Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-17-09, 11:55 AM   #61
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Default Re: Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJuanlo View Post
All I have read about versus is that spitter is overpowered, and most people are already asking for a nerf on it.
In the Demo, I ran a server that you could use the infected. And I remember that the spitter was the most powerful to use. But only because of the way people play. People jump in corners and by the time they realize they have been "spitted", half their health is already gone.

I'm not sure if they warrant a nerf just yet. Just people need to stop being such corner campers. I HATE resorting to corner camping in Left 4 Dead. A really bad team that knows the best corner camp spots can pretty much win anything... until a tank comes at least. Even then, as long as you have 4 shottys, that tank is going down quick.

Obviously i haven't played the full version. Maybe they increased the damage of the spitter in the full version from the demo. I'll definitely report back though.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-09, 12:08 PM   #62
backfiggen
*synth solo*

The rain storms in this game are amazing.
I didn't see much of the gameplay footage beforehand so I was pleasantly surprised.

Steam | XBL/GfWL
backfiggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-09, 01:03 PM   #63
grey_1

Dark Carnival is fantastic. Sword vs tank

Witch is still a p.i.t.a. though
Old 11-17-09, 01:29 PM   #64
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

The AI in singleplayer alerts the witch EVERY time.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-09, 01:44 PM   #65
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
The AI in singleplayer alerts the witch EVERY time.
Don't even get me started on the AI. I can't even get through Dead Center on Advanced without getting majorly raped. So when I'm pinned down by a hunter, the other AI survivors will run backwards until they get over to my location and then melee the hunter . . . EVERY TIME.

I finally got mad and said screw it. I'll just play with random online people to get through the stupid game.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-09, 02:43 PM   #66
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
Don't even get me started on the AI. I can't even get through Dead Center on Advanced without getting majorly raped. So when I'm pinned down by a hunter, the other AI survivors will run backwards until they get over to my location and then melee the hunter . . . EVERY TIME.

I finally got mad and said screw it. I'll just play with random online people to get through the stupid game.
I'm actually having far less trouble with the AI in 2 than I did in the first. I don't have much time in 2 yet, but I have yet to see the AI milling around while I die like they do in the first now.

I still think they dumbed it down after the initial release. It seemed they never missed a shot and you rarely stayed down more than a few seconds. Not any more.

Anyway, can't wait for some coop in 2 tonight. I've been fooling around in each of the campaigns just to get a feel for them, and have to say the demo is absolutely no indicator of how well done these campaigns are. I really didn't think anything would top the first game for me, but they may have actually pulled it off.
Old 11-17-09, 03:28 PM   #67
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Anybody up to playing tonight? Once I get home from the meeting, I'm all about playing some L4D2.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-09, 06:35 PM   #68
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inraged Twitch View Post
Is there a way to fix this stupid Steam Ticket Has Expired?? I have been trying to install this damn game since 2am its now 3pm...
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=873128

Old 11-17-09, 07:01 PM   #69
styles-T
-========-

Off Topic.
Steam is probably getting slammed. I can't connect and when I was able to connect after 20 minutes later it says scanning for games which means I cant play anything. How lame. I can't even fire up TF2.

On Topic.
I still feel the game is overpriced and this is what L4D should have originally been. Other than that the game is good.
Old 11-17-09, 09:03 PM   #70
grey_1

Alright, 3rd or 4th CTD tonight.

Great game but this reminds me of when the first was released. Constant random crashes.

sigh
Old 11-17-09, 09:08 PM   #71
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
Alright, 3rd or 4th CTD tonight.

Great game but this reminds me of when the first was released. Constant random crashes.

sigh
Yea. That ain't cool at all. It was nice teaming up with you, warlord and six, though....
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-09, 09:18 PM   #72
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscipleDOC View Post
Yea. That ain't cool at all. It was nice teaming up with you, warlord and six, though....
Oh it was fantastic! Couldn't get to you at the end though, I wsa running like crazy trying to figure out how to get to where you were..then a tank landed on me LOL!

I think he crashed it for me...