Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-29-09, 12:38 PM   #1
bhasinusc

Default Fedora -12: Please tell me Exact Driver and steps for installing Nvidia Quadro NVS 14

Guys,

I have a lenovo Thinkpad T61 with Nvidia Quadro NVS 140m driver (I think this is an old driver).

I freshly installed Fedora 12 on my laptop.

I tried to download the RPMFusion repositories and tried to setup by various methods but the Quadro 140m driver is not able to read the rmpFusion repositories.

I think we should not install from rpmfusion for this particular Nvidia driver.

Can anyone please guide me of the exact steps needed to Install the NVS 140m driver on Fedora 12?.

Any help will be very useful.

Thanks,
bhasinusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-09, 04:07 PM   #2
kwizart

Default Re: Fedora -12: Please tell me Exact Driver and steps for installing Nvidia Quadro NV

The driver is working fine from rpmfusion, but in only available in rpmfusion-nonfree-updates-testing.
There are additional steps, but if you don't know how to workaround it, please stay away from now, and wait: most are explained from http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=141676
kwizart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-09, 11:26 PM   #3
bhasinusc

Default Re: Fedora -12: Please tell me Exact Driver and steps for installing Nvidia Quadro NV

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwizart View Post
The driver is working fine from rpmfusion, but in only available in rpmfusion-nonfree-updates-testing.
There are additional steps, but if you don't know how to workaround it, please stay away from now, and wait: most are explained from http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=141676
I read the thread. One poster says If you install the Driver directly from Nvidia.com instead of the RPMFusion repository there is no need of disabling the allow_execstack .

Can you confirm if this is true?.
bhasinusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-09, 06:52 AM   #4
kwizart

In the current situation, if you install the driver from rpmfusion-nonfree-updates-testing, it will not requires allow_exectstack either. (nor turn on allow_execstack in your back).
kwizart is offline   Reply With Quote