CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-09, 06:17 PM   #14
newparad1gm

Default Re: ***Official Assassin's Creed II Feedback Thread***

There are a few side missions that involve tombs of previous Assassins, where its mostly just parkour and platforming challenges and puzzles. A nice break from going around the city. The sword combat so far has been the same song and dance with lots of countering and mashing the attack button. Maybe you guys have more finesse with it, but the swordplay has never been a high point of the game for me. Hopefully when I get my hands on different weapons like halberds, there will be more variety in the combat.

My time with this game got interrupted by L4D2 though, but I'll get back to it soon, hopefully.
Intel Core i7 3930K | Asus X79 Sabertooth | 4x4 GB G.Skill RipJaw PC3-12800 | 2x EVGA NVIDIA GTX TITAN Signature 6GB SLI | OCZ Vertex 3 240GB SSD | 2x500 GB Seagate Barracuda RAID 0 | LG BD-ROM | Cyber Acoustics CA3001WB 2.1 Speakers | SeaSonic 1250W PSU | 3x Acer GD235HZ 23.6in 120Hz | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Windows 8 Pro x64 | NVIDIA 3DVision SURROUND

CRIMSON DYNAMO:
Intel Core i7 2600K | Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H | 2x4 GB G.Skill Ripjaw PC3-12800 | XFX AMD R9 290X 4GB | Intel X-25M G2 160GB SSD | 2x250GB RAID 0 | Samsung BD-ROM | ABS SL 1050W PSU | Toshiba 42" REGZA 1080p HDTV | Antec 900 ATX | Windows 8 Pro x64

Sailor Jupiter (HTPC):
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 | ZOTAC Geforce 9300 | 2x2 GB OCZ Fatal1ty PC2-8500 | WD 1TB | Hitachi 2TB External | MediaSonic HFR2-SU3S2 4x3TB Seagate Barracuda RAID 1+0 | LG Blu-Ray/HD DVD-ROM | FSP 150W PSU | Toshiba 42" REGZA 1080p HDTV | Foxconn RS233 mini-ITX | Windows 7 Pro x86
newparad1gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-09, 06:36 PM   #15
JT8D-9A
unregistered

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/re...ns-creed/58372
JT8D-9A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-09, 08:42 PM   #16
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Assassin's Creed II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
No more feedback on this one?
Everyone is waiting for the superior PC version, right guys!!

Guys?

Oh...
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-09, 04:35 AM   #17
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Lol, been playing it since I got it. Awesome game so far, much better than the first. The missions aren't garbage (the ones I have played at least), the story seems better... and the best part of all.... YOU DO NOT PLAY AS DESMOND EVERY 2 FREAKING SECONDS! I couldn't freaking stand that in the original game...

*As Altair* Run 3 feet
*EXIT ANIMUS*
*Walk (VERY ****ING SLOWLY) as Desmond to have some terrible conversation and then sleep*
*WAKE UP*
*Walk (VERY ****ING SLOWLY) as Desmond to have some terrible conversation that added nothing to the game then enter the Animus, only to play as Altair for 3 minutes before exiting again.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-09, 11:48 AM   #18
ATi
RooR

does the frame rate only sucks for the ps3 or does the xbox has the same issue?I saw my friend playing it.
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 2 x 4GB 1648
HD1.5tb
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
corsair620HX
Windows7 64 home premium
Dell LED G2210
ATi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-09, 11:50 AM   #19
ViN86

Do all of the missions consist of 5 things again?

I hated that in the first all the missions in each city were practically the same. Pickpocket, eavesdrop, collect flags, save some woman, kill some guy, then new city, same exact ****.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-09, 12:05 PM   #20
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATi View Post
does the frame rate only sucks for the ps3 or does the xbox has the same issue?I saw my friend playing it.
The framerate on PS3 for the original was HORRIBLE. It would go down to 15fps at times.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-18-09, 01:07 PM   #21
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Do all of the missions consist of 5 things again?

I hated that in the first all the missions in each city were practically the same. Pickpocket, eavesdrop, collect flags, save some woman, kill some guy, then new city, same exact ****.
Well the best thing in the new one is... you don't HAVE to do any of those crappy side missions. This one has no eavesdropping sidequests (from what I have seen at least)... mostly assassinate this guy, beat the hell out of this guy cheating on his wife (and this time when you beat them up, you don't have to follow them for a million years until they are alone!), races (haven't tried these yet), courier missions, etc. Pickpocketing is not a side mission now, you can just do it freely for money.
Old 11-18-09, 01:44 PM   #22
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
Well the best thing in the new one is... you don't HAVE to do any of those crappy side missions. This one has no eavesdropping sidequests (from what I have seen at least)... mostly assassinate this guy, beat the hell out of this guy cheating on his wife (and this time when you beat them up, you don't have to follow them for a million years until they are alone!), races (haven't tried these yet), courier missions, etc. Pickpocketing is not a side mission now, you can just do it freely for money.
Nice, so you'd say it's not as monotonous as the first?
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-09, 10:18 PM   #23
LurkerLito

I played for about an hour and half and I am just not getting into it. I liked how it started since it picked up right from where the first one finished, but overall it feels exactly the same, oops I ran to close to these guys go find a haystack to hide in. At least at the moment you can get away from them without hiding so you don't necessarily need to hide. It feels weird that you aren't an assassin right from the start. I am guessing you become one eventually. Now you have to loot your victims so you can get money to buy healing. Still though I am not sure about it. I have to give it more time I guess cause I am feeling a bit bored with it or maybe I just want to be here on my PC playing DA:O more .

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-09, 11:46 PM   #24
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by LurkerLito View Post
I played for about an hour and half and I am just not getting into it. I liked how it started since it picked up right from where the first one finished, but overall it feels exactly the same, oops I ran to close to these guys go find a haystack to hide in. At least at the moment you can get away from them without hiding so you don't necessarily need to hide. It feels weird that you aren't an assassin right from the start. I am guessing you become one eventually. Now you have to loot your victims so you can get money to buy healing. Still though I am not sure about it. I have to give it more time I guess cause I am feeling a bit bored with it or maybe I just want to be here on my PC playing DA:O more .
The AI doesn't detect you as harshly as it did in the original (in the original if you ran for a second it would send them into a frenzy for me lol).

You do not start off as an assassin, but that is the point. Listen closer to the storyline of Desmond and you will know more of why they did it this way.

You do not have to loot victims or pick pockets for money. Actually those are the worst ways of getting money. Finishing quests gives you a good amount and later on there is some extra sim-lite stuff you can do to make a ton of money.