Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-04-10, 12:17 PM   #577
CaptnStubing

Default Re: Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
I was going to offer this. I could host a Ventrilo server for all of NVNews with different channels for different games and the ability to create private channels.

Let me know if you guys are down. Also I bought L4D2 so when I get back to school I will have to pwn with you guys.
Sound cool to me. I'm down if enough people get on it to make it worth while.

For me the voice chat is what makes these games fun. Just texting while gaming sucks. I like to hear Lee's drunk ramblings and Doc's screaming HALP HALP I'M BEING TONGUED! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
You can also boost the microphone gain using Windows settings. That's what I did, instead of using steam. At first I had it too high, but now I think I've got it about right. What do y'all think?
That's what I was talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
What's makes Vent better than in-game chat, besides the fact that one server can tend to the needs of multiple games? I think I'm fine so far with in-game chat. I can communicate with DOC and others just fine. I must admit, I haven't been using voice chat in games until recently. That's why I'm so damn good, because I learned to kick ass without it. Another good thing about that is that having to type out messages in-game greatly increased my words per minute.
Vent is HD quality sound. Once you lock in everyone's mic it is a fine tool to game with. As I said above just hanging out and BSing while gaming is what makes it fun.

Quote:
EDIT: I just thought of something. Wouldn't it be AWESOME, if there were a mod for L4D2 that let Survivors fight Survivors? For example, the first four fighting the second four? THAT WOULD BE EPIC!!!
Why don't I just shoot you while you are trying to get to the boat so the horde stops to kill your gimp arss. Works for me.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-10, 12:20 PM   #578
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

I don't see why you need "HD quality sound" to play Left 4 Dead. The normal voice chat in-game works perfectly well for me and my best friend, or me and Magus. Never had a problem.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-10, 01:30 PM   #579
Smee

Thanks for the tips regarding my mic.. I'm actually pretty well versed in the sound functions.. my issue at the moment is.. I just upgraded to windows 7, while doing this, I noticed my X-fi (vista) software disc will not execute on Win 7, so I have nothing but a downloaded Win 7 driver.. which leaves me with none of the software/mixers I had grown used to.

I remembered how much I hate creative software and their lack of updates, so I pulled out my X-fi card and am using HD onboard sound for now.. I think it works now.. need someone to help me test it.. The sound isn't as good though.. so if anyone has any soundcard solutions, I'm all ears.. Thanks.
Smee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-10, 01:35 PM   #580
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
I don't see why you need "HD quality sound" to play Left 4 Dead. The normal voice chat in-game works perfectly well for me and my best friend, or me and Magus. Never had a problem.
You don't "need" anything to play this game. It is just nice. For people like me with hearing problems, the more clear the sound the better. The VOIP in this game is absolute garbage. After using Vent for years it is the best way to game and communitcate. If you see no use for it, that's cool. I like to use it. It makes my gaming experience better just like better graphics help a game. They are not required but they sure do help.
Old 01-04-10, 11:59 PM   #581
General Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
You don't "need" anything to play this game. It is just nice. For people like me with hearing problems, the more clear the sound the better. The VOIP in this game is absolute garbage. After using Vent for years it is the best way to game and communitcate. If you see no use for it, that's cool. I like to use it. It makes my gaming experience better just like better graphics help a game. They are not required but they sure do help.
Can a person using Vent communicate with a person using in-game voice chat? If so, I don't see anything wrong with it. I was just thinking it would be confusing and a pain in the ass if people who have one com. trying to communicate with others without it.
Old 01-05-10, 12:18 AM   #582
CaptnStubing

you can use either or both. Just bind the talk button to a different key. It's just that only vent users will hear you with the key you bound for vent.

U guys are vent nubs. Oh and the internet no longer uses v.90 modems.
Old 01-05-10, 12:25 AM   #583
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
you can use either or both. Just bind the talk button to a different key. It's just that only vent users will hear you with the key you bound for vent.

U guys are vent nubs. Oh and the internet no longer uses v.90 modems.
You really need to watch the first 10-15 seconds of this video and listen to the AI voice

Btw yes, the guy is a loser talking to himself with no one on co-op
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 07:34 AM   #584
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

So me and a bunch of randoms PWNED Redeemed, Tyger, Lee and Lt. Shaffer in a game of Scavange.

Tyger - You can blame it on the a-a-a-a-a-alcohol.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-10, 09:08 AM   #585
General Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
So me and a bunch of randoms PWNED Redeemed, Tyger, Lee and Lt. Shaffer in a game of Scavange.

I normally play better the more I drink...I call H4X!

Oh, I accidentally dropped a log on my big toe last night, and it tore the damn nail off, I tore off a shirt sleeve and wrapped it up so I could keep playing. The I accidentally smacked my foot into the computer desk while trying to get comfortable. My foot is killing me this morning.
Old 01-05-10, 09:25 AM   #586
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post

My team was handicapped. Redeemed and Lt. Shaffer had never played scavenge, ever.

And Lee. He just doesn't like playing infected, so he doesn't really know how to play them.

No worries though. These guys just need to be brought up to speed and they'll be fine. Honestly, with as bad handicap as we had, I thought they did pretty good.

But six_storm. We should play against each other with even teams. I'll go easy on you.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 09:41 AM   #587
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody View Post
My team was handicapped. Redeemed and Lt. Shaffer had never played scavenge, ever.

And Lee. He just doesn't like playing infected, so he doesn't really know how to play them.

No worries though. These guys just need to be brought up to speed and they'll be fine. Honestly, with as bad handicap as we had, I thought they did pretty good.

But six_storm. We should play against each other with even teams. I'll go easy on you.
I may be on tonight to play scavenge with you guys...
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 11:12 AM   #588
Redeemed

It was pretty epic ya'll. Did have a blast.

I'll probably be on tonight, so we can get a game in. Came into work early, so I'll be goin' home early.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote