers: KRK Rokit8 studio monitors.

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/media/customer.jpg
musman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-09, 02:10 PM   #64
Sean_W

I'm sorry but people said the same thing about Crysis, "Badly optimized", "Runs like crap on my new hardware" sort of statements.

How many free roaming games with such detail compare to GTA IV with the AI and physics to match? I'm pretty sure it's a very short list, if you can even call it a list.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-09, 02:14 PM   #65
Noriega
你妈妈喜欢的阴茎

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
I'm sorry but people said the same thing about Crysis, "Badly optimized", "Runs like crap on my new hardware" sort of statements.

How many free roaming games with such detail compare to GTA IV with the AI and physics to match? I'm pretty sure it's a very short list, if you can even call it a list.
Game is not optimised well and it's true. It's not working properly scalable changing resolution and some details have sometimes no hit on performance. Also overclocking GPU gives no so big benefits like in others game not to mention that some new Ati cards have worse FPS than some old less powerfull NVidia cards.
Old 11-16-09, 04:43 PM   #66
fizzelopeguss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post

If the game was that impressive it wouldn't of had weaksauce consoles as the technical lead platform. Heavily stripped down processors that at the end of the day are inferior to the athlon 64 X2's of yesteryear.
fizzelopeguss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-09, 05:07 PM   #67
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzelopeguss View Post
If the game was that impressive it wouldn't of had weaksauce consoles as the technical lead platform. Heavily stripped down processors that at the end of the day are inferior to the athlon 64 X2's of yesteryear.
Pretty sure the processors on both consoles are rather impressive, but even if not the game is running at 720p with all those detail and draw distance settings in the basement, so it doesn't require much. Every person here bitching about performance is running at 1080p with high textures and jacked up slider bars.

Also, the game ran at like 20-25 fps on consoles a lot of the time, and people on PC freak out when it hits the low 30s.

Factor in the massive amounts of physics and AI going on at any time, along with the massive world that stays pretty detailed even in the distance, and you have a recipe for needing a lot of CPU and GPU power together.

Same thing with Crysis, the ultra settings need ultra performance, get the high-end stuff or turn down the settings... it was not badly optimised, and GTA4 isn't either.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 11-16-09, 05:33 PM   #68
fizzelopeguss

Quote:
Pretty sure the processors on both consoles are rather impressive,
Nope, they were considered stipped down even when they were released, that's why they were able to sell a "3 core lol" (xenon) processor in a console when at the time dual core was considered a grotesque luxury.

Quote:
so it doesn't require much. Every person here bitching about performance is running at 1080p with high textures and jacked up slider bars.
The game ran like **** on dual core no matter what you do, resolution, textures, geometry, shaders, car/ped numbers would bizarrely have **** all impact for many many people...all they were told is "buy 4 core processor"...err, F*CK THAT, how about i don't buy your sh*tty ass f*cking games anymore rockstar.

Quote:
Same thing with Crysis, the ultra settings need ultra performance, get the high-end stuff or turn down the settings...
It's nothing at all like crysis, crysis scales...turn down resolution, performance improves etc etc.

Old 11-16-09, 05:40 PM   #69
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzelopeguss View Post
Nope, they were considered stipped down even when they were released, that's why they were able to sell a "3 core lol" (xenon) processor in a console when at the time dual core was considered a grotesque luxury.
Isn't the cell still some massive technical powerhouse? Have you seen Uncharted 2?

I'm pretty sure both consoles have tweaked CPUs that offer great performance. The CPUs are this generation's console's strong points, and thus we need better CPUs for our PC ports.

As for the rest of your post: whatever. I don't have a dual core and haven't had one in a looooong time, so I don't know how GTA4 runs on them. All I know is it runs very smooth for me.

Old 11-16-09, 11:29 PM   #70
fizzelopeguss

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Isn't the cell still some massive technical powerhouse? Have you seen Uncharted 2?
I dunno, is the 64 x2 a massive technical powerhouse? 'cos it's inferior to that.

Quote:
The CPUs are this generation's console's strong points, and thus we need better CPUs for our PC ports.
Most do have better cpu's....vastly superior actually, the core 2 line pisses on the xenon or cell. Hence me challenging the ridiculous notion that 4 cores are nescessary for ANY console port. I don't need quad core, you don't need quad core...it's Rockstar that NEEDS to fix it's broken ****ty ass f*cking engine and get some decent load balancing in for most of it's PC customers.

Quote:
As for the rest of your post: whatever. I don't have a dual core and haven't had one in a looooong time, so I don't know how GTA4 runs on them. All I know is it runs very smooth for me.

Quote:
If you like the game, it runs best with more than 2 cores...period. Who cares why?
It's a discussion forum...i like to post.
Old 11-17-09, 06:56 AM   #71
JT8D-9A
unregistered

Hm but aren't the 3 cores of the 360 practically 6 processors because each core can run 2 hardware threads? So they can assign each thread to each "processor" on the 360 but not on the PC because on the PC the number of processors varies. I guess it's not easy to have the best solution which fits for all PCs, no matter how many cores they have.

At least they are honest with their HW requirements and the game seems to really run better with a quad. There are other games where the system requirements are total BS, where the devs told lies and where the game runs like cr#p, no matter what HW you use.
JT8D-9A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-09, 07:22 AM   #72
JT8D-9A
unregistered

Got the game today and installed it... runs and looks good with the recommended settings on my C2Duo (most high, view distance 28, 1680*1050...).
I guess i'm able to increase the details but soon i have to go to work, so no time for testing.

How do i enable/improve AA and where do i get the best mods/hi-res textures etc etc?

Btw, the requirements on the box (and only they count) are stating C2Duo 1.8 GHz. There is nothing written about quads. Support for 64 bit??
Anyways, the game runs on my C2Duo
JT8D-9A is offline   Reply With Quote