Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-12-10, 01:12 AM   #649
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget
Default Re: Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustycusak View Post
Yeah, personally I really hate Jockeys because they are too hard to shove, not like hunters, and even it is impossible to shove Chargers. But the map is okay.

Oh yeah, anyone feels that voice acting Left 4 Dead 2 is flat? It was boring. I prefer the first game anyway.
What do you mean, shove? You can hit away special infected? I didn't know that....
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-10, 09:42 AM   #650
General Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustycusak View Post
Yeah, personally I really hate Jockeys because they are too hard to shove, not like hunters, and even it is impossible to shove Chargers. But the map is okay.

Oh yeah, anyone feels that voice acting Left 4 Dead 2 is flat? It was boring. I prefer the first game anyway.
I think the Charger is just right...he's a lot bigger, which means you shouldn't be able to shove him. Maybe they could make it so that if you try to shove him, you push YOURSELF back a little. That would be good. As for the Jockey and Hunter, I think they got it backwards. The Jockey is smaller, so you should be able to shove him further than the Hunter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
What do you mean, shove? You can hit away special infected? I didn't know that....
The Jockey

Yeah man, you can shove the Jockey to get him off someone, and he'll sit there stunned for a moment, even though he's still right beside them, before trying to latch onto someone...maybe the same person, maybe someone else. That's when it's best to melee him, so you don't shoot a teammate. If you're close enough, you can go ahead and melee him off someone, and it will only hurt the Jockey.

The Spitter, Hunter, and Smoker

You can also shove the Spitter, the Hunter, and the Smoker. The Smoker usually stumbles back a good ways, and seems to take longer than the Jockey to recover from it. The Spitter doesn't seem to stumble far, but it also takes longer than the Jockey to recover. The Hunter stumbles back like the Smoker, but seems to recover a little quicker.

Stopping them in mid-air

You can also shove them as they are try to jump on you. It's risky, but you can do it. I usually find myself doing it by accident, while shoving a horde off me. If they are in mid-air, and you time it just right, they won't be able to grab you. If you do it to the Jockey, remember...he recovers very quickly. The Hunter has a bigger window of opportunity, giving you more time to take him out.

The Charger

Don't even bother trying that with the Charger. It won't work. If he's charging, don't just stand there...get out of the way. It's easy to side step him, and there's even and achievement for killing him with a melee weapon (not a pistol) while he's in mid-charge. The best way to do that is to side-step him and bash him as he rushes by. Usually, someone will have shot him some, so one whack should kill him.

When it comes to the Charger, ALWAYS get out of the way. Don't even try shooting him as he comes at you...chances are, he'll get to you before you pump enough rounds into him. The only thing that can stop the charge is if enough people shoot him before he gets to you or hits an object, the grenade launcher or some other explosion (propane/oxygen tanks, pipebomb), or Frag ammo.

The Witch

The witch will cause YOU to stumble if she runs into you while trying to attack someone else. It takes a moment to recover, but just be glad she didn't take you down. In fact, I sometimes try to get in her way to slow her down so the person she's after, and the rest of the team, can have a better chance of taking her out.
Old 01-12-10, 12:37 PM   #651
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Remember, if a Smoker has your buddy, you can: 1) Melee the survivor, 2) Shoot the tongue until he lets go or 3) Kill the smoker.

Me, Lee, UDawg and Wardog beat Dead Center on Normal last night in 29 minutes!!! Fun game to just run through it as fast as you possibly can.

Lee, I think our next accomplishment is beating all the campaigns on EXPERT!!
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-10, 01:11 PM   #652
General Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
Remember, if a Smoker has your buddy, you can: 1) Melee the survivor, 2) Shoot the tongue until he lets go or 3) Kill the smoker.

Me, Lee, UDawg and Wardog beat Dead Center on Normal last night in 29 minutes!!! Fun game to just run through it as fast as you possibly can.

Lee, I think our next accomplishment is beating all the campaigns on EXPERT!!
Yeah, that was awesome. I didn't realize we did it in under 30 minutes.

I'm gonna edit my previous post about shoving the Special Infected zombies to make it a little easier to read. There's a lot of good info in there to know.
Old 01-12-10, 01:17 PM   #653
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Excellent post, didn't know this.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-10, 01:23 PM   #654
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Yeah, that was awesome. I didn't realize we did it in under 30 minutes.

I'm gonna edit my previous post about shoving the Special Infected zombies to make it a little easier to read. There's a lot of good info in there to know.
You left one thing out, unless it just hasn't happened to you yet.

The witch will kill whoever is blocking her from the intended target if she can't knock you out of the way.

Not sure if this is changed in 2 or not, but she killed me numerous times in 1 just because I had nowhere to go and couldn't get out of her way.
Old 01-12-10, 02:29 PM   #655
General Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
You left one thing out, unless it just hasn't happened to you yet.

The witch will kill whoever is blocking her from the intended target if she can't knock you out of the way.

Not sure if this is changed in 2 or not, but she killed me numerous times in 1 just because I had nowhere to go and couldn't get out of her way.
Actually, in L4D2, if you get in her way, more often than not she will just make you stumble back, just like how zombies will when you shove them. It takes a second for your character to recover. Sometimes the Witch will be startled by one person, but then she will go after someone else and incap them. I've seen her go in a completely different direction than the person who startled her is in, and attack someone else.

I'm not sure if that's a glitch, or if it's a random occurrence they meant to happen. I have often got in her way, and most of the time if she runs into me, it just makes me stumble back. There have been a few times where instead she incapped me, but I think it was because I was touching her long enough for her to change her target to me...it seems as though that usually happens only in tight spaces though.
Old 01-12-10, 07:06 PM   #656
H4yd3n
Embrace the plague!

You guys need to add me so I can play with you guys. (And get in nvn group)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/H4yd3n

- Q6600 @ 3.06GHz @ 1.2V - EVGA GTX 260 216 801/1338/1727 - ABIT IP35 Pro -
- ZALMAN 9700 - CM Stacker 830 - BENQ 24" LCD - 500 GB Seagate HDD -
- G.Skill 4GB 2 x 2 DDR2 - CM 1000W PSU -
- Logitech G500 - Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard - Razer eXactMat -
- Logitech G35 - ASUS Black DVD/CD drive - Windows Vista Home Premium x64 -

Quote:
"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."
- Winston Churchill
H4yd3n is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-10, 07:27 PM   #657
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4yd3n View Post
You guys need to add me so I can play with you guys. (And get in nvn group)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/H4yd3n
Added you to my friend's list. Accept invite and I'll add you to nVnews group.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-10, 10:23 PM   #658
trivium nate

Okay as I was explaining to the guy on the server,
my audio setup is like this. I have Klipsch 2.1 pro media speakers n sub,
(http://www.tnt-audio.com/jpg/2_1largefixed.jpg)
One of the speakers has a headphone n aux cable slot I have TWO different headphones,

one is just headphones and the other is a headset mic n headphones
I cant get the mic to work in either slot in the speaker so the mic is plugged into the mic slot on my mobo.

Now my other pair of headphones are in my ears the audio gets put through my headphones like i want it to so I don't wake anyone up. but then if i put my headset around my neck no one can hear me...talking through the mic

I need to find a wire so that I can get rid of the headphones n use the headset. Have the mic plugged into mic slot on mobo and the attached headphones into the headphones slot on speaker cuz if i have headphones plugged into the speakers i can adjust the volume n i want to use one thing...

okay found a wire
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ct_id=10745578

cuz the headset starts out as 2 cables but it slits one for mic one ofr HP so the mic is gonna be in mic slot n the headphones are going to be plugged into this wire which is going to be pluged into headphones slot at night so I can just one thing n ill use my speakers during day n hp during night problem solved
42"Vizio TV-1920x1080-1080P-120Hertz//Win 7 Ultimate(64)//XBox360-pc controller
Saitek Eclipse 2 keyboard//Razer DeathAdder Mouse//250gb-Xbox 360//160gb-PS3
trivium nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-10, 11:14 PM   #659
General Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by trivium nate View Post
Okay as I was explaining to the guy on the server,
my audio setup is like this. I have Klipsch 2.1 pro media speakers n sub,
(http://www.tnt-audio.com/jpg/2_1largefixed.jpg)
One of the speakers has a headphone n aux cable slot I have TWO different headphones,

one is just headphones and the other is a headset mic n headphones
I cant get the mic to work in either slot in the speaker so the mic is plugged into the mic slot on my mobo.

Now my other pair of headphones are in my ears the audio gets put through my headphones like i want it to so I don't wake anyone up. but then if i put my headset around my neck no one can hear me...talking through the mic

I need to find a wire so that I can get rid of the headphones n use the headset. Have the mic plugged into mic slot on mobo and the attached headphones into the headphones slot on speaker cuz if i have headphones plugged into the speakers i can adjust the volume n i want to use one thing...

okay found a wire
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ct_id=10745578

cuz the headset starts out as 2 cables but it slits one for mic one ofr HP so the mic is gonna be in mic slot n the headphones are going to be plugged into this wire which is going to be pluged into headphones slot at night so I can just one thing n ill use my speakers during day n hp during night problem solved
When you get that taken care of, you will enjoy the game more. I've got problem of my own. My headset/mic combo hurts my left ear, sometimes a good bit. I have to wear my RealTree camo hat when I use it, because they're not adjustable, and the hat helps them fit. The problem is that the left earphone presses up against my ear in a way that most of the pressure, while not great, is on one little ridge on my ear.

I got a new headset/mic for Christmas, but the sound just ain't the same. It's like there's WAY too much bass in them. They sound great for music and video, but in L4D2 the bass is way to much and the treble way too low. It makes it harder to hear what's going on in the game, and nearly impossible to hear what anyone is saying into their mics. If I can't figure out what the problem is, I'll have to just give them away and get another set. That sucks, because it was a gift for Christmas.

I played a couple of games with y'all tonight, had a good time. Trivium Nate and bob saget kept wanting to rush ahead without any help, and kept getting attacked by Special Infected. I had to keep bailing y'all out when I was able to, but couldn't always get there in time. Y'all gotta stick with the group, or at least have one person covering you. It's easier when you can use the mic to communicate what you're doing, so it's a good thing Nate is getting his mic problem taken care of.

The last game I just played with Lt. Schaffer, bob saget, and Redeemed was epic. Everything was going great and easy during the Dark Carnival finale, until the chopper flew over near the Tank. I used a Bile Jar on him, and the zombies were a lot of help. It didn't take much to kill that one, but Redeemed was on the bottom level directly under the chopper. Lt. Shaffer finale got in, as we killed the first Tank who was trying to attack us inside it.

Then another Tank showed up at the chopper almost immediately, and I had already run out of ammo. I had to attack the first Tank with my Katana from inside the chopper, and kept slashing at zombies and the second Tank until it was dead. Redeemed FINALLY gets up to the chopper, and had about 5 HP left after I slashed him once. I ALMOST swung a second time, but lifted my finger off the button as he barely made it in. We didn't lose anyone.
Old 01-12-10, 11:18 PM   #660
trivium nate

Yeah i'd go to 24/7 open walmart right now but its midnight and im to lazy and tis cold out like 7 degrees
42"Vizio TV-1920x1080-1080P-120Hertz//Win 7 Ultimate(64)//XBox360-pc controller
Saitek Eclipse 2 keyboard//Razer DeathAdder Mouse//250gb-Xbox 360//160gb-PS3
trivium nate is offline   Reply With Quote