Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-23-09, 04:03 PM   #1
joethefox

Question PowerMizer Question

I'm an happy owner of a laptop equiped with a GeForce 9600M GT and Kubuntu Karmic as OS and 190.42 as graphic driver (installation from binary).

Can I set an Adaptive Mode that works between the last two performance levels (2-3) instead of the actual Adaptive Mode that works between all the four (0-1-2-3) performance levels?

That question beacuse:
- the first performance level (0) makes the performance of my openGL desktop enviroment (KDE4) very ugly during the time that the powermizer sets the performance to the maximum level. Very unpleasant.
- I cannot set "Prefer Maximum Performance" in the preferred mode setting, because after a couple of minutes I can cook eggs with my laptop. Cool.

The demand for reserves is:
You can improve the reaction time of the PowerMizer to climb from level 0 to level 3 in a shorter time, I do not know, about 5/10 ms?
joethefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-10, 09:52 AM   #2
joethefox

Default Re: PowerMizer Question

what's wrong with this question???
Old 01-19-10, 10:22 AM   #3
queen6

Powermizer has been broken on some laptop cards ever since I can remember (since it was introduced). I had this problem on Quadro 360M and now on GeForce 280M GTX. All you can do now, is to join other affected people and pray. One day it _might_ be fixed (aka keep dreaming).
queen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-10, 10:48 AM   #4
joethefox

@queen6
in my case (9600M GT) PowerMizer works in all the four (0-1-2-3) performance levels, my issue is that the Adaptive Mode is "de facto" not usuable in a modern OpenGL desktop enviroment without very unpleasant results...