Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-18-09, 09:15 AM   #85
DiscipleDOC
 
DiscipleDOC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Alabama, Planet Earth
Posts: 5,993
Default Re: Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
uh...you were her Bro...k?

This could get weird













You're the one to talk. You were some vegas pimp that kept wanting to get your freak on with the witch....


Yea...I went there.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-09, 09:42 AM   #86
Crow_Nest
Ace Spammer
 
Crow_Nest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Singapore, Asia
Posts: 1,418
Send a message via MSN to Crow_Nest
Default Re: Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread

I played dead center and dark carnival with my friend yesterday. It was bloody hell awesome. The cresendo events are epic, and the finales are challenging. I cant wait to play the rest of the game.
__________________
Desktop
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel i7 2700K @ 3.5 GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 670 OC 2GB |
| G.Skill RipJawsX PC3 12800 4GB x 2 | Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer | Intel SSD 520 120GB SSD |
| Hitachi 1TB SATA3 HDD | Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700W |
| Cooler Master Centurion 5 II Casing | Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 |


Laptop : Lenovo IdeaPad Y450
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce G110M 256MB |
| 4GB DDR3 SDRAM | Western Digital 320GB | 14.1' LED Backlit Screen |


http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=73666&dateline=135279  2183
Crow_Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-09, 09:45 AM   #87
grey_1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscipleDOC View Post
You're the one to talk. You were some vegas pimp that kept wanting to get your freak on with the witch....


Yea...I went there.
AHAHAHA! Sittin in mah truck LOLing
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-09, 09:47 AM   #88
grey_1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow_Nest View Post
I played dead center and dark carnival with my friend yesterday. It was bloody hell awesome. The cresendo events are epic, and the finales are challenging. I cant wait to play the rest of the game.
Yeah, it is that good!

I've done some in each campaign so far, and everyone is fantastic. The demo level "The Parish" from that gauntlet on is just epic...
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-09, 09:57 AM   #89
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord
 
Tygerwoody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,934
Default Re: Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
I don't think she is too powerful, I think people need to learn how to fight her better.

And no crashes at all here.
I never said spitter is too powerful. Standing up, I think she's perfect. Low HPs and easy to kill. I do think the ground damaged might need to be tweaked though.




We should have an NvNews Versus battle tonight.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
if tygerwoody says its bad, its bad.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-09, 10:45 AM   #90
ATi
RooR
 
ATi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,500
Default Re: Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread

What drivers are you guys using?
__________________
Intel Core i5-2500K @4.3
ASUS P8P67 (REV 3.0)
msi GTX295
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 2 x 4GB 1648
HD1.5tb
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
corsair620HX
Windows7 64 home premium
Dell LED G2210
ATi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-09, 11:43 AM   #91
Vanzagar
Bring me Amberlamps
 
Vanzagar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,167
Default Re: Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread

Can someone write a quick review of the game or first impressions...
Vanzagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-09, 12:01 PM   #92
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me
 
NarcissistZero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,033
Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanzagar View Post
Can someone write a quick review of the game or first impressions...
It's Left 4 Dead with more unique moments and finale moments (running finale, collect things finale).

End.
__________________
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-18-09, 12:13 PM   #93
grey_1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanzagar View Post
Can someone write a quick review of the game or first impressions...
Much better use of graphical effects - smoke, fire etc

Teamwork more heavily emphasized

More creative with mission/finales etc. Gameplay feels more dynamic than before as there seems to be very little "hunker down and shoot" moments as opposed to teams having to protect each other, by design, to accomplish certain missions etc.

Level design for the most part just feels more open. Still linear of course, but it's much easier to wander off exploring.

The tweaked skins are good. Tank/smoker/boomers etc, all look much more menacing.

The new witch still sucks like the old one did. Yes, I hate her.

Worth buying imho.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-09, 12:21 PM   #94
KrAzYeTy
Registered User
 
KrAzYeTy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 115
Default Re: Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread

Played for 4hrs last night with three friends. Absolutely epic gaming experience.

Not knowing the new levels at all, made it very challenging, even on Advanced. The common infected are much nastier this time around. Before they really weren't even a threat, but now they scare the hell out of you and seem to gain the upper hand pretty quickly based on tactics. There were times where I would blow the stomach completely through zombie where he would fall to the ground, so I would turn around to kill some more only to have that same zombie get back up and start raping me from behind. Always follow the "double tap" rule

Can't wait to play more tonight!
KrAzYeTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-09, 12:22 PM   #95
grey_1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrAzYeTy View Post
Played for 4hrs last night with three friends. Absolutely epic gaming experience.

Not knowing the new levels at all, made it very challenging, even on Advanced. The common infected are much nastier this time around. Before they really weren't even a threat, but now they scare the hell out of you and seem to gain the upper hand pretty quickly based on tactics. There were times where I would blow the stomach completely through zombie where he would fall to the ground, so I would turn around to kill some more only to have that same zombie get back up and start raping me from behind. Always follow the "double tap" rule

Can't wait to play more tonight!
OH HECK YES!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-09, 12:31 PM   #96
DiscipleDOC
 
DiscipleDOC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Alabama, Planet Earth
Posts: 5,993
Default Re: Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
Much better use of graphical effects - smoke, fire etc

Teamwork more heavily emphasized

More creative with mission/finales etc. Gameplay feels more dynamic than before as there seems to be very little "hunker down and shoot" moments as opposed to teams having to protect each other, by design, to accomplish certain missions etc.

Level design for the most part just feels more open. Still linear of course, but it's much easier to wander off exploring.

The tweaked skins are good. Tank/smoker/boomers etc, all look much more menacing.

The new witch still sucks like the old one did. Yes, I hate her.

Worth buying imho.
Best short review, ever.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.