Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-31-10, 10:51 AM   #49
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar
Default Re: ***Official 3D Dot Game Heroes Feedback Thread***

I'm having trouble getting the wood bat. Every guide online says to talk to the guy in the house by the woods which I did. Said there's a guy in Raejack that makes bats. Guides say that the old man is in the town square. I've talked to everyone in town and none of them are saying anything about bats. the old man in the town square just says something about wishing he could try a real spa egg... WTF?
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-10, 11:18 AM   #50
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar View Post
I'm having trouble getting the wood bat. Every guide online says to talk to the guy in the house by the woods which I did. Said there's a guy in Raejack that makes bats. Guides say that the old man is in the town square. I've talked to everyone in town and none of them are saying anything about bats. the old man in the town square just says something about wishing he could try a real spa egg... WTF?
Hands down the best walk through:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/971481-3...oes/faqs/59492

Quote:
Wood Bat

After clearing the Forest Temple, find the bat maker in Raejack. He'll be by the square in the center of town. If you talk to him, he'll tell you that if you bring him materials, he'll make you a bat. Then head to Wardna's House and talk to the man who tells you there's some good wood for bats in the Forest of no Return. Afterwards, go to the Forest of no Return and head 2 screens down from the sage Indigo. There's a large tree in the center of the screen, and if you walk around to the bottom of it a message pops up (only if you were directed to the forest). Say "Yes" and you'll find the Holy Wood. Talk to the bat maker again in Raejack and he'll give you the bat.
I got the wood bat following this advice. I checked out the FAQ for items, but the dungeons don't really require it imo. As long as you visit every room you're guaranteed to get everything lol.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-10, 11:25 AM   #51
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

yeah that's the walkthrough I'm reading and the old man isn't there (or either has changed his dialogue). I'm wondering if it's one of the time sensitive events where he's not there once you beat the 2nd temple.
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-10, 11:43 AM   #52
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar View Post
yeah that's the walkthrough I'm reading and the old man isn't there (or either has changed his dialogue). I'm wondering if it's one of the time sensitive events where he's not there once you beat the 2nd temple.
Check the walk through (not just the sword listing) and it will tell you if it's time sensitive. It probably is.
Old 06-02-10, 12:18 PM   #53
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Yeah... been playing this and I am disappointed about the time sensitive stuff... pretty sure I have missed a few things and that angers me . But I don't want to use a guide my first time through... so yeah .
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-10, 06:26 PM   #54
Imbroglio
xeroyphyte

all the time sensitive stuff is simple... after clear a temple just talk to everyone in the nearby village and follow their tips. that's really all it is. you don't need a guide.

oh the only tip i needed was for the sign master.... there is a rock in front of one of the sign master's signs in the upper left corner of the map. you have to hit the rock 256 times before it breaks and the sign then changes and counts towards your 10 signs. i had to use the guide for that because i had found all 10 but he kept saying I had one left (i was starting to get angry).

HT: 360 -- Sony60A3000 -- Onkyo SR605 --> Polk cs2, monitor 60s and monitor 40s w/ Bic F12 sub -- PS3
XBL:Mr X3r0 -- PSN:Mr_X3r0

Rig- Asus P6X58D Premium - intel i7 920 @3.6 - EVGA GTX570 - Corsair HX1000 - Prolimatech Mega Shadow - WD640 - COOLER MASTER ATCS 840 - OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 1600*

Imbroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-10, 09:31 PM   #55
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
Yeah... been playing this and I am disappointed about the time sensitive stuff... pretty sure I have missed a few things and that angers me . But I don't want to use a guide my first time through... so yeah .
Yea the time sensitive stuff is annoying. Like I said, a guide isn't necessary (especially in the temples), but it will give you a good idea what things are available when.

Besides, there are really only 3-4 REALLY important items, and they aren't time dependent (important swords, shields, and items). I didn't find them from the guide either, just exploring will find them easily.
Old 06-02-10, 10:59 PM   #56
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Yea the time sensitive stuff is annoying. Like I said, a guide isn't necessary (especially in the temples), but it will give you a good idea what things are available when.

Besides, there are really only 3-4 REALLY important items, and they aren't time dependent (important swords, shields, and items). I didn't find them from the guide either, just exploring will find them easily.
Yeah, but you know me... I am a trophy ***** . Last week I hit 1400 trophies .

Old 06-03-10, 07:52 AM   #57
ViN86

Quote:
Yeah, but you know me... I am a trophy ***** . Last week I hit 1400 trophies .
I almost forgot.

But the trophies in this game can be brutal. One of them requires clearing the game on Spelunker mode, which is one hit and you die regardless of how much health you have.
Old 06-04-10, 02:13 AM   #58
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

This Flame Temple or whatever is GAAAAAAAAAY. Made it to the boss but haven't beaten it yet... just saved it and quit. Played for too long straight lol.

Only thing that REALLY annoys me is when I get hit as a result of my sword NOT FREAKING ATTACKING RIGHT... the sword has weird hit detection sometimes and I can have NOTHING in front of me but it gets "blocked" by "something" and sometimes I get hit because of it. Really annoying.

Also, I hate these freaking mages. I wouldn't hate them if I could just hit them with my giant sword and murder their faces off... but in the flame temple I had to conserve magic so I could freeze crap and they put those mages EVERYWHERE.
Old 06-04-10, 10:26 AM   #59
ViN86

Quote:
This Flame Temple or whatever is GAAAAAAAAAY. Made it to the boss but haven't beaten it yet... just saved it and quit. Played for too long straight lol.

Only thing that REALLY annoys me is when I get hit as a result of my sword NOT FREAKING ATTACKING RIGHT... the sword has weird hit detection sometimes and I can have NOTHING in front of me but it gets "blocked" by "something" and sometimes I get hit because of it. Really annoying.

Also, I hate these freaking mages. I wouldn't hate them if I could just hit them with my giant sword and murder their faces off... but in the flame temple I had to conserve magic so I could freeze crap and they put those mages EVERYWHERE.
I didn't use the Freeze spell a lot. You can also block those mages with your shield (if you have the right one).
Old 06-04-10, 12:13 PM   #60
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
I didn't use the Freeze spell a lot. You can also block those mages with your shield (if you have the right one).
Yes but sometimes I am just trying to run away from them and they teleport practically on my face, so I get hit and then I am screwed over in the rest of the temple because of those weird yellow and green monsters that can take you down to like 1 freaking heart with 1 freaking hit get me because they are in a maze of blocks and the hit detection isn't very good with the freaking sword.

But the freeze spell is a requirement... unless there was another way to get rid of the fire :\.