Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-06-10, 02:40 PM   #1
evox
:3

Default Call of Duty 7 to be Vietnam based?

Quote:
While not official, there have been several rumblings about Treyarch’s next installment in the white hot Call of Duty franchise. Specifically, the current rumor is that Treyarch’s Winter 2010 entry into the series will be based around conflicts regarding the Vietnam War..
http://abstract360.com/2009/12/rumor...e-story-heavy/

Joy.
evox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-10, 04:05 PM   #2
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

Default Re: Call of Duty 7 to be Vietnam based?

I hope it is and they better have choppers. The only Vietnam era game that has been good is BF:VT but sadly many over looked it so the community quickly died. I use to play it for hours and damn I felt at home flying those choppers around.

S.I.N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-10, 04:08 PM   #3
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N View Post
I hope it is and they better have choppers. The only Vietnam era game that has been good is BF:VT but sadly many over looked it so the community quickly died. I use to play it for hours and damn I felt at home flying those choppers around.

whats so good about it? were is the damn jungle
Old 01-06-10, 04:16 PM   #4
Logical

Call of Duty is dying and it doesn't matter if Treyarch are making it or IW.

Thats my opinion anyway. MW2 did so well because of CoD4...none of the next CoD's will be anywhere near as sucessfull.

Bring on BFBC2, BF3 and MoH2010 please.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-10, 04:16 PM   #5
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
whats so good about it? were is the damn jungle
BF:VT had jungle maps. That's also what was great about that game, the maps were varied. That said, many modders made better maps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
Call of Duty is dying and it doesn't matter if Treyarch are making it or IW.

Thats my opinion anyway. MW2 did so well because of CoD4...none of the next CoD's will be anywhere near as sucessfull.

Bring on BFBC2, BF3 and MoH2010 please.
How do did you come to this conclusion COD is dying? Even World at War sold ridiculous amounts and it was actually good despite the hate some showed it just for being a WWII game..
S.I.N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-10, 04:20 PM   #6
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

This rumor has been around forever and I do hope it's true, but at the same time I hope they can really do dense jungle properly on current hardware.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-10, 04:41 PM   #7
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N View Post
How do did you come to this conclusion COD is dying? Even World at War sold ridiculous amounts and it was actually good despite the hate some showed it just for being a WWII game..
CoD is dying because there is better games of the same genre coming our way in 2010. Presumptuous yes...but also confident.

Old 01-06-10, 04:57 PM   #8
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
CoD is dying because there is better games of the same genre coming our way in 2010. Presumptuous yes...but also confident.

Unfortunately MW2 has been the Steam top seller or near that since it released almost 2 months ago, the player numbers at any one time are astronomical and the game is a huge succeess.

Another game catering more to your niche interests does not mean CoD is dying.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-06-10, 05:10 PM   #9
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Unfortunately MW2 has been the Steam top seller or near that since it released almost 2 months ago, the player numbers at any one time are astronomical and the game is a huge succeess.

Another game catering more to your niche interests does not mean CoD is dying.
I think that when BFBC2 and MoH2010 are released the 'amount of hours played' on any CoD game on PC will drop dramatically, therefore the death of CoD will begin. It may not be dying yet...but it is terminally ill.

May i ask why it is unfortunate that MW2 is the steam top seller? And may i suggest that media promotions and very expensive advertising along with the CoD name may have had something to do with those sales. It is a success for IW as they have made a lot of money on the CoD name but MW2 is a mediocre FPS at best and imo the most overhyped game of 2009.

Again i only speak of multiplayer...i have no interest in singleplayer rail shooters especially when they have been done before and better.
Old 01-06-10, 05:22 PM   #10
Muppet

Quote:
I think that when BFBC2 and MoH2010 are released the 'amount of hours played' on any CoD game on PC will drop dramatically, therefore the death of CoD will begin. It may not be dying yet...but it is terminally ill.

May i ask why it is unfortunate that MW2 is the steam top seller? And may i suggest that media promotions and very expensive advertising along with the CoD name may have had something to do with those sales. It is a success for IW as they have made a lot of money on the CoD name but MW2 is a mediocre FPS at best and imo the most overhyped game of 2009.

Again i only speak of multiplayer...i have no interest in singleplayer rail shooters especially when they have been done before and better.
How can you sit there with an honest face and say the COD series is dying. It is now the biggest selling game (MW2) of all time.
Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition | Intel 4930k | SS Phasechange | 16GB Corsair Platinum DDR3 1866 | Asus GTX680 x2 SLI | Corsair AX1200 Watt PSU | Lian-Li PC-8NWX | Intel 520 120Gb SSD x2 | Samsung S27A950D 27" 120Hz | HP ZR24w 24" S-IPS x3 Nvidia Surround @6000x1200 | Xonar Essence STX
Muppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-10, 05:25 PM   #11
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppet View Post
How can you sit there with an honest face and say the COD series is dying. It is now the biggest selling game (MW2) of all time.
Wishful thinking on his part, lol. I have played BFBC2, and the game sucks.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-10, 05:31 PM   #12
hokeyplyr48
hooah

Send a message via AIM to hokeyplyr48

If you guys really want to talk about an overhyped game, talk about halo. Jesus that game is a piece of ****. Got to be one of the worst FPS games I've ever played. If it weren't for the hype the game would have been completely overlooked.
CPU:Q6600 @ 3.5 w/ Ultra 120 extreme|| RAM: 4x2GB G. Skill || Motherboard: ABIT IP35 Pro || VideoCard: eVGA 260GTX & 7200GS for triple monitoring || Sound Card: Creative X-FI xtremegamer || Hard Drive: 2 x 150GB Raptor in RAID 0 (OS and Program Files) | 1 x 150GB Raptor (User Drive) | 1 x WD 2TB HD SATA II | 1 x 1TB Seagate | 1 x WD 500 GB HD SATA II | 1 x Seagate 400 GB HD SATA II | 1 x WD 160 GB HD IDE (slow, only for storage) || Monitor: Dell 30" 3007WFP LCD, Acer 22" widescreen, & Gateway 17" || Case: Antec 900 || PSU: 1 KW athenatech or force or something PSU || Keyboard: Logitech G15 || Mouse: Logitech MX 518 || OS: Windows 7 Build 7201 x64

Secondary Rig: FX-60, 7900GTX, 2 x 1BG OCZ Platinum, A8N32-SLI Deluxe, Antec 180, XP x32
hokeyplyr48 is offline   Reply With Quote