Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-01-09, 03:28 PM   #1
MaXThReAT

Default Just picked up a PSP-3001

I didn't know where to put this since it's not a console but a hand-held. Anyway one of my old CRT HDTVs went out and I called in the warranty. I couldn't afford another TV so I got a PSP with the store credit, the bundle with Assassins Creed. I also got GTA-VCS and Tekken Dark Resurrection. First, WOW! I knew these things did quite allot but I did not know they added WLAN. I also did not know you could browse the Internet or listen to Internet radio or use skype to call people. I have a skype account so really my PSP is now a cell phone when online. I knew you could watch movies, music and pictures but this WLAN is awesome. Watch youtube in bed, post on here. I'm loving it to say the least. The only thing I'm somewhat disappointed in is no home brew app support. There are so many and from what I understand Sony does not support it one bit. Understandable because the true reason is to pirate games and I'm not okay with that. Why wouldn't they open it up for apps, this little thing could be a dang PDA with some of these apps. Anyway I hope Sony wises up and opens the firmware for apps but trying their best to cut off the pirates still. Most people I think just want to run custom apps and not pirate games. Cool little piece of hardware, I love my new toy and can't wait to see what comes next with new firmware updates.
Evga 280 GTX 621/1349/2268
SB X-Fi FPS / Z-5500 + Buttkicker!

"Don't mind the posts, I've been around longer than most know."
MaXThReAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-09, 03:29 PM   #2
ViN86

Default Re: Just picked up a PSP-3001

Awesome. Post some pics of it browsing online or playing games or watching video or in a call or something.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-09, 02:13 AM   #3
HiCZoK4

ye post something. I always wanted to see how are the new psp. My friend have and old psp 1000 or 2k and its Wlan is soooo slow
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-09, 07:25 PM   #4
MaXThReAT

Sorry almost forgot I posted this. Yeah I'll see if I can put a small vid together. The browsing is really pretty fast. It's not as fast as my desk top by a long shot. Takes about 5 sec to connect to my Wlan and takes about 4-5sec to load NVnews main forum page. The ads are what slow it down it seems. Mostly I've been watching movies and playing AC bloodlines and GTA on it. Tekken is awesome too, very smooth and responsive and so many characters moves to learn. I've been using skype allot too. On my 2gb card I'm able to fit about 6 full length movies. I just downloaded a MOH Heros demo/FPS. It's okay, I also downloaded the Killzone Liberation demo and it's fun. The screen is nice and bright. I understand it wasn't so bright before. I still haven't updated to the latest firmware I'm waiting to see it something happens. They are right on the brink of a new homebrew firmware set and if I upgrade I might not be able to get it. It's a fun toy. I'll try to get a vid made for you guys.
Evga 280 GTX 621/1349/2268
SB X-Fi FPS / Z-5500 + Buttkicker!

"Don't mind the posts, I've been around longer than most know."
MaXThReAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-11, 03:29 PM   #5
joshr1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaXThReAT View Post
I didn't know where to put this since it's not a console but a hand-held. Anyway one of my old CRT HDTVs went out and I called in the warranty. I couldn't afford another TV so I got a PSP with the store credit, the bundle with Assassins Creed. I also got GTA-VCS and Tekken Dark Resurrection. First, WOW! I knew these things did quite allot but I did not know they added WLAN. I also did not know you could browse the Internet or listen to Internet radio or use skype integration to call people. I have a skype account so really my PSP is now a cell phone when online. I knew you could watch movies, music and pictures but this WLAN is awesome. Watch youtube in bed, post on here. I'm loving it to say the least. The only thing I'm somewhat disappointed in is no home brew app support. There are so many and from what I understand Sony does not support it one bit. Understandable because the true reason is to pirate games and I'm not okay with that. Why wouldn't they open it up for apps, this little thing could be a dang PDA with some of these apps. Anyway I hope Sony wises up and opens the firmware for apps but trying their best to cut off the pirates still. Most people I think just want to run custom apps and not pirate games. Cool little piece of hardware, I love my new toy and can't wait to see what comes next with new firmware updates.
Why doesnt sony support it? It can be used for things other than pirating games, so it should be! I love the hardware too and just wish my sony would let me use it.
joshr1124 is offline   Reply With Quote