Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-13-09, 09:47 AM   #13
LurkerLito

Default Re: Irritating Flaw in Dragon Age

Yeah the backpack thing sucked I have 90 slots but always was full. It's not a big deal till you get deep into a dungeon and it would take just way too much time to go back to town and sell stuff. I dropped off most of the armor I want to keep when I head over to Warden's Keep. I am a hoarder also and don't want to destroy anything if I can sell it or use it later. I am going to install the tools and increase the backpack slots since it is really the only thing I hated the most about the game .

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-09, 11:48 AM   #14
shilk

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
Also the toolset mod works great. However if you have a 40hr+ save you'll probably need a 64 bit system to open the save. 32bit systems can't address the required memory.
omzig posted a fix for that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by omzig View Post
Yep just check the DA bioware tech forums it seems theres a massive mem leak devs say it will take a while to trackdown though...seems to indicate that there wasnt much extended play testing done or they knew about it and decided to ship anyways

You have 2 options atm it seems first is to save quit and reload DA that seems to reset loading times for another hour or so or 2nd (which worked for me) is to hex edit the .exe to make it large address aware (by default its not) after doing so my loads are no more than 20-30 seconds in and out of any area no matter how long i play

a guide and software for making your exe large address aware can be found here

http://www.jaloonz.com/2008/04/enabl...for-games.html

i cant guarantee it wont make your computer expload or your first born become darkspawn filth but ive been playing 30+ hours with the hex ed inplace and have only seen positive results
Tried it myself, and it works great so far. There are still some loading times, but it wasn't nowhere near as heinous as it was before. The NTCore site didn't load for me, so I just downloaded it from download.com, and it worked perfectly fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody View Post
About the backpacks. I don't know where to find them. I have only seen a backpack in the very first stage of the game(where I can't return). I didn't buy it because at the time, I did not have near enough money.
Almost every single merchant has them in the game. Just check under their "Other" tab, and it should always be at the bottom. I have 110 inventory size right now, but with Shale in my party, it's almost impossible to keep my bags empty because of all of his different gems.

I was relieved though when I got some key items that it said 112/110, so I didn't lose any them. But the problem with that is you still have to throw away items to make it at least 109/110 if you need to move or loot something which kind of defeats the whole purpose.
shilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-09, 04:03 PM   #15
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Yeah for Large Address Aware you usually need a 4gb+ system and 64bit. 32 bit systems may start blue screening
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-09, 12:55 AM   #16
Atomizer

Its a minor issue and I dont really consider it a flaw, I guess they could have given you a weight limit and slowed down your character if you went over......

Honestly, im more concerned about corrupted games, I have a mage level 16 and had all the party npcs disappear from the camp, and I had the party as normal, then when I tried to talk to some of them, they started their beginning scripts(asif you just met them), the beginning script also seemed to teleport to a fixed location(which takes you outside the map if you arent in the same area where you meet them), the assassin cant even be spoken to, I guess its because of his unique entry into the party.
I ended up starting a warrior city elf this time, hopefully nothing gets corrupted in the meantime while waiting for a patch
Atomizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-09, 02:40 AM   #17
K007

hmm thx for that 4gb patcher info.

would mw2 / vac get all cranky if i enable it on that?
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-09, 07:07 AM   #18
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

I am having my first inventory problem in the Urn quest... way too long of a dungeon, way too much stuff!
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-09, 07:13 AM   #19
K007

didnt have too much of a inventory problem, tho at the end of the urn quest i did have to throw some stuff out, but those were stuff i never even used. mostly weapons since i was too lazy to get rid of em -.-.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-09, 10:29 AM   #20
Destroy

Isn't a large part of the RPG thing about making choices including what to keep or throw away. Bunch of pack rats in here.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-09, 10:45 AM   #21
LurkerLito

Yeah making choices about what to keep and throw away are part of the game, but it's a part I really don't enjoy. I spent maybe 45 hours battling and finding stuff and probably a good 2-3 hours of that time at the inventory screen deciding which things I should destroy, trying to remember if the armor/weapons on those members at camp was better with what they had or what I was looking at. Knowing that I could probably have bought that tome of arcane knowledge to give me access to another spell with all the stuff I destroyed on the way. That part sucks balls.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-09, 11:18 AM   #22
shilk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomizer View Post
Honestly, im more concerned about corrupted games, I have a mage level 16 and had all the party npcs disappear from the camp, and I had the party as normal, then when I tried to talk to some of them, they started their beginning scripts(asif you just met them), the beginning script also seemed to teleport to a fixed location(which takes you outside the map if you arent in the same area where you meet them), the assassin cant even be spoken to, I guess its because of his unique entry into the party.
I ended up starting a warrior city elf this time, hopefully nothing gets corrupted in the meantime while waiting for a patch
Did you get the 1.01 patch? Not sure if it might help or not, but it did address the character corruption issue, iirc.
Old 11-14-09, 12:17 PM   #23
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Well. I didn't install the patch to increase my inventory size. I decided to stick it out.

I made it through the mage tower. Had to delete a lot of pretty good items, but I guess thats how it goes.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-09, 01:19 PM   #24
shilk

Dexterity hotfix. Freakin' finally.
(Note: All mobs will get the bonus too.)

There's tons of mods out there already as well. You can even whiten everyone's teeth, lol. I think the more promising ones are the ones that make it so when you recruit a character or start the game, your points aren't already allocated. That's the thing that pissed me off the most when I got a new party member. This way, you can allocate the points how you want them.

I was playing a Rogue already, and there was no point having Zevran or Leliana with me since they were also Rogues. I changed Leliana to a full-time bard and Zevran a ranged character. The thing that pissed me off was Morrigan. I know she's sort of a shapeshifter, but most of her talents are used up my useless crap like Spider form and stuff. With this mod, I can make her a healer/hexer/support character and not have to worry about getting Wynne.

Check it out here. Awesome toolset guide, btw.

Oh, topless Morrigan mod ftw, ROFL.