Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > CPUs, Motherboards And Memory

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-08-09, 12:08 PM   #25
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Default Re: Need advice on watercooling alot of hardware

Do not get coollaboratory's liquid pro under any circumstance! It's a bitch to apply and isn't even that much better than diamond paste. It also comes with unnecessary risks.

Bottom line: stay away.
Old 12-08-09, 01:40 PM   #26
LydianKnight
Registered Knight

Why? to apply a nearly-perfect layer takes something like an hour of continual effort with the brush but in the end, it gets quite good results.
LydianKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-09, 03:41 PM   #27
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LydianKnight View Post
Why? to apply a nearly-perfect layer takes something like an hour of continual effort with the brush but in the end, it gets quite good results.
You don't see anything wrong with it taking an hour to apply? And believe it or not but it's even harder to remove! That makes it unsuitable for a wc setup(needs constant care).
Old 12-08-09, 03:59 PM   #28
LydianKnight
Registered Knight

For me it's perfectly fine if you're not gonna make any modification at all on your water-cooled setup (set aside the fact of re-newing the tubing once years pass or you want to do basic maintenance like coolant re-cycling).

How many times did you need to put re-new your blocks on your setup?
Old 12-09-09, 06:01 AM   #29
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Quote:
For me it's perfectly fine if you're not gonna make any modification at all on your water-cooled setup (set aside the fact of re-newing the tubing once years pass or you want to do basic maintenance like coolant re-cycling).

How many times did you need to put re-new your blocks on your setup?
I keep adding and switching blocks, so maybe once a month. Plus I always make sure there isn't any build-up of algae once a month as well.
Old 12-09-09, 07:12 AM   #30
LydianKnight
Registered Knight

Yes, in that case, it's not a practical thing to use liquid metal compounds, but about algae development inside the loop, for every build I've done (always for others, as you can see by my signature I just prefer plain stock components for my system) I've just done a basic coolant re-cycling and and hot water+UV treatment every 3/4 months, just to ensure the health of the solution inside the loop, although I always recommend using a pre-made mixture with anti-corrosion and anti-algae compounds instead of playing chemistry for a more advanced form of coolant solution.
Old 12-10-09, 12:16 AM   #31
Xion X2

Quote:
Yes, in that case, it's not a practical thing to use liquid metal compounds, but about algae development inside the loop, for every build I've done (always for others, as you can see by my signature I just prefer plain stock components for my system) I've just done a basic coolant re-cycling and and hot water+UV treatment every 3/4 months, just to ensure the health of the solution inside the loop, although I always recommend using a pre-made mixture with anti-corrosion and anti-algae compounds instead of playing chemistry for a more advanced form of coolant solution.
All you need is a drop of PT Nuke to keep algae out. That should last you for at least 6 months.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-09, 05:40 AM   #32
LydianKnight
Registered Knight

Never heard of that product but I'll look on the internet for it, thanks for the advice ^^

And btw... nice mod you're making, +1 to it