Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-25-09, 01:36 AM   #73
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR
Default Re: Rumour: Insider says MS Plans to Ban 1M Console

I know a fella that got banned, He just went out and bought another 360 so now he has one he plays pirated games on and another he uses for XBL .... Im so glad a got a PS3.
Intel i7 920 D0(Ultra-120 eXtreme) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 6GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force 3 SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Antec 900 Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-09, 10:22 AM   #74
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post
That EULA has NOTHING to do with the hardware, only the service XBLive. There are reports of hard drives being banned, and not able to start.

The bannings are banning hardware too. Such as 3rd party hard drives and memory cards.

Class action suit already underway.
http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=16930
It just shows you what DRM can do. It's awful that Microsoft or any company can do this with third party legal products.

It's Microsoft thinking again, 'We'll do whatever we want until someone says something about it'. I,m glad I haven't brought any Microsoft products, particularly an XBox360.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-09, 02:53 PM   #75
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

Datel created a product that "allows" people to mod XBOX 360 with ease. Even if Datel's not encouraging it. Memory card with a port for flash card? Bad idea. Just go withoutflash card support, then maybe Microsoft will allow that. IMO, Datel is overreacting just because it's probably one of Datel's best selling products. XBOX 360 / LIVE is Microsoft's property so yeah, they have the rights to protect it especially when it comes to abusing XBOX Live and achievements.

EULA plays a bit of role in this as well since software is being abused/modded/hacked in firmware/NXE/saved games in 360, not hardware. The most blames go to pirates/modders who screws it up for honest gamers.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-09, 03:40 AM   #76
candle_86

Send a message via MSN to candle_86 Send a message via Yahoo to candle_86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel_us View Post
If that is in the terms agreement when you purchase a Windows OS or any of its products then why would you go online with illegal software? To some extent they already do that with the Genuine Authentication software they have installed in Windows.

What rights are you exactly talking about? The software is not legally yours. You lose your rights when you break the Terms of Agreement.
incorrect, under the Supreme court ruling this spring software is purchased not licensed. Refer to the autodesk case and the decisions made in it. Any software you purchase at the store is yours, unless it states you pay useage fee to continue to use it or it must be returned at a certain data ala rented. Unless either of those 2 apply you own the software and under the clayton act anything you buy is yours to do with as you please including software. Outside of the states of course other laws apply in that respective nation, but in the states I can do anything I want to with my software. I can mod it, I can decomplie it i can do anything I want. What im not allowed to do is remove copy protection because of DMCA nor can I release the decomplied code or use it for anything at all, not even refrance lol because that is under patent. The TOS and EULA are invalid unless you pay a regular usage fee or must return said software after a specific amount of time.

Quote:
upgrade, modify, withdraw, suspend, or discontinue any functionality or feature of the Service, any game or other content available or accessible through the Service, or any hardware or software associated with the Service or with an original Xbox or Xbox 360 console, or personal computer, from time to time without notice, which may involve the automatic download of related software directly to your original Xbox, Xbox 360 console, or personal computer, including software that prevents you from accessing the Service, playing pirated games, or using unauthorized hardware peripheral devices.
this is where MS is in hot water, as I pointed out above the US Supreme court ruling on a TOS and EULA sets a president also no matter what the TOS or EULA state MS does not retain the right to modify your personal property in anyway shape or form without your expressed consent this is protected under law. They may not disable all or part of anything you own without first notifiying you at the time and you agreeing to such an idea at the time. They may not under any circumstance download any forced updates to your system or its software without your consent, that is wholey illegal as they license XBL but you own the systm and MS has zero control over the system. The best method here is to ban the account itself.
candle_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-09, 07:39 PM   #77
Marvel_us
FOOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by candle_86 View Post
incorrect, under the Supreme court ruling this spring software is purchased not licensed. Refer to the autodesk case and the decisions made in it. Any software you purchase at the store is yours, unless it states you pay useage fee to continue to use it or it must be returned at a certain data ala rented. Unless either of those 2 apply you own the software and under the clayton act anything you buy is yours to do with as you please including software. Outside of the states of course other laws apply in that respective nation, but in the states I can do anything I want to with my software. I can mod it, I can decomplie it i can do anything I want. What im not allowed to do is remove copy protection because of DMCA nor can I release the decomplied code or use it for anything at all, not even refrance lol because that is under patent. The TOS and EULA are invalid unless you pay a regular usage fee or must return said software after a specific amount of time.

this is where MS is in hot water, as I pointed out above the US Supreme court ruling on a TOS and EULA sets a president also no matter what the TOS or EULA state MS does not retain the right to modify your personal property in anyway shape or form without your expressed consent this is protected under law. They may not disable all or part of anything you own without first notifiying you at the time and you agreeing to such an idea at the time. They may not under any circumstance download any forced updates to your system or its software without your consent, that is wholey illegal as they license XBL but you own the systm and MS has zero control over the system. The best method here is to ban the account itself.
In my quote I was referring to illegally downloaded games. So it's not incorrect, the software was not purchased.

60gb PS3 Owner
PSNid: Marvel_us
Marvel_us is offline   Reply With Quote