Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-19-09, 02:37 PM   #145
grey_1

Default Re: Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
yea, thanks. So you had problems too with the game crapping out? Everyone I play with has issues with randomly crashing - and its only this game too.
I did. No error messages, no warning, no overheating..just quit to desktop. Sometimes 2 minutes, sometimes after an hour or more.

Everything else I have including L4D1 is smooth and problem free. Last night was a relief!

Now I'm just hoping to figure out why I now have the censored version. I think LordJuanalo nailed it a few posts back.
Old 11-19-09, 03:52 PM   #146
K-1

Anyone completed the shopping mall level yet on expert? The other night my friends and I spent 4 hours on the campaign (Dead Center I think it's called) and after great struggles made it to the mall.

We were in pretty good shape, had 3 spare medkits but sheesh, the mall is tough! Constant incoming hordes, smaller than your usual hordes, but it's nonstop! And the special infected just keep pouring out. Farthest we got was to an event where you had to shoot out some store windows and then run through a horde to an exit, but only 2 of us were alive and things didn't go well .

Any tips?
K-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-09, 03:59 PM   #147
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-1 View Post
Anyone completed the shopping mall level yet on expert? The other night my friends and I spent 4 hours on the campaign (Dead Center I think it's called) and after great struggles made it to the mall.

We were in pretty good shape, had 3 spare medkits but sheesh, the mall is tough! Constant incoming hordes, smaller than your usual hordes, but it's nonstop! And the special infected just keep pouring out. Farthest we got was to an event where you had to shoot out some store windows and then run through a horde to an exit, but only 2 of us were alive and things didn't go well .

Any tips?
I've only played through Dead Center so far. Having a busy life sucks when you wanna play video games lol.

I've had a hard time on Advanced so I can't imagine how Expert is like! WOW!
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-09, 04:35 PM   #148
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
I've only played through Dead Center so far. Having a busy life sucks when you wanna play video games lol.

I've had a hard time on Advanced so I can't imagine how Expert is like! WOW!
Quit crying six - you bailed on me and warlord last night.
Old 11-19-09, 04:40 PM   #149
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-1 View Post

Any tips?
The game is a good bit harder than the original in my opinion, mostly because there are endless hordes in some areas that just never stop to let you catch your breath. Just played a game with Schafer at the carnival and that part where you have to get into the stadium is just murder.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-09, 07:14 PM   #150
Snake101st

The Parish campaign is fantastic... especially the last 3 levels on VS.
Snake101st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-09, 07:45 PM   #151
K-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
The game is a good bit harder than the original in my opinion, mostly because there are endless hordes in some areas that just never stop to let you catch your breath. Just played a game with Schafer at the carnival and that part where you have to get into the stadium is just murder.
Oh definitely, but I love it! Really makes you feel like a survivor when you pass a level! One thing we tried with the endless hordes was to just storm through as fast as we could and it actually worked pretty well. We ended up wiping out at the same point as before, but we reached that point much faster! So perhaps we'll give that tactic another shot.

@six
Dead Center is all we've touched so far, too. It's totally kicking our ass on Expert, but I insist on playing all the campaigns in order since there's apparently a continuous story through all the campaigns. Loving every minute of it though, even when two chargers and a hunter appear at the same time and totally ruin a run .
K-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-09, 11:01 PM   #152
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
yea, thanks. So you had problems too with the game crapping out? Everyone I play with has issues with randomly crashing - and its only this game too.
Quick update, was on for several hours tonight using that permissions fix, no crash.

Old 11-20-09, 12:02 AM   #153
LT.Schaffer
Praise The Lord!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Murder is right

Good times though

Had A Few Epic Campaign Runs with Six&Grey&his Bro:

The Bots Hate Grey lol

Intel Q9650|Asus P5Q Pro Turbo|GTX 480|CM 690 II Advanced|Corsair Dominator 4GB|LG LE3500 32"|X-FI|Intel 80GB SSD|Win 7 64Bit
Nvidia Driver:310.70 WHQL

Dedicated LAN Coop Server
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500|Asus P5B Deluxe|BFG GTX 285|Antec 900|Kingston HyperX 2GB|Viewsonic VX2255WMB 22"|Win 7 32Bit

GOD BLESS AMERICA

I Proudly Support Our Troops

Current Game:Elder Scrolls V Skyrim
LT.Schaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-09, 01:12 AM   #154
ATi
RooR

LOL @ the boomer
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 2 x 4GB 1648
HD1.5tb
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
corsair620HX
Windows7 64 home premium
Dell LED G2210
ATi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-09, 02:23 AM   #155
trivium nate

omg i love the sword! i havent found the chainsaw yet
42"Vizio TV-1920x1080-1080P-120Hertz//Win 7 Ultimate(64)//XBox360-pc controller
Saitek Eclipse 2 keyboard//Razer DeathAdder Mouse//250gb-Xbox 360//160gb-PS3
trivium nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-09, 02:28 AM   #156
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
I did. No error messages, no warning, no overheating..just quit to desktop. Sometimes 2 minutes, sometimes after an hour or more.

Everything else I have including L4D1 is smooth and problem free. Last night was a relief!

Now I'm just hoping to figure out why I now have the censored version. I think LordJuanalo nailed it a few posts back.
played 1 hr 25 mins, finished whole campaign - that was my problem as well. F'n permissions to c:\windows\CSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote