Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-03-09, 01:59 AM   #13
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: Just passed Shadow of the Colossus

A general rule is most PS2 games except MGS3 and GoW1and2 run like arse on emu. You can get decent results with a lot of hacking and trying different plugins or whatever. However being a popular game, it probably will one day have decent emu support. Until then a PS2 or early PS3 is the best way to play.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-09, 06:34 AM   #14
JaylumX
Something Else

I would have bought this game and ICO for my PS2 earlier this year were it not for the asking price at A) Amazon UK and B) Ebay. There is no way in hell i am paying more than 20 for PS2 games regardless of how good they were ( I won't even pay more that 10 for a PS2 game). Some of you may think i am missing out.....well, there is a lot of other stuff i am missing out on.

If only i could find a copy for less than a tenner

i5 760 @ 4.0 | P7P55D-E | 8GB DDR3 | 60 & 120GB SSD - 1TB SATA 2 | HD 7950 @ 1200/6300 | HDAV 1.3 | HD598

Xbox 360 120GB | PS3 40GB | Wii 8GB | Sony KDL-32EX723BU
JaylumX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-09, 10:05 AM   #15
HiCZoK4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DansFace View Post
ummm
can we even discuss this...
how'd it run on the emu?
Craniger is right... Just get latest PCSX2 best from their site if You want to try. No need to try out diffferent plugins. v1888 have newest\best plugins for most of games. (Dunno really I only runned SHADOW and Devil May Cry. Shadow works quite slow but DMC a bit better.

The point is You need at least 3.00ghz 2core cup to get nice resoults. 4 cores are not supported
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-09, 04:57 PM   #16
Qbert
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiCZoK4 View Post
I would love to play this on playstation... Maybe I will get ps3 in summer. Does it work on ps3? how and how does it work?
Like said earlier, make sure you get one (used) that is backwards compatible with PS2 games via hardware, next best would be software emulation but not all games are 100% compatible. Most can still be played but there will be little bugs or disconnects between the graphics and the audio sometimes, etc.

Here is a great site to check backwards compat on the PS3: http://www.ps3comp.com/view.asp?flt=0-9&console=ps2

Now if they re-make SotC like they did God of War on Blue Ray for the PS3 I'll be all over that!

EDIT:

Here is some more info for you (extract from an email I sent to a friend a couple of months back who was considering the same as you):

Read this article on how the different PS3 models handle backwards compatibility:

http://www.hardcoreware.net/playstat...ibility-sucks/

By the way, I have the 80GB model and every game I have tried has worked fine so far.

And then see the table in this article for compatibility specifics between all PS3 models:

http://www.hardcoreware.net/playstation-3-model-guide/

If you do decide to get a re-furbished model, you will want one of these 3 (basically, just make sure the manufacturer number is one of the 3 below):

80 GB - CECHE01
60 GB - CECHA01
20 GB - CECB01

Good luck and happy gaming!
Qbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-09, 05:53 PM   #17
TheANIMAL

Why don't you play it on a PS2?
TheANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-09, 11:28 PM   #18
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

The easy way is not for nV News The.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-09, 01:32 AM   #19
HiCZoK4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qbert View Post
Like said earlier, make sure you get one (used) that is backwards compatible with PS2 games via hardware, next best would be software emulation but not all games are 100% compatible. Most can still be played but there will be little bugs or disconnects between the graphics and the audio sometimes, etc.

Here is a great site to check backwards compat on the PS3: http://www.ps3comp.com/view.asp?flt=0-9&console=ps2

Now if they re-make SotC like they did God of War on Blue Ray for the PS3 I'll be all over that!

EDIT:

Here is some more info for you (extract from an email I sent to a friend a couple of months back who was considering the same as you):

Read this article on how the different PS3 models handle backwards compatibility:

http://www.hardcoreware.net/playstat...ibility-sucks/

By the way, I have the 80GB model and every game I have tried has worked fine so far.

And then see the table in this article for compatibility specifics between all PS3 models:

http://www.hardcoreware.net/playstation-3-model-guide/

If you do decide to get a re-furbished model, you will want one of these 3 (basically, just make sure the manufacturer number is one of the 3 below):

80 GB - CECHE01
60 GB - CECHA01
20 GB - CECB01

Good luck and happy gaming!
I cant wait till I Get one. Not sonner than a year or half but if I do then eventually its going to be very helpfull. thx
Old 12-04-09, 10:41 AM   #20
Qbert
*BANNED*

Quote:
I cant wait till I Get one. Not sonner than a year or half but if I do then eventually its going to be very helpfull. thx
Welcome...but by then you'll prolly want something newer or better that has come out.
Qbert is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-09, 10:49 AM   #21
|MaguS|

I ran a few games pretty smooth with PSX2 but compatibility is honestly in the garbage with it. I don't care what their list states most of my PS2 games did not work or ran extremely bad with it... and I own 150 PS2 titles.

Drakan 2 was one of the few games that ran decent but could not get the controls to work well in comparison to using a real PS2 pad.
Old 12-04-09, 10:53 AM   #22
HiCZoK4

Well its just an emulator so we cant be wanting more. But would be nice to run all ps2 games at SUPERIOR resolution and fps
Old 12-04-09, 11:09 AM   #23
|MaguS|

Quote:
Well its just an emulator so we cant be wanting more. But would be nice to run all ps2 games at SUPERIOR resolution and fps
Thing is I don't think all the games would see a significant improvement in the visual department. The developers used a lot of different styles to high flaws in the visuals with tricks in the lower resolution which would become obvious at higher resolutions.
Old 12-04-09, 07:32 PM   #24
fizzelopeguss

I'm hoping for a port GoW collection style, i just can't do the whole sd game on hd telly thing.
fizzelopeguss is offline   Reply With Quote