Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-12-09, 08:24 PM   #1
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Default Irritating Flaw in Dragon Age

This backpack size is killing me. I'm actually at the point where I don't care if I have to cheat to increase backpack size. I am in the mage tower and no way possible to sell items.

I'm considering either restarting 2 entire hours of fighting... all because I need to sell backpack items. Theres no reason I should be doing this.

I'm not one to cheat normally, but if anyone knows of any cheats or mods to increase backpack size, i would very much appreciate it. At this moment right now, I can't even play the game. Thanks.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-09, 08:38 PM   #2
methimpikehoses

Default Re: Irritating Flaw in Dragon Age

Just drop less important items for now, and sell the rest later.

There's also a place to buy a bigger backpack in game, not that that helps you in the tower.
Old 11-12-09, 09:05 PM   #3
OldOfEvil
Parrots + Xanax =

Stop picking up all the creatine.
Old 11-12-09, 09:16 PM   #4
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Sell the jewels and worthless crap, stop carrying around old leather armor and stop picking up trap-making tools if you never make traps.

I have never had an issue with inventory.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-09, 10:23 PM   #5
shilk

Get the toolset from Bioware, then go to:

My Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\Characters\*your character*\saves\*the save you want*
And open up the .das file in the toolset. Go to savegame_partylist then savegame_max_items and change it to 999.

Save it, and when you load the save file you can now carry 999 items.

Annoying thing, really, as all they care about is milking as much money as they can from everyone.

They're already closing the forums, rofl.
shilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-09, 10:58 PM   #6
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody View Post
This backpack size is killing me. I'm actually at the point where I don't care if I have to cheat to increase backpack size. I am in the mage tower and no way possible to sell items.

I'm considering either restarting 2 entire hours of fighting... all because I need to sell backpack items. Theres no reason I should be doing this.

I'm not one to cheat normally, but if anyone knows of any cheats or mods to increase backpack size, i would very much appreciate it. At this moment right now, I can't even play the game. Thanks.
You do realize that you can purchase backpack space at the merchants for like 6G for 10 extra slots. I started off with 60 slots and I'm at about 100 now. You can also destroy useless low-cost items like "lesser salves" etc.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-09, 12:04 AM   #7
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilk View Post

My Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\Characters\*your character*\saves\*the save you want*
And open up the .das file in the toolset. Go to savegame_partylist then savegame_max_items and change it to 999.

Annoying thing, really, as all they care about is milking as much money as they can from everyone.

They are closing the forums? You sure it isn't because the Social Bioware site is coming out of Beta?
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-09, 01:56 AM   #8
shilk

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
They are closing the forums? You sure it isn't because the Social Bioware site is coming out of Beta?
Yeah.

Quote:
On Tuesday November 17 we will be closing these forums and will be directing all discussion on Dragon Age over to the Social Site.

These "old" forums will be archived, but all ongoing discussion on Dragon Age will be in the Social site.

If you have not already done so, please head over to the Social Site and create an account. You can visit the Social Site here: http://social.bioware.com/user_home.php
Their Social Site is a freakin mess though. It's the most counter-intuitive website I have ever had the priviledge of navigating through. I mean, come on. They've had more than enough time to slap together a functional website.

They really need to section off the various forums areas. As of now, it's a nightmare to navigate through all of the stuff for the toolset to say the least. It's a horrible way to even get support or sift through the various "trash" just to get decent information on anything.
shilk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-09, 03:56 AM   #9
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

The only problem I have with the social site is I keep forgetting how to access my characters and achievements.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-09, 06:51 AM   #10
crainger

The social site is a terrible mess. browsing mods is painful. No way to tell which are planned and which are actually done.

It's a shame they are closing the older Bioware forums, they are pretty good, just hope they don't move their others games to the social site.

Also the toolset mod works great. However if you have a 40hr+ save you'll probably need a 64 bit system to open the save. 32bit systems can't address the required memory.
Old 11-13-09, 07:36 AM   #11
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilk View Post

Awesome. I'm going to try this out.

For everyone's information. I have zero "lesser salves" and low end armor in my pack. I only have 70 slots. I've gotten rid of everything I can. About the backpacks. I don't know where to find them. I have only seen a backpack in the very first stage of the game(where I can't return). I didn't buy it because at the time, I did not have near enough money.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-09, 08:51 AM   #12
crainger

I was in the same situation. I did the Mages Tower early and while I'd bought a few back pack slots I ran out in the tower. I'm a hoarder. I like my infinite pockets/Bags of Holding.